1055 replies to this topic

#1006 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

Edit - Forget it - this needs to go somewhere else.

Edited by Shadriss, 04 July 2018 - 07:20 PM.

#1007 spdstep

spdstep

Prisoner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:55 AM

Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction even if its where to re-post the question.

I started the game today and I now have a persistent top , basically its the title bar though I can't move mouse over it, and left window border when loading the game through MO2.

The only changes made since last play was updated nVidia driver. Also, I did run game through MO2 without having Steam running so I did stop the game loading half way through so I could load up steam.

When I run the game through the Steam Launcher, no problem.

I have re-run BethINI and unchecked Windowed Mode and Borderless setting and still got the border at top  and left border. Reset it again and still have same problem.

I tried taking a screen shot but the border is clipped out during the process. Also I should

Anyone have any clues where to start looking? Would there be a registration setting somewhere out of whack?

Thanks
Steve

#1008 spdstep

spdstep

Prisoner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:56 AM

Just thought I would followup on my issue with borders. Turns out BethINI was pointing to the default INI location as opposed to the MO2 Profile. A suggestion from someone on MO2 support had me change that. Now it seems to be working fine. Weird though as I have been playing for over 6 months with the previous setting.

#1009 Midig

Midig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

I just want you to know that the CR Patch Requires Harvest Overhaul Redone (both patches) and Immersive Citizens. Just that I cant find those tags on your guide, I had to find out about this after seeing that my CR patch lacked a few esp. Not sure if it was intended that the CR patch needs these mods, but at least people should know they need them in the guide. 

#1010 mxshn

mxshn

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

High Poly Project requires the PELTAPALOOZA mod in order to get the correct texture (pelt04.dds) for the Windhelm Throne. If you don't have it the throne material will appear as bright purple.

#1011 firejordan

firejordan

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 05:18 AM

I'm having a reoccurring CTD on selecting load game. I've followed Tech's guide to the end, got it all working the other night, but only played a few minutes because I'd stayed up late following the guide, and then just wanted to go to bed, but now I'm trying to play I'm having this CTD

Any ideas? Or anywhere better to ask?

FYI here's my load order:   

