Dread's SSE Packs

We're talking here about a modded classic Skyrim difference with a modded SSE...  :;):

Without ENB, to be honest, I don't see any difference with modded classic Skyrim. With an ENB, the main difference I can notice is about shadows, fogs, smokes, ... this kind of things, since we can't really add too many of them because of 3.2Gb limit (or only with 'screenshooting' purpose in mind). I use Vivid ENB in classic Skyrim, so maybe I'll change for the Truth ENB, to see if those effects are better with this one while not hindering fps vs. Vivid, which I don't know. If the Truth ENB exist for classic, which I've to check.

If I change to SSE, it'll only be because of 3.2Gb limit reasons. It would then offer me an absolutely enhanced gameplay (if I can mod it correctly while avoiding conflicts) and some negligeable, if any, graphic enhancement as well. I definitely won't change because of better graphics, really. There's no real difference, in my opinion.

I forgot to send you the screens :)

https://https://mega.nz/#!IORmzTQJ!AlvohwSxob55gbJA1ntZGLS4N8gvHBDag_ctdWZRaco

Link doesn't seem to work, yet  ::):

Some of my pics in classic Skyrim:

​no ENB:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwre9m2rvnxjcuh/Skyrim%20no%20ENB.PNG?dl=0
Vivid ENB:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry0vo3fn8syloxt/Skyrim%20ENB.PNG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1qqntb4mi5hv54/Skyrim%20ENB%203.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44wlb7g3p8j1utz/Skyrim%20ENB%202.PNG?dl=0

Quality is already very high, don't think I can't expect much more in SSE, except fogs, smoke, ...

Definitely, with the Truth ENB it's better. But difference with my modded Skyrim I hardly notice, tbh  :drool: .

No, there's one ok, but come on, it's really slim. Forests are a bit more detailed. Maybe I don't use SFO's best option. I'll give a try to the Truth ENB though.

And thanks again!  :thumbsup: 

Just wondering, is there an SSE alternative to trade and barter? The CK always messes with my skyrim folder, if possible I would like to not install it just to convert a small mod.

I also noticed that the guide is missing a mod for potions, I would like to recommend Skyrim Alchemy Fixed. It has a patch for Ordinator and Summermyst, so it should be compatible.

Speaking of Summermyst, it renders Animated Weapons Enchant redundant (according to the mod author compatibility list) so maybe add a note to uninstall it if using Summermyst.

Edited by Lonewolf

Thanks [emoji4] yes I've seen it. I actually use most of arthmoors villages, all except whistling mine which may be incompatible with ICAIO. I also use JK's whiterun and riverwood. ETAC isn't officially ported to SSE. I'm waiting for REGS to develop a bit to get hints on city/village mods that work well with ICAIO.

The updated REGS removes mods for a few locations where ICAIO has extensive scripting, but most of the ETaC locations are intact. The "basic" scripting level in the current ICAIO is supposed to be compatible with almost everything, and currently most locations still have "basic" level scripting. Whistling Mine is an issue for discussion since it has full ICAIO scripting, but there is very little content in the vanilla Whistling Mine. Arthmoor's Whistling Mine is supposed to be ICAIO compatible (based on the ICAIO compatibility page), but I don't know what this means since the mod includes a lot of scripting for the NPCs and adds some buildings.

I'll wait for some more feedback on HLE. Are you playing on adept difficulty? Most combat mods are balanced around adept difficulty. I saw the post on the HLE nexus page about too powerful enemies at higher levels, but there is mostly positive feedback. How you build your character, what magic items you use and your playstyle can greatly effect how difficult the game is. Capping at level 60 just to be able to use HLE doesn't sound very fun. Better to not use HLE maybe?

I've finally decided to moderate HLE, modifying its Hardcore optional. Seems pretty easy, only needs in-game testing to fine tune and find a good balance. It needs time  ^_^

Edited by Cyklope78

Definitely, with the Truth ENB it's better. But difference with my modded Skyrim I hardly notice, tbh  :drool: .

No, there's one ok, but come on, it's really slim. Forests are a bit more detailed. Maybe I don't use SFO's best option. I'll give a try to the Truth ENB though.

And thanks again!  :thumbsup:

It is better with The Truth ENB, but not always. If it is worth the performance loss (if any) is up to the user I guess. If the pc can handle it, why not.

Just wondering, is there an SSE alternative to trade and barter? The CK always messes with my skyrim folder, if possible I would like to not install it just to convert a small mod.

I also noticed that the guide is missing a mod for potions, I would like to recommend Skyrim Alchemy Fixed. It has a patch for Ordinator and Summermyst, so it should be compatible.

Speaking of Summermyst, it renders Animated Weapons Enchant redundant (according to the mod author compatibility list) so maybe add a note to uninstall it if using Summermyst.

That looks interesting, I will try it today. I'll check if so that none of the patches has AWE as a master and add that note.

I do not not of an alternative for Trade and Barter unfortunately.

The updated REGS removes mods for a few locations where ICAIO has extensive scripting, but most of the ETaC locations are intact. The "basic" scripting level in the current ICAIO is supposed to be compatible with almost everything, and currently most locations still have "basic" level scripting. Whistling Mine is an issue for discussion since it has full ICAIO scripting, but there is very little content in the vanilla Whistling Mine. Arthmoor's Whistling Mine is supposed to be ICAIO compatible (based on the ICAIO compatibility page), but I don't know what this means since the mod includes a lot of scripting for the NPCs and adds some buildings.

Since my packs are made for SSE, ETaC doesn't work until it's ported.

There is only one plugin-conflict, that I can recollect, between Whistling mine and ICAIO. Both plugins changes the name of a location (XLCN). I'm guessing both mods has a script that uses their respective name for the location. This is just an assumption, I do not really know if they really conflict.

I've finally decided to moderate HLE, modifying its Hardcore optional. Seems pretty easy, only needs in-game testing to fine tune and find a good balance. It needs time  ^_^

Would be great if you could get permissions from dalquist to post your version.

Two mods you might want to add in the wilderness guide are Wearable Lanterns and Craftable Lantern Oil - Hunterborn and Wearable Lanterns Patch. I am guessing there are not conflicts.

Good suggestions. I've used wearable lanterns before, I'll add it to the pack.

Is there a reason for installing only the core scarcity file and not the other two loot & merchant modifier files?

No, you should use a merchant and a loot file too. I've fixed it on mod picker

Two mods you might want to add in the wilderness guide are Wearable Lanterns and Craftable Lantern Oil - Hunterborn and Wearable Lanterns Patch. I am guessing there are not conflicts.

Do you have a link to Craftable Lantern Oil - Hunterborn and Wearable Lanterns Patch?