ALL esp and esm files get moved to the overwrite folder when I create a bashed patch

TheNippleWizard

Question

Not much more that needs clarifying besides what's in the title. When I make a bashed patch all esm and esp files used to make the patch get moved (not copied) from the mods folder into the overwrite folder, leaving a jumbled mess. This messed up my mods folder so bad I ended up deciding to start from scratch, and that's after I put a month of free time into getting to that stage. This time I made a backup before I opened up Wrye Flash, but the problem still isn't fixed and I can't make a bashed patch without having to reload that backup. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Also, Kelmych: if you read this, please add a note in the guide reminding people to backup before the bashed patch, so anyone else in my situation can at least recover from it easily.

3 answers to this question

I think I've found the culprit. Auto-Ghost was turned on because the first time I followed the guide I was exceeding the plugin limit by using most of the user recommended mods in the guide, and advice outside of the guide told me I could only make a bashed patch merging these plugins if I enabled Auto-Ghost. Opening Wrye Flash without creating a bashed patch moved all the .ghost files made by this to overwrite. The log I am about to post shows this. Attempting this again caused the ESMs/ESPs to be sent to overwrite as well, despite the fact that I did nothing different. I will send the logs for each of these in a separate post as attempting to post them with this caused me to lose what I had written.

Edit: it turns out I am not going to be able to post my logs because every time I click post a loading sign comes up for a while and then nothing happens. I'm going to mark this as solved though, because it seems I've found the problem. If the root problem of exceeding my plugin limit reoccurs I'll make a different post. Thanks for your time.

Edited by TheNippleWizard

Creating a bashed patch should not be editing ANY files except the default bashed patch,0.esp, therefore MO has no need to copy/move ANY file.

something else is at play in your setup if those files are being moved anywhere.

Please clear your logs folder and re-run the process and then post the logs here.