Skyrim SE

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide

• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#1051 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:03 PM

Need some help here please. I'm trying Obsidian Weathers (after watching a weather mod comparison video) instead of Vivid Weathers. I'm not using the LW Patch as it requires Vivid as a "master". Still using Relighting Skyrim and ELE. My issue is that it's stupid bright in caves now..? Relighting Skyrim is higher in the mod list. ELE is way towards the bottom. Any ideas? Thanks.

ELE requires a lot of patching so you'll probably need to look at it in xEdit. Obsidian Weathers is what I'm looking at for the next version of the guide.

#1052 GraPhiXJuNkiE

GraPhiXJuNkiE

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

*OOF*

Okay. Yeah, I was watching a weather mod comparison and really liked Dolomite, NAT and Rustic. Obsidian uses the best parts of Dolomite and Rustic. Not sure about NAT.. Will probably try NAT and just Dolomite too. Thanks!

#1053 GraPhiXJuNkiE

GraPhiXJuNkiE

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Okay. So I exited the cave a while ago (2 hrs-ish) went into another cave now its normal..? Weird.. SO far Obsidian is beautiful. ::D:

#1054 NerevaRising

NerevaRising

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

I'm a little confused, the guide mentions the last update to be on august 14, but the changelog stops at January, furthermore there is a notice saying the guide is no longer maintained...

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I just want to know if I can use the current guide without mayor problems or am I better off waiting for v3?  

#1055 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

I'm a little confused, the guide mentions the last update to be on august 14, but the changelog stops at January, furthermore there is a notice saying the guide is no longer maintained...
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I just want to know if I can use the current guide without mayor problems or am I better off waiting for v3?

This version of the guide is no longer maintained due to me planning a release that coincides with the release of STEP v3; of which, I've nearly completed. However this will not be released until STEP v3 is released. This could be several more months, but we're making good progress.

I simply did not update the changelog. The last update to the guide's page was just some simple fixes, nothing major. You can view the page history, on the wiki, to see those changes.

To answer your final question, I'm honestly not sure how out-of-date this guide is. I'm sure there are some changes to mod installations and options that would need to be tweaked. The patches most likely need an update, as well.

The next release of this guide will be more well-rounded and will include more and newer mods as I adventure a bit further away from vanilla, while still maintaining solid gameplay.

#1056 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

The next release of this guide will be more well-rounded and will include more and newer mods as I adventure a bit further away from vanilla, while still maintaining solid gameplay.

*whispers* Join us on Lexy's Guide, Tech... you know you want to. :)

#1057 NumberXer0

NumberXer0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:36 PM

Probably a strange question, but now that Skyrim VR has SKSE support and almost all mods are working with SE and VR, would this guide be applicable to Skyrim VR? I have thousands of hours into LE Skyrim and want to skip over SE and just go right to VR and am looking for a good modding guide for it.

#1058 akali95

akali95

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

So I've seen this guide has been discontinued but I would still like to ask a question since there doesn't seem to be an alternative, as you say for several more months still.

So I really wanted to use the Conflict Resolution patch provided in this guide since it seems to resolve quite a few conflicts with a sizable amount of mods. The only issue is that I'm pretty adamant about not using the "Improved Closefaced Helmets" mod.

I tried consulting the xEdit discord support channel and received help from a few admins there. The problem is I have no xEdit/modding experience of a sufficient level and as such do not know how to alter the records in order to remove that mod's master requirement safely. As I should probably not leave so many conflicts unresolved (between all the other mods but ICH) this pretty much halts my ability to play the game to a standstill and therefore I was hoping you could possibly let me know which references I should alter and how. I would very much appreciate that.

Nonetheless, thank you for publishing this guide, it has still been very helpful and enriched my knowledge about Skyrim modding significantly.

Edited by akali95, 23 December 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#1059 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:08 PM

So I've seen this guide has been discontinued but I would still like to ask a question since there doesn't seem to be an alternative, as you say for several more months still.

So I really wanted to use the Conflict Resolution patch provided in this guide since it seems to resolve quite a few conflicts with a sizable amount of mods. The only issue is that I'm pretty adamant about not using the "Improved Closefaced Helmets" mod.

