Skyrim SE

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide

• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#1066 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

I do remember how it was done, however there's a difference between the 2 since CACO contains different records than HOR whereas LotD and BCS contained identical records. So I'm not sure if the exact same process is due here as well.

So as I'm seeing here in xEdit CACO contains different records and values from HOR. Some of CACO's records are identical to HOR, some are different and some are unique to CACO/HOR (no equivalent/blank record in the other mod). So let me get this straight - what I need to do is forward all the changes that are different from HOR (similar to the previous process) and those that are unique to CACO to the CR patch and remove those unique to HOR? This will eliminate the need for HOR and make sure all the necessary values from CACO are forwarded?

It sounds like it'll manage to switch masters but I'm not sure it'll serve the purpose of being a patch? (Meaning it might not work?) I'm not sure if my thought process is correct though.

No, you med to remove all records in the CR patch that are also in HOR. Then clean masters on the CR patch. Then you can remove the HOR and Flora Respawn Fix mods. This is because CACO contains its own version of HOR.

#1067 akali95

akali95

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

No, you med to remove all records in the CR patch that are also in HOR. Then clean masters on the CR patch. Then you can remove the HOR and Flora Respawn Fix mods. This is because CACO contains its own version of HOR.

I see, so basically just remove the need for HOR but not make CACO a master in its stead. Which is unlike the case of BCS and LotD where I did switch between the masters.

I assume that is because making CACO a master in this case would require more knowledge of the mod itself since it does not contain the same records as HOR? I am not at all sure of what I said here in the last sentence, take it as my viewing of adding CACO to the patch or resolving conflicts.

Thank you very much for your help Tech, you have truly been of great assistance to me.

#1068 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

I see, so basically just remove the need for HOR but not make CACO a master in its stead. Which is unlike the case of BCS and LotD where I did switch between the masters.

Yes. You just want to take HOR out of the CR patch.

I assume that is because making CACO a master in this case would require more knowledge of the mod itself since it does not contain the same records as HOR? I am not at all sure of what I said here in the last sentence, take it as my viewing of adding CACO to the patch or resolving conflicts.

Thank you very much for your help Tech, you have truly been of great assistance to me.

Unless you're patching some records in CACO, you don't need to add it as a master. I'm sure there are some records that need to be patched, though, if you know how to do that.

You're welcome.

#1069 akali95

akali95

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:15 PM

So I've finally reached the end of the guide, executed everything as advised but there is one thing that just refuses to work. Everything seemed to set up correctly but when I go in-game the option to activate DynDOLOD is greyed out. I tried searching on the web for solutions to similar problems but I've only found 3 posts, 1 of which was almost 2 years ago and contained unhelpful information, while the other 2 date to before SSE's release date. I also tried watching GamerPoets's video on DynDOLOD in an attempt to visualize the process as well. I was so hopeful to finally begin my play-through after roughly a month of working on my load order and this is the only thing separating me from it right now. I also found it very difficult to find information offered by the docs that is relevant to my problem. (I'm sorry if I might come off as unpleasant in this comment, I'm just really frustrated from trying to troubleshoot this problem for so long).

I was therefore hoping you might be able to help me in this final predicament. (Everything else seems to be in perfect working order).

#1070 akali95

akali95

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:32 PM

After testing for hours what might be the problem, I managed to activate the mod in-game. Apparently it was because I wasn't using the 64 versions of DynDOLOD and/or TexGen. If that could indeed be the issue, specifying the usage of DynDOLOD's 64 version would probably be a good idea.

#1071 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but why should Tech have to specify using a 64-bit application for a 64-bit game? Should this not go without saying? If there are two versions of the program (which there is), and one of them explicitly says it's the 64-bit version, and the game is a 64-bit game, does it not make intrinsic sense to use that instead of the 32-bit?

#1072 crunkler

crunkler

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

Hi TechAngel85. Sorry for asking, but how long to wait for Guide v3 ? I thinking start to build my Skyrim now or later.

#1073 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

Hi TechAngel85. Sorry for asking, but how long to wait for Guide v3 ? I thinking start to build my Skyrim now or later.

Take a look at the STEP V3 January update that was posted yesterday - I think you'll find the answer you're looking for there.

#1074 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

I haven't created my mod list on Mod Picker for the new Pack, yet. However, I will start doing that work very soon. I really need to get the next version pinned down, though. Once it's complete, and I have a patch made, I will post it exclusively here for anyone who wishes to tackle it without any documentation nor support. I might answer a question here and there about it or to help out, but don't expect me to walk you through setting it up right now. I have too much to do!  ^_^

#1075 crunkler

crunkler

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

Some names have become in English after modding. How can I get them back?

#1076 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:03 AM

Honestly? Remove the mods. Unless there is a version in whatever language you normally use, it's likely an overwrite from one of the installed mods and will appear in English. It's possible, if there is a localized version available, that you could replace the original versions with localized ones on a one-for-one basis, but as Tech noted, this guide isn't being actively supported at the moment, so you're kind of on your own for that kind of change.

#1077 crunkler

crunkler

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

In part, I was able to return the native localization using xTranslator. but most of the names of locations at the entrance (Helgen's keep for example) are still in English. Maybe you know what mod changes this.

#1078 TorNyan

TorNyan

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Have you seen this mod?

SSE Engine Fixes (skse64 plugin)

"A WIP skse64 plugin for Skyrim Special Edition to fix issues with the game engine. Includes ports of meh321's bug fixes LE."

By the way, why can I not pick Skyrim SE as a topic prefix when posting a new topic in the Mods subforum?

#1079 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

In part, I was able to return the native localization using xTranslator. but most of the names of locations at the entrance (Helgen's keep for example) are still in English. Maybe you know what mod changes this.

There's no way of knowing from here, is the short answer. ANY mod that affects the names of places could be doing it - remember, it's just an overwrite. My best advice would be to note which areas are doing this, load up your LO in xEDIT, and pull up those cells to see what mods are altering them. Should be fairly simple to create a patch for this by forwarding the records that have the non-English names, then having that patch load last.

Keep in mind though, this is just a guess - I'm a native English speaker, so this isn't a problem I have ever had to deal with. Actually, it would be very odd for my game to suddenly be showing me names in, say, Russian... though I could at least read that, sort of.

#1080 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

Have you seen this mod?

SSE Engine Fixes (skse64 plugin)

"A WIP skse64 plugin for Skyrim Special Edition to fix issues with the game engine. Includes ports of meh321's bug fixes LE."

Yes, that mod will be included in the SE Core Guide.

By the way, why can I not pick Skyrim SE as a topic prefix when posting a new topic in the Mods subforum?

Sorry about that. Permissions weren't set correctly. It's fixed now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users