1127 replies to this topic

#1096 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

Has anyone setup this guide recently? I'm just setting up a fresh install of Skyrim and I don't have a lot of modding experience.

There are three mods that are either gone or hidden on Nexus:

1. HQ College of Winterhold - deleted on Nexus and I can't find anyone who has a mod archive to download. I am assuming that omitting this mod shouldn't cause any trouble.

2. Vanilla Vegetation Overhaul - hidden on Nexus but I found someone that uploaded it.

3. Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover - hidden on Nexus but I found someone that uploaded it.

Lightning During Storms Sse (Minty lightning) has apparently changed the .esp from lightningduringstorm.esp to mintylightningmod.esp. This causes an issue with the weather patch having a missing master.

How can I correct this? Currently I have changed the name of the .esp file to lightningduringstorm.esp. Will that work or is there more that needs to be done? Do I need to correct the name of the .esp in the weather patch?

Whatever needs to be done to get Mintys Lightning mod working, I just need the basic info that I can use to find a guide to perform the task. I'm sure GamerPoets has a video covering the topic.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

I wasn't asking for an update to the guide. I know he's busy working on v3 S.T.E.P. stuff. I feel like users of the guide can at least post in this thread when something is broken or not working as expected in the current iteration until v3 is released.

I was hoping for some help with the Minty Lightning mod. I don't expect TechAngel85 to be the only person that can help.

Renaming it will work - you are actually the reverse of the situation that prompted the author to rename. It was the mintylightningmod name originally, then changed to lightningduringstorm, which messed up a bunch of other people patches for the mod, so he changed it back. Tech made this change to his guide before the reversion to the original name.

As to the second, please understand that he was responding more to the first part of your first post, where you listed mods that were no longer available... which can (and was) interpreted as a request for the guide to be updated to reflect these unavailabilities.

Edited by Shadriss, 05 April 2019 - 11:53 AM.

#1097 MonkadelicD

MonkadelicD

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:14 PM

I did just rename and it seems to be working fine.

Sorry if my response seemed acute. I forget that it can't be assumed that people have read a thread before making a post. I do read the whole thread before posting and I was hoping for a response to my issue rather than a response telling me what I already knew.

I hope I didn't offend, as I didn't intend to.

Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

#1098 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

Here to support - I tend to read the entire thing, as you do. Just keep in mind that even those of us who do sometimes get sidetracked on only part of a question. :)

#1099 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

Update

Just a bit of a tease really, but I have the new mod list up on Mod Picker now. Don't go searching for it, though, it's still set to private for the time being.
I may seek out some testers once I have it more set up. Only experienced users will be accepted, though, because the Guide part of it will not be available; users will only have the mod list to go by.

#1100 Luisangre

Luisangre

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:21 AM

Welp time to bruteforce Tech's mod picker account to see that mod list :]

I will gladly test it out when its ready, amigo.

#1101 Fenris95

Fenris95

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:58 PM

Brilliant guide tech, and cheers for the updates to my FO4 guide.

#1102 Omniscently

Omniscently

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:53 PM

In need of assistance. I cannot get the game to run at 1440p, i ran the game before installing bethINI, i have every (relevant) .ini I could find with display settings set to a 1440p resolution but no joy. Cant figure it out, after many hours over the past 4-5 days of searching the forum and reddit posts and some uninspired google searches, no luck. Any ideas fellow nerds?

#1103 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:14 AM

There's a new thing that's cropped up recently with MO2 (if you use it) that may be relevant - the skyrimprefscustom.ini (or something to that effect). I believe the intention of this was to be able to leave the base file alone and to put all the changes that were profile specific in there. Check to see if you have this file... if you do do not delete it, just open it and delete all the info in it (IE, a blank text file). This will allow all your changes to the base INI files to go through, and may solve this problem.

#1104 Omniscently

Omniscently

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:29 PM

There's a new thing that's cropped up recently with MO2 (if you use it) that may be relevant - the skyrimprefscustom.ini (or something to that effect). I believe the intention of this was to be able to leave the base file alone and to put all the changes that were profile specific in there. Check to see if you have this file... if you do do not delete it, just open it and delete all the info in it (IE, a blank text file). This will allow all your changes to the base INI files to go through, and may solve this problem.

Great idea, was super excited to try this when I got home. Unfortunately still the same. :/

One thing I did notice, some of the settings in BethINI reset to default, but only some of the ones I have changed, makes no sense. Particles, resolution, and mouse/cursor settings stay where i put them, but grass setting, lens flare, encumbered warning all reset to default. 

#1105 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:39 PM

OK, lets go back to basics then. Are you sure you have BethINI pointing to the correct set of INIs? 

#1106 Omniscently

Omniscently

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

OK, lets go back to basics then. Are you sure you have BethINI pointing to the correct set of INIs? 

Pretty sure. I have done multiple paths just in case.  Game path and MO are correct obv. I have had the INI path set to both the skyrim folder and my save data folder. I'm not actually certain which it should be facepalm.

#1107 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:46 AM

If you are using MO, then it needs to be pointing to the MO Profile INIs... which are in one of two different places depending on how you are using MO. If it's a PORTABLE install, which it should be, then there is a folder inside your MO2 folder called profiles. Point BethINI there (to the INI folders in the subfolder with your profile name in it), if it isn't there already. If you are using an INSTANCE install, then it's a bit more buried to find the profiles folder. I'm not at my own computer, so I can't give you a 'for certain' direction, but I can say it's under .../users/[USERNAME]/AppData/Roaming/... somewhere.

If you are already pointing at the appropriate place, then we'll figure out where to go from there.

#1108 DreamerSteamer

DreamerSteamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:20 PM

Regarding sound mods, will you stick with ISC or switch to AOS since it is also part of the current STEP guide 2.10?

#1109 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

Regarding sound mods, will you stick with ISC or switch to AOS since it is also part of the current STEP guide 2.10?

I dropped ISC. There's just too many conflicts to mess with it, imo. AOS is in 100%.

#1110 chromzepher

chromzepher

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:43 AM

So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but after applying the Bashed patch, I sort in LOOT and it disables almost all of the plugins in MO2 forcing me to either re-enable them individually or just enable all and hope for the best (which actually has been working okay, only 1 crash). Any idea how to fix it?

Also I've noticed that the shadows on objects aren't rendering beyond a few meters, making everything much brighter than it should be. I'm a novice to modding and have no clue how to fix that. Would it be more worth while just waiting for V3 of Tech's or is that not close to completion?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users