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
  6  6     Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  7  7     DynDOLOD.esm
  8  8     DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
  9  9     SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp
 10  a     UnlimitedBookshelves.esp
 11  b     RelightingSkyrim_SSE.esp
 12  c     SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
 13  d     EmbersHD.esp
 14  e     Gildergreen Regrown.esp
 15  f     Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
 16 10     Cutting Room Floor.esp
 17 11     Bring Out Your Dead.esp
           dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
 18 12     XPMSE.esp
 19 13     RaceMenu.esp
 20 14     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 21 15     Vivid WeathersSE.esp
 22 16     IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
 23 17     Book Covers Skyrim.esp
 24 18     BetterQuestObjectives.esp
 25 19     aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
 26 1a     Animated Weapon Enchants.esp
 27 1b     Better Dynamic Snow.esp
           BlendedRoads.esp
 28 1c     Point The Way.esp
 29 1d     MajesticMountains_Moss.esp
 30 1e     Oblivion Gates Remade.esp
 31 1f     Inigo.esp
 32 20     FarmhouseChimneys.esp
 33 21     Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library.esp
 34 22     DustEffectsSSE.esp
 35 23     Elemental_Staffs.esp
 36 24     dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
 37 25     dD-No Screen Blood.esp
 38 26     Footprints.esp
           GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp
 39 27     PilgrimsDelight.esp
 40 28     MajesticMountains.esp
           SparklesSE.esp
           RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp
 41 29     TerrainLodRedone.esp
 42 2a     ORM-Arvak.esp
 43 2b     Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover.esp
           LSFX-SSE-Audiosettings.esp
 44 2c     SSE High Quality Music.esp
 45 2d     Beards.esp
 46 2e     Brows.esp
 47 2f     SPTConsistentOlderPeopleSE.esp
           Improved Eyes Skyrim - Vamp.esp
 48 30     Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp
 49 31     NB-Scars.esp
           FloraRespawnFix.esp
 50 32     AcquisitiveSoulGemMultithreaded.esp
 51 33     Ars Metallica.esp
 52 34     No NPC Greetings.esp
           Paralyze.esp
 53 35     SMDropLitTorch.esp
           Higher Bounty Rewards.esp
 54 36     HarvestOverhaul_Redone.esp
 55 37     HarvestOverhaul_Redone_Creatures.esp
           Circlets and Masks with all Robes and Hoods.esp
 56 38     imp_helm_legend.esp
 57 39     Simple AUA.esp
           BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
 58 3a     NotSoFast-MainQuest.esp
 59 3b     The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
 60 3c     NotSoFast-MageGuild.esp
 61 3d     iHUD.esp
 62 3e     Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
 63 3f     AHZmoreHUD.esp
 64 40     SkyUI_SE.esp
 65 41     Oblivion Gates Remade - Alternate Textures.esp
 66 42     FarmhouseChimneysCRF.esp
 67 43     Tech's SSE Guide v2 - Inigo Patch.esp
 68 44     Oblivion Gates Remade - Map Markers.esp
 69 45     LightngDuringStorm.esp
           Vivid Weathers SE - Extended Snow.esp
 70 46     WondersofWeather.esp
 71 47     Tech's SSE Guide v2 - LoS Patch.esp
 72 48     FNIS.esp
 73 49     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 74 4a     FarmhouseChimneysLAL.esp
 75 4b     Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
 76 4c     Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
 77 4d     TheChoiceIsYours.esp
 78 4e     Convenient Horses.esp
 79 4f     RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp
 80 50     ELE_SSE.esp
 81 51     RealisticWaterTwo.esp
 82 52     Tech's SSE Guide v2 - CR Patch.esp
 83 53     Tech's SSE Guide v2 - LW Patch.esp
 84 54     Bashed Patch, 0.esp
 85 55     DynDOLOD.esp

Thanks.

#1012 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,514 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

Hello everyone! Just some news and thoughts today.

I am redoing this Guide to coincide with the release of STEP v3.0.0. It is going to be a more built out version of the current Guide; however, I've come to a crossroads and I'm not sure which direction I'd like to go.

*Spoiler*

The newest development of ETaC will be included in the next version of the Guide. I love the author's new approach of strictly sticking to the mod's scope by rebuilding it from the ground up with a vanilla look & feel and with mod compatibility in mind. That said, this new version of ETaC will be sticking to the towns, for now, so I also wanted to give the cities a bit of a face left too. The problem here is the best and most popular of these mods, Dawn of Skyrim & JK's, are not fully compatible with Immersive Citizens -AI Overhaul (ICAIO).

Dropping ICAIO is one option, however, it combined with Relationship Dialogue Overhaul make the NPCs of Skyrim much more interesting and lively. I really consider them "must haves" for better immersion. So if ICAIO is kept, this would mean using modular versions of Dawn of Skyrim, which would give an inconsistent feel from city to city since some cities would be skipped. However, JK's is partially compatible...with some issues...but I'm really partial to Dawn of Skyrim.

What are your thoughts? Are there other city overhauls that you might like to see, which are compatible with ICAIO?

#1013 easyrider1988

easyrider1988

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:31 AM

What about Arthmoor's villages? They cover pretty much everything except Riverwood which is covered by ETaC.

#1014 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,514 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:10 AM

What about Arthmoor's villages? They cover pretty much everything except Riverwood which is covered by ETaC.

I'm using ETaC so I need something that covers cities. Arthmoor's doesn't cover cities.

