DynDOLOD error: "Exception in unit userscript line 296: Found a REFR reference, expected: MATO,NULL"

acid_hologram

Question

Hello, I'm running DynDOLODx64.exe (ver 2.26) to generate LOD, and I'm running into an error that times out the application:

[00:02:32.765] [DynDOLOD.esp] Adding master "MoonAndStar_MAS.esp"

[00:02:32.780]

[00:02:32.780] Exception in unit userscript line 296: Found a REFR reference, expected: MATO,NULL

I'm in the process of rebuilding my load order, and both DynDOLOD and Moon & Star has been a part of that load order for some time. I've never encountered this error before, so I'm unsure of how to proceed. I fixed errors that TES5edit found in M&S, but that doesn't solve the problem. A Google search and a deep dive through the DynDOLOD Support forums hasn't turned up any similar user problems, either. Might someone be able to advise me? Thank you!

3 answers to this question

The error might not be in MoonAndStar_MAS.esp but another plugin. Check those as well.

That error is straight from the xEdit portion of DynDOLOD, so it is a problem with a plugin that xEdit should report as well.

Edited by sheson

Thank you, sheson. I hadn't thought that it might not be the plugin itself, but rather something that needs it as a master. I made a stupid mistake in a mod merge that I just corrected, and now DynDOLOD has worked flawlessly. I appreciate the help! And what a fantastic utility, by the way. I can't imagine playing Skyrim without it. :)