Dread's SSE Packs

Any thought of making a pack around morrowloot?

I have a pack based on Morrowloot for Skyrim but I'm not doing one for special edition unfortunately. I love parts of Morrowloot. I like its main feature, to remove high level loot. I kinda like how it makes high level loot more powerful. I don't like that it overhauls so much of everything. I don't agree with everything it changes. In my Morrowloot pack I overwrote the changes I didn't like with other mods but in the end felt it just got too complicated with too many conflicts. I want my current packs to be easier to maintain. Morrowloot edits all weapons and armours made of a high level material. This creates conflicts with every other mod that edits weapon and armours. It places weapons on NPCs (and for whatever reason edits their tint masks) which creates conflicts with all mods that edits NPCs. The same goes for placing items in the worldspace and in cells (indoors). Don't get me wrong, it's a great overhaul if it is what you want and you agree with all it changes. I made my own lightweight mod instead to make high level loot rarer. It makes high level loot rarer by making them rare in the leveled lists instead of removing them completely from the leveled lists and placing them in cells/worldspace/NPCs.
  • +1 1

Your thoughts on Advanced Adversary Encounters? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6843/?

I had Morrowloot for a bit but decided to go for your lightweight option :)

...what no Obis? [emoji14] Update this week apparently.

Cheers for the packs.

Quick reply, at vacation.

OBIS, possibly. In vanilla, bandits has lower level loot than standard. OBIS is the opposite. It needs a lot of patching to be compatible with my less high level loot mod (don't remember it's name...).

AAE, interesting. I've looked at it before but never tried it. My main concern is that it adds too much protection to some enemies. If I remember correctly ghosts could only be killed by silver weapons and vampires were crazy owerpowered.

Smilodon is being replaced by Wildcat in the pack. No conflicts, see Smilodons nexus page on how to uninstall.

Edit: fixed auto corrects and typos

Edited by dreadflopp

For early game in also using an edited and ported version of lore worthy bandits. It's makes them really interesting

Edit: What does smilodon conflict with m

I'll check it out.

Smilodon isn't conflicting with anything in the guide, neither is Wildcat. I'm switching to Wildcat because it's more feature rich.

Should there be a specific place to put these packs? Right now I've placed three of my personal packs in between the "Weather and Lighting" section and the "FNIS" section in the guide.

It is a good practice to place FNIS last, like you have done. It this case though, it doesnt matter if the packs are placed last or between the "Weather and Lighting" section and FNIS section.

I've encountered an issue when adding the wilderness pack. It seems that when iNeed is added you no longer get the splash effects that "Realistic Water Two" adds. The sound is also changed from a "kerplunk" sound indicating an impact + splash, to just a splash sound when iNeed is installed. This issue seems to only effect fresh water areas which is how I was able to track it down to iNeed. The iNeed patch from RWT only seems to add the ability to drink from the water and doesn't seem to be related to this issue. I've played around with load order and it doesn't seem to matter either way even when RWT is placed dead last in the load order. The splashes are eliminated when iNeed is installed. I did Tech's Guide + Wilderness on MO2 and got the same thing. Only SSE versions seem effected by this. I've read posts on Nexus for both these mods and haven't seen this come up by anyone. I'm writing this to see if anyone else can verify/confirm this issue on their end.

Edited by evmiller

I've encountered an issue when adding the wilderness pack. It seems that when iNeed is added you no longer get the splash effects that "Realistic Water Two" adds. The sound is also changed from a "kerplunk" sound indicating an impact + splash, to just a splash sound when iNeed is installed. This issue seems to only effect fresh water areas which is how I was able to track it down to iNeed. The iNeed patch from RWT only seems to add the ability to drink from the water and doesn't seem to be related to this issue. I've played around with load order and it doesn't seem to matter either way even when RWT is placed dead last in the load order. The splashes are eliminated when iNeed is installed. I did Tech's Guide + Wilderness on MO2 and got the same thing. Only SSE versions seem effected by this. I've read posts on Nexus for both these mods and haven't seen this come up by anyone. I'm writing this to see if anyone else can verify/confirm this issue on their end.

From the realistic Water Two fomod installer, which can't beused with Wrye Bash which is way you haven't seen it:

Select this option if you have 'iNeed' installed. An unintended but necessary side effect of enabling compatibility is missing character/object splashes. This option will automatically be selected if you have iNeed active.

Heads up:

As I stadet earlier, Smilodon will be replaced with Wildcat. I haven't had time to update the pack. I have finished an OBIS patch. OBIS will be added to a pack soon. It will require a new game.

What's your beef with smilodon? Why wildcat?

No beef. Smilodon is simpler. Wildcat does everything that Smilodon does and more. Smilodon was a continuation of Wildcat. The features of Smilodon was later incorporated into Wildcat. Wildcat is the mod Enai works on and add features to. Smilodon has reached its final version.

Wildcat is basically Smilodon + locational damage. They are tweaked a little different.

• +1 1