#1015 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:32 AM

I haven't played with the Dawn of series, but in my SE lineup, I used the JK series with ICAIO and don't recall there being any real problems. I think the worst thing I could say about them is that it adds a lot of flora to cities and makes them a bit more 'pretty', but given these are major population centers I never really saw that as a problem. Doesn't touch inn interiors, so no problems there either (not that I think many city overhauls do). I'd take pics, but once I went to SSE, I deleted all my SE profiles and mod data (Much like Cortez and his ships... there's no going back!). I'm currently using Lexy's Guide, and I think the one thing I'm missing is a cities overhaul to liven the cities up a bit, and JK's is the one I, personally, would look at first. 

The other factor, I suppose, would be just HOW incompatible the options are with ICAIO... if one is clearly superior in this respect, then that would be my first answer (pending how important aesthetics are).

#1016 easyrider1988

easyrider1988

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:39 AM

If I read correctly the mod page, currently ETaC SSE covers only Darkwater Crossing, Dawnstar and Riverwood.

#1017 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:48 AM

If I read correctly the mod page, currently ETaC SSE covers only Darkwater Crossing, Dawnstar and Riverwood.

If you read Tech's post, he's only looking at the major cities - so Whiterun, Windhelm, Morthal, Riften, and Solitude. The villages will all eventually be covered by ETaC (even if they aren't yet). So, with that in mind, he's looking for a mod set to cover those cities.

#1018 easyrider1988

easyrider1988

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:55 AM

You are right of course. Too much work today. Sorry.  ::):

#1019 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

No worries, guy - Beth confuses us all by making three Hold capitals look just like villages, so it's easy to just lump them all together in our heads. 

#1020 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,514 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

I haven't played with the Dawn of series, but in my SE lineup, I used the JK series with ICAIO and don't recall there being any real problems. I think the worst thing I could say about them is that it adds a lot of flora to cities and makes them a bit more 'pretty', but given these are major population centers I never really saw that as a problem. Doesn't touch inn interiors, so no problems there either (not that I think many city overhauls do). I'd take pics, but once I went to SSE, I deleted all my SE profiles and mod data (Much like Cortez and his ships... there's no going back!). I'm currently using Lexy's Guide, and I think the one thing I'm missing is a cities overhaul to liven the cities up a bit, and JK's is the one I, personally, would look at first. 

The other factor, I suppose, would be just HOW incompatible the options are with ICAIO... if one is clearly superior in this respect, then that would be my first answer (pending how important aesthetics are).

With JK's the only issues listed are possible "pathing" issues. As someone well acquainted with the CK, this is rather vague to me. Basically that tells me it could be as small as NPCs bumping into things before walking around them, or as sever as NPCs not able to get to markers. This could lead to many things, depending on the severity of the issue. The authors could mainly get around most pathing issues by using navmesh collision boxes in the CK. This is a special type of collision box that cuts a navmesh around an object, telling NPCs to go around it. However, there is no getting around an issue is as sever as a NPC not being able to get to a maker, without fixing it. This would mean moving the object causing the issue or moving the marker. Leaving it unchecked could lead to the NPC getting struck walking into an object until their AI schedule changes the task. If their schedule doesn't change their task, the NPC could be stuck like that indefinitely. So only saying, "pathing issues" really doesn't explain what the actual issue is for me. I'd have to test the locations they mention to understand what they meant by that statement. If I understand correctly, at one point Shurah was helping the JK's Team make their mod more compatible with ICAIO. I do hope that is still on-going.

As for Dawn of Skyrim, Shurah mentions it's not compatible, but doesn't state any specific reasons why...so it could be minor or major issues. The reasons I favor Dawn of Skyrim are due to the author's approach to its design, which is more minimal vs JK's. I want to akin Dawn of Skyrim to being a vanilla "enhancement", while JK's would be an "overhaul". I like the idea of smaller changes that just livens up and refreshes the cities without going over over the top. JK's is a bit over the top for my personal tastes. Though, I do hope to see a return of a "Lite" version of JK's because that was better suited towards my tastes, and was more compatible with ICAIO for a time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users