I tried consulting the xEdit discord support channel and received help from a few admins there. The problem is I have no xEdit/modding experience of a sufficient level and as such do not know how to alter the records in order to remove that mod's master requirement safely. As I should probably not leave so many conflicts unresolved (between all the other mods but ICH) this pretty much halts my ability to play the game to a standstill and therefore I was hoping you could possibly let me know which references I should alter and how. I would very much appreciate that.

Nonetheless, thank you for publishing this guide, it has still been very helpful and enriched my knowledge about Skyrim modding significantly.

All you need to do is load the CR Patch in xEdit with all the mods required, then remove any records associated with ICH. Then right-click on the CR Patch and click "Clean Masters". I had most of the required mods still installed so I just did it for you: CR Patch without ICH

#1060 akali95

akali95

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 07:08 AM

All you need to do is load the CR Patch in xEdit with all the mods required, then remove any records associated with ICH. Then right-click on the CR Patch and click "Clean Masters". I had most of the required mods still installed so I just did it for you: CR Patch without ICH

Thank you very much, as I am still relatively new to modding, I was advised against altering a file without knowing exactly what I'm doing. As a comparison, I was given the example of getting rid of a turbo from the engine of a car using an axe and expect things to go smoothly. I intend however to learn a bit about xEdit in hopes that I could deal with these kinds of issues in the future. Thanks again.

#1061 akali95

akali95

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:18 PM

I'm sorry to trouble you again but building my load order I ran into another problem which I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting, which I was hoping you'd know how to, again regarding the CR patch but on a different matter.

I am aware that this is a much more complex issue than my previous one (also somewhat outside the scope of the guide) so I'm not expecting you to fix it for me. I was hoping though you could at least point me in the direction needed to fix the problem and that would hopefully suffice.

So I came across the "Legacy of the Dragonborn" mod which caught my eye but the issue with it is that it contains as a built-in mod the "Book Covers Skyrim" mod which is required in the patch as a master. With its original esp now gone the patch wouldn't have a master to refer to.

A similar issue came up when I thought of using the mod "Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul" by "kryptopyr" which contains the functions of "Harvest Overhaul Redone". Again making the original mod redundant and making the patch unable to refer to the correct master file (although in this case the functionality might be implemented differently).

Any and all ideas and tips regarding this matter would be appreciated.

#1062 akali95

akali95

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

UPDATE: With the help of xEdit support I was able to change the master of the CR Patch from "Book Covers Skyrim" to "Legacy of the Dragonborn".

I'm still not sure how to edit the patch for "Harvest Overhaul Redone" to work with "Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul" if it is indeed possible.

#1063 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:13 AM

UPDATE: With the help of xEdit support I was able to change the master of the CR Patch from "Book Covers Skyrim" to "Legacy of the Dragonborn".

I'm still not sure how to edit the patch for "Harvest Overhaul Redone" to work with "Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul" if it is indeed possible.

It's basically going to be the same process of removing records and cleaning the master, but then you'll likely needs some additional patching for CACO. Harvest Over Redone was included because at the time CACO was unleased for SE. It's patched for Flora Respawn Fix, however, CACO includes both these mods so neither will be needed if you use CACO.

#1064 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:13 AM

Theoretically, the same process you used to swap the masters in the first one should work with the second, if you can recall how it was done.

#1065 akali95

akali95

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:30 PM

Theoretically, the same process you used to swap the masters in the first one should work with the second, if you can recall how it was done.

I do remember how it was done, however there's a difference between the 2 since CACO contains different records than HOR whereas LotD and BCS contained identical records. So I'm not sure if the exact same process is due here as well.

It's basically going to be the same process of removing records and cleaning the master, but then you'll likely needs some additional patching for CACO. Harvest Over Redone was included because at the time CACO was unleased for SE. It's patched for Flora Respawn Fix, however, CACO includes both these mods so neither will be needed if you use CACO.

So as I'm seeing here in xEdit CACO contains different records and values from HOR. Some of CACO's records are identical to HOR, some are different and some are unique to CACO/HOR (no equivalent/blank record in the other mod). So let me get this straight - what I need to do is forward all the changes that are different from HOR (similar to the previous process) and those that are unique to CACO to the CR patch and remove those unique to HOR? This will eliminate the need for HOR and make sure all the necessary values from CACO are forwarded?

It sounds like it'll manage to switch masters but I'm not sure it'll serve the purpose of being a patch? (Meaning it might not work?) I'm not sure if my thought process is correct though.

Edited by akali95, 26 December 2018 - 01:31 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users