Dread's SSE Packs

Will you add a follower's mod like AFT or something? It definitely helps with HLE. Enemies change of target and face stronger opposition quicker (I don't think dogs are good opponents to say the least - merely sparring partners).

And about my experience, I've been playing HLE since very very long with Duel Combat, up to level 50/60. I know that around level 40 it starts becoming tough, no matter what perks you have. Yeah, ok I admit I usually play expert, not adept. At other levels, you feel the extra difficulty from the very beginning so, except if you're masochistic and like having to spend half an hour to kill a mere bandit after having died five times, you usually lower the difficulty. And quickly ^_^

My best experience was with SkyRe which kept me hooked up to level 85, point where it became a bit too easy. But I know it's out of the scope  :;):  and I personally prefer to stick to vanilla today, so that's fine with me.

Adept is most of the times the "fair" difficulty level, where the player and the enemies deal an equal amount of damage. I play with Inigo as a follower. He has his own follower framework and mods like AFT doesn't do much, if anything (?), when using him as a follower. I might add AFT or EFF, I'll take a closer look at them to see what works in SSE.

You just added all the mods I kinda wanted to add to Techs guide for myself.  

Thank you for making my load order saner.

You're welcome ::):

Inigo won't help much when you'll face more than 3 enemies at higher levels, trust me. That's why I tried to find a followers mod like AFT or EFF. I currently play SMF, which is the simplest I found (I only want to have 1-4 non dog followers with me, no other any feature). But I'm not sure it's bug free. When playing HLE and Duel Combat and when outnumbered it becomes quickly quite hard when you're only 2 plus eventually a dog. Vampires are by far the hardest to cope with, definitely. In my current play (level 23), they sometimes attack in a party of 6: 2 masters, 2 slaves and 2 dogs. Expert difficulty. Don't know if it's matter of one of the other mods I use or HLE only (I use the scaling version and no vampire mod). Even if this seems to happen only in towns/villages where guards can help it's almost impossible to face when you're alone or with a single huscarl. Except if you have tons of health potions. In comparison, dragons are easy: a shelter, some arrows and you're fine! Not enough against vampires. Ok, once again, I've mainly played expert or master difficulty in a modded Skyrim. But I'm afraid adept difficulty will only postpone HLE utter challenge a bit.

By the way, if you can advise me a very good simple mod which enables the player to have 1-4 followers at the same time on classic Skyrim or SSE, please don't hesitate!  ::):

Edited by Cyklope78

By the way, if you can advise me a very good simple mod which enables the player to have 1-4 followers at the same time on classic Skyrim or SSE, please don't hesitate!  ::):

I've used this in the past, an old steam mod. It works as intended, but the spell that teleports followers doesn't work for me:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=87578317

some every nice packs here Dreadflopp I was wonder have you by any chace seen Paul and JD's list of mods some nice futhur pavcks addtions would be Arthmoors Villages and ECTV.

Thanks [emoji4] yes I've seen it. I actually use most of arthmoors villages, all except whistling mine which may be incompatible with ICAIO. I also use JK's whiterun and riverwood. ETAC isn't officially ported to SSE. I'm waiting for REGS to develop a bit to get hints on city/village mods that work well with ICAIO.

Thanks [emoji4] yes I've seen it. I actually use most of arthmoors villages, all except whistling mine which may be incompatible with ICAIO. I also use JK's whiterun and riverwood. ETAC isn't officially ported to SSE. I'm waiting for REGS to develop a bit to get hints on city/village mods that work well with ICAIO.

ah right i didn't realized ETAC hadn't been offically ported i know they did a bit of there own personal porting. I haven't much time to time proper look at SSE really maybe I will when when his lordship gets the PC back up and running.

Spelling is very off tonight.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

I'm pretty sure ETAC is incompatible with ICAIO. I personally prefer better NPCs over City overhauls. Tech also says he prefers a vanilla Skyrim experience so I do not see him taking out ICAIO (but who knows what the future holds for his guide).

ah right i didn't realized ETAC hadn't been offically ported i know they did a bit of there own personal porting. I haven't much time to time proper look at SSE really maybe I will when when his lordship gets the PC back up and running.

Spelling is very off tonight.

I would have a hard time getting back to oldrim now that I started modding SSE. The lighting and colours are much better imo, I don't even use an ENB. Not having to use an ENB to make the game look good and to fix memory issues is a huge improvement, both to fps and to game stability. I miss some mods due to the lack of a script extender but it's mostly fine. Loot and degradation is the mod I miss the most.

I'm pretty sure ETAC is incompatible with ICAIO. I personally prefer better NPCs over City overhauls. Tech also says he prefers a vanilla Skyrim experience so I do not see him taking out ICAIO (but who knows what the future holds for his guide).

It is incompatible and will probably always be. I can live without it ETAC. Tech will most likely continue to use ICAIO, but if I would have decided to remove it it wouldn't be a problem. I could fix a patch without dependency on ICAIO. That said, I've decided to keep it and will watch the development of REGS to see what Kelmych decides to use.

I would have a hard time getting back to oldrim now that I started modding SSE. The lighting and colours are much better imo, I don't even use an ENB. Not having to use an ENB to make the game look good and to fix memory issues is a huge improvement, both to fps and to game stability.

Really?  :confusion: 

When I installed SSE when it came out last year, I noticed awful shadows and red/yellow effects like if an ENB was already included. Not mentioning the innumerable clipping objects here and there. I played only for one hour and had more than enough  :crying:  Even 2011 Skyrim gave me the impression to be better! From then, I uninstalled it and decided to wait for the modders community to bring us our good modded Skyrim back to SSE but I'm really not sure it has made up yet.

Any nice screenshot somewhere to look at, so as to convince me?  ::D: 

Yeah, I've seen them already. They're great, but you're cheating... he's telling he's not using any ENB  :bleh:

Here you go, some quick screenshots, first of each pair is with The Truth ENB, the second of each pair is without any ENB. Yes, most of the times it looks better with the ENB but not so much that it's worth it.

I have several posted throughout my guide: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:TechAngel85/SSE_Guide

All shots where taken directly from the results of installing the guide. No Photoshop touch-ups. Shots where with The Truth ENB.

That is some beautiful screenshots you got there.

We're talking here about a modded classic Skyrim difference with a modded SSE...  :;): 

Without ENB, to be honest, I don't see any difference with modded classic Skyrim. With an ENB, the main difference I can notice is about shadows, fogs, smokes, ... this kind of things, since we can't really add too many of them because of 3.2Gb limit (or only with 'screenshooting' purpose in mind). I use Vivid ENB in classic Skyrim, so maybe I'll change for the Truth ENB, to see if those effects are better with this one while not hindering fps vs. Vivid, which I don't know. If the Truth ENB exist for classic, which I've to check.

If I change to SSE, it'll only be because of 3.2Gb limit reasons. It would then offer me an absolutely enhanced gameplay (if I can mod it correctly while avoiding conflicts) and some negligeable, if any, graphic enhancement as well. I definitely won't change because of better graphics, really. There's no real difference, in my opinion.