76 replies to this topic

#76 c0c0c0

c0c0c0

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:30 AM

xLODGen generates LOD meshes and textures, no plugins.

Thanks for the clarification. I now realize that I'm confusing xLODGen with DynDOLOD, primarily because a search for the latter led me to posts for the former. And you were involved with both. Is there a DynDOLOD equivalent for FO4? If I create a dummy ESP to load an archive of the files I created, will this give me the same general effect as DynDOLOD? Do I leave the resourse ESPs active? Thanks, again!

#77 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:52 AM

Is there a DynDOLOD equivalent for FO4?

No.

If I create a dummy ESP to load an archive of the files I created, will this give me the same general effect as DynDOLOD?

A dummy plugin is used to load archives and nothing else. The plugin(s) that DynDOLOD generates have a completely different purpose.

Do I leave the resourse ESPs active?

From first post: There is no hard requirement for the plugins that define unused LOD models and the FO4LODGen - Main.ba2 to be loaded in the game. However, if you notice flickering LOD textures or other odd behavior keep them in the load order.

The FO4LODGen-DLCCoast-WindTurbines.esp setting isFullLOD flag is for in-game use only obviously.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fo4, fallout 4, lod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users