Work flow for Core and Extended?

ShanTheMan

Question

I successfully used the previous Step extended setup many months ago. I now wish to do the new Step core in one profile and the extended in a 2nd profile. I am a little confused. When I follow the guide and get to an extended mod do I just copy the core mod to another profile named Extended and add the extended mod there? Of course you can tell ima newb at this. Any advice or links appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

4 answers to this question

Is there a specific reason you want a profile for STEP Core and another profile for STEP Extended? It is feasible, but doing so might be a bit confusing to a new user because some mods (notably STEP Compilation, Bashed Patch, Dual Sheath Redux output, FNIS output, and DynDoLOD output, and any mods that have different installation steps for Core/Extended) must be completely separate mods in both profiles and you can't mix them. This means you'll end up with a STEP Core Compilation mod in the STEP Core profile containing the STEP Core patches and a STEP Extended Compilation mod in the STEP Extended profile containing the STEP Extended patches. Where it gets confusing is that Mod Organizer shows both STEP Core Compilation and STEP Extended Compilation in both profiles so you have to ensure STEP Core Compilation is active in STEP Core and inactive in STEP Extended and STEP Extended Compilation is inactive in STEP Core and active in STEP Extended.

Thanks for the speedy reply! Since I posted, I reread the Step MO guide.....and decided a full Exended Step is the way to go....as the points you mentioned above became clear.  Again Thanks!    Out of curiosity, Could a 2nd MO install in a differant directory be used for a Step Core install and a Primary MO install be used for the Extended- solving the points mentioned below?

Per High King

"Is there a specific reason you want a profile for STEP Core and another profile for STEP Extended? It is feasible, but doing so might be a bit confusing to a new user because some mods (notably STEP Compilation, Bashed Patch, Dual Sheath Redux output, FNIS output, and DynDoLODoutput, and any mods that have different installation steps for Core/Extended) must be completely separate mods in both profiles and you can't mix them. This means you'll end up with a STEP Core Compilation mod in the STEP Core profile containing the STEP Core patches and a STEPExtended Compilation mod in the STEP Extended profile containing the STEP Extended patches. Where it gets confusing is that Mod Organizer shows both STEP Core Compilation and STEP Extended Compilation in both profiles so you have to ensure STEP Core Compilation is active in STEPCore and inactive in STEP Extended and STEP Extended Compilation is inactive in STEP Core and active in STEP Extended."

Edited by ShanTheMan

I always use the portable version of Mod Organizer (instead of the installer) so I can extract the ZIP file in any folder for a second or third or fourth instance of Mod Organizer. I currently have three instances of Mod Organizer for Skyrim (STEP Extended, STEP Extended test, and my playthrough with a few mods on top of STEP Extended) and another instance for Fallout New Vegas.