1127 replies to this topic

#1111 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:38 PM

If you are using a version of WB that still merges mods, then WB turning off mods after creating the Bashed Patch is normal and expected. You should not be turning them back on.

As to the second, there's a LOT more information likely needed... ENB or not? Lighting Mods used or excluded, etc...

#1112 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:58 PM

So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but after applying the Bashed patch, I sort in LOOT and it disables almost all of the plugins in MO2 forcing me to either re-enable them individually or just enable all and hope for the best (which actually has been working okay, only 1 crash). Any idea how to fix it?

It's shouldn't be disabling nearly all the mods. If you're merging mods, then it will disable those mods that it merges and they should remained disabled. You can view the list of mods it's merging on the "merged" selection before building your patch.

I'm not going to be recommending users merge any mods with v3. All WB will be used for is merging the leveled lists and including a few tweaks.

Also I've noticed that the shadows on objects aren't rendering beyond a few meters, making everything much brighter than it should be. I'm a novice to modding and have no clue how to fix that. Would it be more worth while just waiting for V3 of Tech's or is that not close to completion?

Ensure you have BethINI running correctly and on the correct profile in MO2. Simply selecting the Medium or High setting button with the "Recommended Tweaks" checkbox should fix all the shadow issues in the game.

Version 3 is completed (mostly, I'm still tweaking and adding to it as time passes). However, it will not be released until STEP 3.0 is released because it uses Mod Picker to manage the mod list, which will not be available until the new STEP website is launched. No ETA. We're still chiseling away at it....hopefully it'll only be a few more months, but the way development is going (slow due to time restraints) it'll likely be late Fall.

#1113 chromzepher

chromzepher

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:46 PM

It's shouldn't be disabling nearly all the mods. If you're merging mods, then it will disable those mods that it merges and they should remained disabled. You can view the list of mods it's merging on the "merged" selection before building your patch.

I tried rebuilding the patch but it still resulting in loot disabling more mods than the ones it should be merging. I'm not going to fiddle with it more for now as it's working fine at the moment and I don't think I'll be adding more mods to it. Glad to hear there won't be merged mods in v3 since I had a lot of trouble with wrye bash from it not installing to it hanging in MO and now this. It's a powerful program but a bit much for the amateur

Ensure you have BethINI running correctly and on the correct profile in MO2. Simply selecting the Medium or High setting button with the "Recommended Tweaks" checkbox should fix all the shadow issues in the game.

I reran Bethini and re-selected the profile used in MO2 and that seems to have fixed the shadows. Maybe something didn't take the first time around.

Looking forward to v3 when that drops.

#1114 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:53 AM

LOOT shouldn't disable anything... in fact, you appear to be doing things out of order. LOOT sort, THEN Bashed Patch, then don't move anything. The only thing that should be coming after Bashed Patch runs are xLODGen and DynDOLOD (if you are using them). LOOT shouldn't be run after you start those patching processes.

#1115 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

Just a heads up...

Users will no longer be able to try to follow this Guide. I'm currently in the process of porting the Guide to our new CMS. I'm using the current version on the wiki as reference while doing this and removing sections from the wiki as I get them ported over. Since I'm not able to sit down and complete this work all at once, this is the process I'm using to keep track of my progress. Therefore, the wiki version is official dead at this point. I encourage users to view this as a good sign that the date is getting closer for the new version's release!

#1116 dragon84

dragon84

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:25 AM

Can't wait for the new guide, there's so many new stuff since the guide was released, SSE engine fixes, MO works perfectly, more textures, better weather and lighting (elfx and ele fixes) etc

Edited by dragon84, 30 July 2019 - 08:30 AM.

#1117 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:52 PM

Can't wait for the new guide, there's so many new stuff since the guide was released, SSE engine fixes, MO works perfectly, more textures, better weather and lighting (elfx and ele fixes) etc

Yep, the new guide is much more rounded and I'll go ahead and say that I've dropped Vivid Weathers for Cathedral Seasons and Weathers.

#1118 Nickd1291

Nickd1291

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:29 AM

Looking forward to v3. Any ETA on that? I'm hoping to get your v3 settled before the launch of v5 of LotD.

#1119 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:06 PM

I'm going to say that that's possible, but unlikely. As far as I'm aware, LOTD5 is supposed to hit around late September (though that date is still tentative, and a lot can still happen to delay it, considering IceCreamAssassin has some health problems going), and my limited knowledge of the status of STEP 3.0 leads me to think that might take a bit longer than that. 

#1120 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

Looking forward to v3. Any ETA on that? I'm hoping to get your v3 settled before the launch of v5 of LotD.

It's won't be out until STEP 3.0 is out. It'll likely be this fall sometime....hopefully.

#1121 rsdbhamre

rsdbhamre

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:57 AM

Damn, STEP 3 ETA keeps getting stretched :(

#1122 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

"Tech"nical difficulties. ;)

#1123 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

Damn, STEP 3 ETA keeps getting stretched :(

Development takes time and when it's on free-time, the time is sparse. The development for the closed beta group is done, as of one or two days ago. Just waiting on Z to hash out any remaining things to get that group in.

#1124 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

Wha? No smarmy comment on my horrible pun, Tech? I feel so disappointed in you. That said, good to hear on the closed beta side - I hadn't heard it was ready in the Discord yet.

#1125 TheStrictNein

TheStrictNein

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:54 PM

Hello,

I see in the main STEP V3 announcement that the new main STEP guide will replace any LE mod that required the user to manually port over to SE with the closest they can find in SE or drop it altogether.

Will your guide follow suit, dropping mods such as the Book of Silence? If so, it'd be great if along with your V3 launch for this guide you could include a list of all the mods you dropped. If not, then I look forward to seeing the new version of your guide :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users