Questions about MO executables launcher and other annoyances

jdkbph

Question

This may be a dumb question but I just can't figure it out. How do you rename and resort the executables in the launcher drop down menu?

I currently have SKSE (default position I think) at the top of the list and I want to rename it to Skyrim SKSE. I go through the steps to do that but the next time I open MO it's back to SKSE.

I've tried creating a new item in the list called Skyrim SKSE using all of the same details (paths, etc) as the original SKSE entry and moving it to the top of the list. The next time I start MO it's been moved to the bottom of the list (which is off screen for me).

I've tried editing the ini file directly but that's somehow overwritten with the default data the next time I start MO.

Can it really be this hard?

Also, I have this issue where various SKSE type mods will throw messages/notifications on the load screens when I start the game.... some of them requiring a mouse click/acknowledgement before the game will continue loading. Obviously they are intended to be shown only the FIRST time you load the game after installing... and they worked just that way when I was using NMM. But with MO they show up again and again and again... every time I launch the game. I looked in the override folder to see if there was a config file of any sort there that might need to be packaged as a "mod" and placed in the left pane list, but... nothing.

Any advice or insights would be appreciated.

JD

2 answers to this question

I currently have SKSE (default position I think) at the top of the list and I want to rename it to Skyrim SKSE. I go through the steps to do that but the next time I open MO it's back to SKSE.

I've tried creating a new item in the list called Skyrim SKSE using all of the same details (paths, etc) as the original SKSE entry and moving it to the top of the list. The next time I start MO it's been moved to the bottom of the list (which is off screen for me).

I've tried editing the ini file directly but that's somehow overwritten with the default data the next time I start MO.

For the auto recognized items after you edit the name / other info you have to click the modify button and a new item will be created. The auto recognized item can not be ordered, usually the greyed items.

In the edit executables dialog items can be moved via drag and drop, these are the dark black items.