Skyrim SE

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide

• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#1081 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,626 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:42 AM

v3.0 Progress Update...

I just wanted to give you all a bit of an update as to where I am with the next version of this guide.

For the most part, the guide is finished. The patches are made and it loads up in the game just fine. However, there are a few gaps in the guide's coverage that I'd like to address.

Most recently, I've been looking at the character overhaul gap. I have several mods that address random things, mostly rolled over from the STEP:SE Core Guide. What it was lacking was any mods addressing the NPCs bodies. So I dove into Nexus to see what was available. I quickly discovered 'Total Character Makeover'. After checking it out, it was perfect! Even for STEP inclusion. It had a lot of the old mods STEP used at one point already included and packaged up! I got excited! However, after running around for a while looking at NPCs, one thing was obvious...neck seams. I had read that there might be some seams, but I wasn't expecting them to be as common as they were. Some NPCs looked great, but others with certain skin tones and/or face tints would have seams. I don't envy the author! I know how hard those seams are to get rid of. The textures and normals have to to be perfect and doing that is a real task.

So Total Character Makeover wasn't going to work. I knew some of the most I needed to include, however finding the right textures to fit over these mods will be the real chore. The one thing I don't like doing is replacing the bodies with meshes that also require new armors and clothing to fit the new meshes. No, if it's included in this Pack, it has to be vanilla compatible. For the males, this is an easy choice; Better Males. Currently SkySight Skins in installed for that. I'm noticing a seam with just this mod installed, though, so I'm not settled on it just yet. You can even see the seam in the author's shots on Nexus. Most noticeable on the paler skin. There's a texture difference at the neck seam so it's standing out. SkySight also isn't including any meshes other than feet. I'm going to re-test 'Tempered Skins' and will likely be sticking with it.

Females is the challenge because there aren't any good body meshes out there that are fully compatible with vanilla. SparrowPrince fixed some issues with the vanilla body, but that mesh is not fully compatible with FemFeet. FemFeet is a must for me, so I found 'FemFeet Redesigned SSE'. That's in the mod list for now. The next bit is finding textures that work. Currently, I have Mature Skin installed and it looks good, but its not exactly my tastes. However, I have yet to test out how it's looking with FemFeet installed...because I'm having to use the vanilla version to eliminate the neck seams. I will also likely test out 'Tempered Skins for Females' (UNP version) to see out it maps to the body and feet.

And....that's where I am right now. Final decisions have not been made yet. Testing is still taking place.  ^_^

Once all this is nailed down I may look at a few extra texture mods and then it'll be on to a real test run. Once I feel the test run is free of any major and most minor issues, I'll get the mod list up on Mod Picker and share it here.

#1082 tregolani

tregolani

Prisoner

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

This is awesome - i was just thinking how I want to boot Skyrim back up and mod the heck out of it, but always felt lost trying to pick out the hundreds of mods needed to make everything look great, and here's Tech with an almost-complete version of STEP for Skyrim SE!

Any ETA as to when you'll be ready to release that ModPicker list? 

#1083 Rey_Vegeta

Rey_Vegeta

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:26 PM

About the females issues that you are encountering. What about this mod?

https://www.nexusmod...tab=description

Vanilla body with femfeet and outfits meshes whithout peeking niples.

#1084 kranazoli

kranazoli

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:03 AM

v3.0 Progress Update...

I just wanted to give you all a bit of an update as to where I am with the next version of this guide.

Hi Angel,

Is there anywhere, where we can see v3.0 "under construction version"?

And, I'd like to ask, at v2, RWT2 section, why these files are hidden?

• meshes\effects\fxcreekflatlarge.nif
  • meshes\effects\fxcreekflatlong01.nif
  • meshes\effects\fxrapidsrocks01.nif

And the same question about DynDOLOD:

• meshes\lod\mountains\unique\solituderockarch01_lod_0.nif
  • meshes\lod\mountains\unique\solituderockarch02_lod_0.nif
  • textures\lod\snow01lod.dds
  • textures\lod\snow01lod_n.dds

Thank You!

Edited by kranazoli, 24 February 2019 - 12:06 AM.

#1085 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,626 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:49 AM

Hi Angel,

Is there anywhere, where we can see v3.0 "under construction version"?

And, I'd like to ask, at v2, RWT2 section, why these files are hidden?

• meshes\effects\fxcreekflatlarge.nif
  • meshes\effects\fxcreekflatlong01.nif
  • meshes\effects\fxrapidsrocks01.nif
And the same question about DynDOLOD:
  • meshes\lod\mountains\unique\solituderockarch01_lod_0.nif
  • meshes\lod\mountains\unique\solituderockarch02_lod_0.nif
  • textures\lod\snow01lod.dds
  • textures\lod\snow01lod_n.dds
Thank You!
The Guide is only on my system atm. I haven't gotten it up on mod picker yet.

As for the files, they all conflict with mods that are above them and we want those files from those mods, therefore we are hiding the files so the correct assets are loaded.

#1086 kranazoli

kranazoli

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:30 AM

The Guide is only on my system atm. I haven't gotten it up on mod picker yet.

As for the files, they all conflict with mods that are above them and we want those dikes from those mods, therefore we are hiding the files so the correct assets are loaded.

Ok. Thanks! I see!

