Skyrim flora overhaul trees pop in

tomtomp

Question

Hello, 

I am having problems with trees popping (missing LOD?), but only with some of the SFO special trees.

Screenshots showing this problem can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/sYEkZ . The trees, shown in the first 2 images are called "GKB_mapletree01" and are defined in the "Trees and Flora Merged.esp".

List of mods load-order and ini files: https://modwat.ch/u/Tomtomp-SRLE .

DynDOLOD has been generated as specified by the guide, preset: Medium.

Apart from the pop-in problem, I am also curious about the normal "vanilla" tree LODs. Are they supposed to look the way they look on the first screenshot? (Top-right)

Thanks for any help.

15 answers to this question

that pop in happens because you dont have lods for those trees so DDL couldn't generate them. I don't know what guide are you using this is for SRLE original support

how do they get lods if tamrieltreelods.dds gets overwritten ?

I remember it was fixes with relinker but my relinker has no lod files right now.

Hello, 

I am having problems with trees popping (missing LOD?), but only with some of the SFO special trees.

Screenshots showing this problem can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/sYEkZ . The trees, shown in the first 2 images are called "GKB_mapletree01" and are defined in the "Trees and Flora Merged.esp".

List of mods load-order and ini files: https://modwat.ch/u/Tomtomp-SRLE .

DynDOLOD has been generated as specified by the guide, preset: Medium.

Apart from the pop-in problem, I am also curious about the normal "vanilla" tree LODs. Are they supposed to look the way they look on the first screenshot? (Top-right)

Thanks for any help.

I have spent the last two hours trying to find a fix for this issue before I found this post by accident. My reasons are the same location's shown in the images above. If someone with more knowledge on this could give some input as to how to solve this it would be greatly appreciated. If I find out first I will definitely be posting the fix. 

that pop in happens because you dont have lods for those trees so DDL couldn't generate them. I don't know what guide are you using this is for SRLE original support. 

Sorry, didn't realize this forum was for the original. I was following the SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn guide (https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn).

how do they get lods if tamrieltreelods.dds gets overwritten ?

I remember it was fixes with relinker but my relinker has no lod files right now.

Running relinker was also a part of the guide (SRLE E: LoTD), but it doesn't seem to help.

Personally, I abandoned v1.91 for the more up to date v2.5b so same as SRLE Base and Paul and JD's guide. I was planning on doing this change to our guide but never got to it.

In MO I have SFO v1.91, v2.5b and v2.5b billboards in this order:

Skyrim Flora Overhaul (v1.91)
Skyrim Flora Overhaul (2.5b)
Skyrim Flora Overhaul (2.5b Billboards)

on my personal setup i installed what Paul and JD had on there guide. which is believe is the same of SRLE Base.

Skyrim Flora Overhaul - 2.5b - by Vurt

Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Skyrim Flora Overhaul v2.5b
  • MAIN FILES - SFO Billboards for v2.5b (updated)
  • OPTIONAL FILES - Large Juniper Trees (updated)
  • OPTIONAL FILES - Tall Pines (Scots Pine Replacement)

Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):
Skyrim Flora Overhaul v2.5b:

• textures/landscape/fieldgrass02*.dds
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
  • SFO - Dragonborn.esp

Special Installation: Install ONLY the following file(s) and/or folder(s):
Large Juniper Trees:

• meshes folder
  • textures/landscape folder
  • textures/terrain/LODGen/Skyrim.esm/florajuniper*

Tall Pines:

• meshes/landscape/trees folder
  • textures/terrain/LODGen/Skyrim.esm/TreePineForest04*

Mod Notes: This mod overhauls the Skyrim landscape with better looking flora.

Edit: I did still use the no grass option from our guide too.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Using the SFO v2.5b removed the new trees, so the LOD are no longer a problem. I think I am fine without the special tree types.

I have one more question, I installed the "Tall Pines" optional file, but it is being overwritten by "Enhanced Vanilla Trees - Bilboard generator". I tried putting the "Tall Pines" after EVT, which seemed to work (the distant trees also looked much better), but there were some problems with LOD sizes, after running DynDOLOD. Looking at the "Enhanced Vanilla Trees" mod page, the author specifies, that no other tree LOD mods should be used.

One last question: When using DynDOLOD, my settings look like this -> https://imgur.com/a/cUD6D . Is this correct, or should I skip the "Generate tree LOD"?

just so you know the Custom Placed Trees Megapatch was part of the guide at one point but was pulled I really can't remember why now it was a few months ago or maybe it was part on the orginal SRLE Extended and never got transfer again I really can't remember. I persoanlly haven't done any modding since like Febuary.

just so you know the Custom Placed Trees Megapatch was part of the guide at one point but was pulled I really can't remember why now it was a few months ago or maybe it was part on the orginal SRLE Extended and never got transfer again I really can't remember. I persoanlly haven't done any modding since like Febuary.

It was indeed, i remember it very well, that's how I actually found the lods of these said trees from sfo 1.91 expanded diversity.

Since we had this mod the lods just blended in but without it, there are actually no lods for them, just the tamriel_tree_lods file which gets overwritten anyways.

on my personal setup i installed what Paul and JD had on there guide. which is believe is the same of SRLE Base.

Skyrim Flora Overhaul - 2.5b - by Vurt

Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Skyrim Flora Overhaul v2.5b
  • MAIN FILES - SFO Billboards for v2.5b (updated)
  • OPTIONAL FILES - Large Juniper Trees (updated)
  • OPTIONAL FILES - Tall Pines (Scots Pine Replacement)

Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

Skyrim Flora Overhaul v2.5b:

• textures/landscape/fieldgrass02*.dds
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
  • SFO - Dragonborn.esp

Special Installation: Install ONLY the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

Large Juniper Trees:

• meshes folder
  • textures/landscape folder
  • textures/terrain/LODGen/Skyrim.esm/florajuniper*

Tall Pines:

• meshes/landscape/trees folder
  • textures/terrain/LODGen/Skyrim.esm/TreePineForest04*

Mod Notes: This mod overhauls the Skyrim landscape with better looking flora.

Edit: I did still use the no grass option from our guide too.

Can confirm now that adding the billboards makes it work 

Thanks for the responses I am glad to know there is a fix and I am going to try the fix for v1.9, but I took off with Darkladylexy suggestion that night as I have used that setup in SRLE before and it works really well, "I am not sure I will switch back even if v1.9 does start working because v2.5b is absolutely stunning.

gbsHn8A.png

D9J0aIe.png