A question about regenerating DynDOLOD...

csp222

Question

I'm sorry if this was asked before. I'm using DynDOLOD 2.22 for a while and decided to add a couple of mods. so I re-run DynDOLOD and TexGen and replace the old ones. I knew that you need to do a clean save for updating from 1.xx to 2.xx but do I need to do the clean save before using the newly generate from scratch DynDOLOD from the same version?

1 answer to this question

From the manual "Updating" section.

If an existing save is updated from scratch, follow the 'clean save' cycle: first deactivate DynDOLOD from MCM, wait for deactivation message, go into interior, check MCM DynDOLOD is still deactivated, save, exit game. Remove old DynDOLOD.esp, in case papyrus scripts are updated remove the old scripts (see update post), remove old meshes/skse/textures from former output. Start game, load last save, wait a bit, save again. Install new papyrus scripts in case they are updated, the new DynDOLOD.esp and the new generated LOD. Enable the new DynDOLOD.esp. Start game, load the last save, go outside. DynDOLOD should initialize by itself, else activate from MCM.