• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#46 Phalaxis

Phalaxis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Any update on the install method for Skyrim SE Skill Interface Re-Texture?

#47 Cyklope78

Cyklope78

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

I used MO for this. You just have to do a manual install for the ones with Fomod installers and just unpack the BAIN folders according to the guide. Just expand the file trees and drag the folders to the root <data> part of the tree. Pretty easy. MO2 only crashes after you use external programs which is only a few times during the course of the guide. I think anyone following this guide can handle it. Thanks for this guide by the way.

Whaaaaat? MO1 works? Well thanks for this info evmiller! I download SSE again and use TechAngel85's guide! Plus my own favourites, of course! ::P: 

#48 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

No, MO doesn't workwork. MO2 works but has some issues.

#49 Cyklope78

Cyklope78

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

Ah! uh! Well... ok. I'm gonna give a try since I'm really worried about messing up SSE data directory.

#50 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

Sorry to post such a novice question about WB. Are the mods stored in seperate folders like they are in MO? I was curious if you could move the install order around as wanted.

#51 Cyklope78

Cyklope78

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

In your guide for DyndoLOD you underline: "Users not on a 64-bit system should use the executables without the 64 ending."

Are you sure it's possible to run SSE on a 32-bit OS? I really don't think so.

#52 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:40 PM

Sorry to post such a novice question about WB. Are the mods stored in seperate folders like they are in MO? I was curious if you could move the install order around as wanted.

No, they are stored in the Data folder of the game. WB has a sort of tracking system to know which resource is being provided by which mod. You can move your mods around all you want. Just Anneal them when you're done. You can Anneal a single mod or your entire install. This basically "corrects" any issues so the mods are providing the right resources according tho the order they're listed. This is why install order is important. Users should also keep in mind with WB loose files will always overwrite files provided in archives (BSAs) because the game loads BSAs before loose files; therefore, loose files will always overwrite BSAs. If you if you an asset in an archive you want to win a conflict, you'll have to extract that archive into loose files and place it at a higher priority in the load order, or remove the conflicting resources from all mods providing them as loose files.

Basically with WB, you have to go back to traditional modding and some would argue "proper modding". Accounting for BSA vs loose files, having files in the Data folder, etc. etc.

In your guide for DyndoLOD you underline: "Users not on a 64-bit system should use the executables without the 64 ending."

Are you sure it's possible to run SSE on a 32-bit OS? I really don't think so.

You are right. I wasn't aware it was a strictly 64-bit game. Nice. I'll update it.

#53 Cyklope78

Cyklope78

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

You are right. I wasn't aware it was a strictly 64-bit game. Nice. I'll update it.

LOL! That's the ONLY thing that makes the difference with classic Skyrim. And what a difference: it offers the possibility to add countless mods to the game  :lol:

Win 10 64-bit recognizes 128 Gb ram (family version, not pro which is 512 Gb!) versus Win 10 32-bit which is 4Go. So I guess it's the same for softwares developed on the same IT architecture today. The only restriction to this would be bugs/conflicts between mods. And your hardware limitations too  ::D:

And I'd bet that's why Bethesda develops the Creation Club: to keep Skyrim fans active and highly 'hooked', before a new opus, different from the ESO serie.

Edited by Cyklope78, 23 July 2017 - 10:44 PM.

#54 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:26 AM

I was thinking it would be cool to have an EnaiSiaion only pack. A few pack ideas could be a Chesko pack, Better Vampires (inc. Better Vampire NPCs) Pack with maybe Moonlight Tales added to it.

Here you go: https://forum.step-p...eads-sse-packs/

#55 Luisangre

Luisangre

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

Would be cool if the guide was MO2 focused. 

Been extremely stable so far.

#56 snoochems

snoochems

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:22 AM

I finally got all the mods loaded, and have started playing a game.  Looks really good.

one issue - most of the world seems to be under water... :S

#57 Lonewolf

Lonewolf

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

In the guide is not mentioned, but I guess it goes without saying that we have to clean the update and DLCs esms, right?

#58 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

I finally got all the mods loaded, and have started playing a game.  Looks really good.

one issue - most of the world seems to be under water... :S

Update the CR Patch.

In the guide is not mentioned, but I guess it goes without saying that we have to clean the update and DLCs esms, right?

Yes, you should always do this before modding the game.

#59 Hackfield

Hackfield

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

I don't know if this has Schlangster approval or not, but there is a SkyUI version for SE called SkylightUI. For what I could test, it's the closest we can get to SkyUI 5 (colored icons, different icons for different weapons, armor types and slots, potions and misc.), it also includes SkyUI's favorites menu.

I can share the link if you think it's ok to share, as I said, I don't really know if it has Schlangster approval.

#60 easyrider1988

easyrider1988

Prisoner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

Hi, Tech, thanks for the great guide.

I made a similar setup with MO2 using lots of mods from STEP guide converted for SSE. All of them work fine.

One note on Remove Small Rocks. For me it doesn’t work with Vanilla Vegetation Overhaul and Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover. According your guide the first mod should be overwritten by the other two (it's not, in fact), but even if you install RSR after VVO and VGG, there’s no effect. I had to make copies of the files from RSR and rename them to p_riverbedpebbles.nif, p_smallpebbles.nif and p_smallpebbles_snow.nif. Moved the mod below the other two and the nasty pebbles disappeared. ::):

Edited by easyrider1988, 24 July 2017 - 10:07 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users