Skyrim SE

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide

• Please log in to reply
1055 replies to this topic

#1051 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:03 PM

Need some help here please. I'm trying Obsidian Weathers (after watching a weather mod comparison video) instead of Vivid Weathers. I'm not using the LW Patch as it requires Vivid as a "master". Still using Relighting Skyrim and ELE. My issue is that it's stupid bright in caves now..? Relighting Skyrim is higher in the mod list. ELE is way towards the bottom. Any ideas? Thanks.

ELE requires a lot of patching so you'll probably need to look at it in xEdit. Obsidian Weathers is what I'm looking at for the next version of the guide.

#1052 GraPhiXJuNkiE

GraPhiXJuNkiE

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

*OOF*

Okay. Yeah, I was watching a weather mod comparison and really liked Dolomite, NAT and Rustic. Obsidian uses the best parts of Dolomite and Rustic. Not sure about NAT.. Will probably try NAT and just Dolomite too. Thanks!

#1053 GraPhiXJuNkiE

GraPhiXJuNkiE

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Okay. So I exited the cave a while ago (2 hrs-ish) went into another cave now its normal..? Weird.. SO far Obsidian is beautiful. ::D:

#1054 NerevaRising

NerevaRising

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

I'm a little confused, the guide mentions the last update to be on august 14, but the changelog stops at January, furthermore there is a notice saying the guide is no longer maintained...

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I just want to know if I can use the current guide without mayor problems or am I better off waiting for v3?  

#1055 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

I'm a little confused, the guide mentions the last update to be on august 14, but the changelog stops at January, furthermore there is a notice saying the guide is no longer maintained...
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I just want to know if I can use the current guide without mayor problems or am I better off waiting for v3?

This version of the guide is no longer maintained due to me planning a release that coincides with the release of STEP v3; of which, I've nearly completed. However this will not be released until STEP v3 is released. This could be several more months, but we're making good progress.

I simply did not update the changelog. The last update to the guide's page was just some simple fixes, nothing major. You can view the page history, on the wiki, to see those changes.

To answer your final question, I'm honestly not sure how out-of-date this guide is. I'm sure there are some changes to mod installations and options that would need to be tweaked. The patches most likely need an update, as well.

The next release of this guide will be more well-rounded and will include more and newer mods as I adventure a bit further away from vanilla, while still maintaining solid gameplay.

#1056 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

The next release of this guide will be more well-rounded and will include more and newer mods as I adventure a bit further away from vanilla, while still maintaining solid gameplay.

*whispers* Join us on Lexy's Guide, Tech... you know you want to. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users