80 replies to this topic

#76 c0c0c0

c0c0c0

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:30 AM

xLODGen generates LOD meshes and textures, no plugins.

Thanks for the clarification. I now realize that I'm confusing xLODGen with DynDOLOD, primarily because a search for the latter led me to posts for the former. And you were involved with both. Is there a DynDOLOD equivalent for FO4? If I create a dummy ESP to load an archive of the files I created, will this give me the same general effect as DynDOLOD? Do I leave the resourse ESPs active? Thanks, again!

#77 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:52 AM

Is there a DynDOLOD equivalent for FO4?

No.

If I create a dummy ESP to load an archive of the files I created, will this give me the same general effect as DynDOLOD?

A dummy plugin is used to load archives and nothing else. The plugin(s) that DynDOLOD generates have a completely different purpose.

Do I leave the resourse ESPs active?

From first post: There is no hard requirement for the plugins that define unused LOD models and the FO4LODGen - Main.ba2 to be loaded in the game. However, if you notice flickering LOD textures or other odd behavior keep them in the load order.

The FO4LODGen-DLCCoast-WindTurbines.esp setting isFullLOD flag is for in-game use only obviously.

#78 nzane

nzane

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

I don't know if I am supposed to post it here or on a new thread but is there a way to remove the trees from lod generation? I have a mod that makes the commonwealth have no trees and turns it into a desert , LODGen works fine for the most part except it generates trees and the mod is supposed to remove them so I get trees in the distance and a lot of poping in, I don't see an option in the settings nor an ini or something so im wondering if there's another way to get rid of em

#79 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:47 AM

I don't know if I am supposed to post it here or on a new thread but is there a way to remove the trees from lod generation? I have a mod that makes the commonwealth have no trees and turns it into a desert , LODGen works fine for the most part except it generates trees and the mod is supposed to remove them so I get trees in the distance and a lot of poping in, I don't see an option in the settings nor an ini or something so im wondering if there's another way to get rid of em

That depends how the mod removes the trees. LOD is added only for objects that are currently placed into the world.

#80 nzane

nzane

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:01 AM

Hmm im not sure now that you mention it NPCs tend to take cover behind invisible trees very frequently , the mod is Dustbowl overhaul

#81 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:54 AM

Hmm im not sure now that you mention it NPCs tend to take cover behind invisible trees very frequently , the mod is Dustbowl overhaul

That mod just seems to replace the full model tree meshes with versions that do not show anything when loaded in the game.

The easiest solution would be to use xEdit to unset the "Has Distant LOD" flag on the base records for those trees.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fo4, fallout 4, lod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users