#1087 kranazoli

kranazoli

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:41 AM

Hi Angel,

Nowdays, I am "dealing with LOD Generator".

I had a lot of discussionwith Sheson at xLODGEN and DynDOLOD topic.

Honestly, from OldrimI have never used nothing else, just DynDOLOD.

I see at your Guide I do not found xLODGEN, "just" DynDOLOD?

I am really curious about, why don't you use xLODGEN?

1.) According to xLODGEN topic 1st post, and Sheson - DynDOLOD does nor generate Terrain LOD.

2.) Also, not your Guide is 1st where I found that:

1. Change the LOD Texture Size to [512].
  2. Change Diffuse Alpha to [BC3 (DXT5)].

Sheson told, that he or she (I don't know) :) does not recommend changing TexGen Default Settings.

I know, this Guide is old, but found odd...

After I compared some Guide for LE and SSE, as well.

For instance also do not understand why Neovalen Skyrim LE Guide does not include TES5LODGen, as a LOD Generator, also just DynDOLOD.

You are all more expert than me.

I do not want, and can't decide whose knowledge is better, and something like that!

This is just something I found strange, odd, interesting (xLODGEN and/or DynDOLOD) and curious about Guide Author's opinion...

Thanks!

#1088 DarkladyLexy

DarkladyLexy

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:58 AM

@ kranazoli

These are the setting is used for my LOTD Guide https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE:

Make sure TexGen64.exe has been added as an executable in Mod Organizer 2.
Run TexGen64 using Mod Organizer 2.
In the popup window Select where you want the TexGen Output to go (For the purpose of the guide I recommend selecting the Mod Organizer 2 Mods Folder).
In the popup window change LOD Texture Size to [512].
Click Start and allow TexGen to Run.
Once the execution has completed, select [Exit] to close the window.
Navigate to the TexGen Output directory <Mod Organizer 2 path\mods\TexGen Output> and activate it.

#1089 kranazoli

kranazoli

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:00 PM

@ kranazoli

These are the setting is used for my LOTD Guide https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE:

Make sure TexGen64.exe has been added as an executable in Mod Organizer 2.
Run TexGen64 using Mod Organizer 2.
In the popup window Select where you want the TexGen Output to go (For the purpose of the guide I recommend selecting the Mod Organizer 2 Mods Folder).
In the popup window change LOD Texture Size to [512].
Click Start and allow TexGen to Run.
Once the execution has completed, select [Exit] to close the window.
Navigate to the TexGen Output directory <Mod Organizer 2 path\mods\TexGen Output> and activate it.

Hi Lexy,

Of course I know your Guide, as well.

I just simple found odd, why Angel didn't use xLODGEN, "just" DynDOLOD.

And, for me, what is far more odd, I had seen several LE Guide (I used STEP Guide, from the beginning, years ago...). I did this, cause I guess several, maybe majority of playerstill use Oldrim Skyrim insted of SSE, for instance, most advanced ENB. And I didn't see TES5LODGen, not xLODGEN, just DynDOLOD.

But, I guess, that esmplugin is for Oldrim version: TES5-Terrain-Tamriel.esm

I do use your Guide, and others, as well: Nordic one, TUCOGUIDE and The Phonix Flavour, and some minor ones, combined my personal custom mods...

But, really Thank You, for your response!

#1090 Shad73

Shad73

Prisoner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

I love this guide, but are there anymore updates on the next version?

#1091 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:53 AM

Until STEP 3.0 hits, I wouldn't expect any updates on Tech's guide.

#1092 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,626 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:34 PM

I love this guide, but are there anymore updates on the next version?

The next version of this guide is more or less put together on my own system. It's been converted into a Pack for STEP v3.0.

#1093 MonkadelicD

MonkadelicD

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 12:30 PM

Has anyone setup this guide recently? I'm just setting up a fresh install of Skyrim and I don't have a lot of modding experience.

There are three mods that are either gone or hidden on Nexus:

1. HQ College of Winterhold - deleted on Nexus and I can't find anyone who has a mod archive to download. I am assuming that omitting this mod shouldn't cause any trouble.

2. Vanilla Vegetation Overhaul - hidden on Nexus but I found someone that uploaded it.

3. Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover - hidden on Nexus but I found someone that uploaded it.

Lightning During Storms Sse (Minty lightning) has apparently changed the .esp from lightningduringstorm.esp to mintylightningmod.esp. This causes an issue with the weather patch having a missing master.

How can I correct this? Currently I have changed the name of the .esp file to lightningduringstorm.esp. Will that work or is there more that needs to be done? Do I need to correct the name of the .esp in the weather patch?

Whatever needs to be done to get Mintys Lightning mod working, I just need the basic info that I can use to find a guide to perform the task. I'm sure GamerPoets has a video covering the topic.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

#1094 Greg

Greg

Dragon Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:56 PM

@TechAngel85 is busy working on the new site and won't release updates to this guide until after the site upgrade is complete.

#1095 MonkadelicD

MonkadelicD

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

I wasn't asking for an update to the guide. I know he's busy working on v3 S.T.E.P. stuff. I feel like users of the guide can at least post in this thread when something is broken or not working as expected in the current iteration until v3 is released.

I was hoping for some help with the Minty Lightning mod. I don't expect TechAngel85 to be the only person that can help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users