Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

Hi! First of all thank you Sheson and everyone involved in DynDOLOD for your incredible work. It's working wonderfully for me as far as distant buildings and terrain goes and seriously transforms the visual fidelity of the game.

However I'm having serious issues with different trees appearing to pop in (and out) compared to their LODs. Brief video here.

I'm using SFO 2.6 and EVT 1.6.9 with the matching billboards for SFO and the generated matching billboards/LODs for EVT in the following order:

DynDOLOD Resources

DynDOLOD Textures

Vanilla Billboards

SFO

SFO Billboards

EVT

EVT Billboards

DynDOLOD Output

Please could someone advise me where I'm going wrong... I've cleared and re-run DynDOLOD several times with different load orders but to no avail. I've no idea what is causing the LODs to seemingly get mixed up. ::(:

FAQ: Tree LOD: LOD trees do not match close-up full model trees

A: Doublecheck billboards and billboard load order. Open console, click on full model tree to get form id like 000185C7. Lookup this FormID top left in xEdit, bringing up the tree reference in the right pane. Find the form id of the 'NAME - Base', like TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]. Search in Textures\Terrain\LODGen\ subfolders for files with that number, like TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.dds and TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.txt. Replace files with correct versions.

A: The DynDOLOD log will print a detailed list for each tree which billboard (and 3D LOD model if applicable) it is using. Use the base form id like 0006A9E6 to easily find the entries in the log.

FAQ: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: Duplicate FormID [xxx] in file [xx] xxx.esp

A: There is a plugin in the load order that duplicates an existing form id. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help.

Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer version to create the patch.

Xedit showed no errors. the form ID is pointing to CuttingRoomFloor.esp. Should I remove that mod and retry DynDOLOD? I also had replaced the Batch patch and received the same error.

Thanks,

Raed

Xedit showed no errors. the form ID is pointing to CuttingRoomFloor.esp. Should I remove that mod and retry DynDOLOD? I also had replaced the Batch patch and received the same error.

Thanks,

Raed

CuttingRoomFloor.esp is usually fine. The mentioned formid is usually pointing to a wrong mod - which why it is an error.

If scanning all plugins for errors with xEdit does not reveal the troublesome plugin, then removing batches of plugins to narrow down it down is a way to troubleshoot the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

2.44 FOMOD installer has some issues and Vortex is unable to install it. The "DynDOLOD" directories under "02 Whiterun Exterior", "08 Solitude Exterior", and "05 Desync Birds of Prey" are mistakenly added as "file", such like:

<file source="02 Whiterun Exterior\DynDOLOD" destination="DynDOLOD" />

Not sure if it's the only issue.

2.44 FOMOD installer has some issues and Vortex is unable to install it. The "DynDOLOD" directories under "02 Whiterun Exterior", "08 Solitude Exterior", and "05 Desync Birds of Prey" are mistakenly added as "file", such like:

<file source="02 Whiterun Exterior\DynDOLOD" destination="DynDOLOD" />

Not sure if it's the only issue.

Thanks for letting me know. Fixed with DynDOLOD Resources 2.44.1

• 1 month later...

I wonder if you can help me please?  I'm running SSE, using MO2, latest game, Papyrus Util and SKSE versions (etc), and have used Dyndolod in the past with no issues.

On a new game today, using version 2.44 (clean install, old Dyndolods removed)  and with all the required files up to date, I generated Texgen and Dyndolod output in hat appears to have been a successful process. The process also gave me the ESM and ESP which I used LOOT to sort as normal.

On running my game I get an error box telling me: Dyndolod requires Dyndolod plugins version 2.30 [OK].  On going outside I get a warning "Dyndolod can not find master data in Dyndolod_Tamriel.json". There is no MCM starting, either.

I looked on the FAQ and can see something relevant to this but can't think of a solution given I'm using MO2. I ran the ESP and ESM through SSEEdit and they seemed fine, returned no errors.

I had a look at logs and they seemed OK, but I am not sure which ones you would need to see so do let me know if you need any of them.

LOD does seem to be in place and working, ni fact improving my framerate a bit, too.

Thank you in advance for any support you can give!

Edited by Bluegunk

I had a look at logs and they seemed OK, but I am not sure which ones you would need to see so do let me know if you need any of them.

LOD does seem to be in place and working, ni fact improving my framerate a bit, too.

Thank you in advance for any support you can give!

Ignore my plea for help. I am a stupid clunker; I forgot to install the resources. Duh.    :rofl:     All working perfectly now...of course!  Thanks anyway and once again: thanks for a great resource.

I just noticed I'm having a problem with the three small stone walls just outside Markarth, near the carriage driver.
Their LODs cover their full model.

Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ Block -2, 0 \ Sub-Block -6, 0 \ 0000717A <MarkarthExterior01> \ Temporary \ CF046877 <Skyrimesm_10E456_DynDOLOD_TOWN>

Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ Block -2, 0 \ Sub-Block -6, 0 \ 0000717A <MarkarthExterior01> \ Temporary \ CF046879 <Skyrimesm_10E457_DynDOLOD_TOWN>

Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ Block -2, 0 \ Sub-Block -6, 0 \ 0000717A <MarkarthExterior01> \ Temporary \ CF04687B <Skyrimesm_10E458_DynDOLOD_TOWN>

MrkCityIntCWwall01_DynDOLOD_LOD
MrkCityIntCWwall02_DynDOLOD_LOD
MrkCityIntCWwall03_DynDOLOD_LOD

I just noticed I'm having a problem with the three small stone walls just outside Markarth, near the carriage driver.

Their LODs cover their full model.

Thanks for reporting. That's not LOD though, but copies from references in the child Markarth to the parent world Tamriel that do need to be copied. Such copies use the LOD model for the loaded cells.

You can just disable them in game or remove the references from the plugin.

To not have them added when generating LOD add the lines

Skyrim.esm;0010E456;MrkCityIntCWwall01
Skyrim.esm;0010E457;MrkCityIntCWwall02
Skyrim.esm;0010E458;MrkCityIntCWwall03

to DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[TES5|SSE]_childworldlod_Tamriel.txt.

That update will be included in the next version.

just for let you know guys, the Windows Defender is reporting the latest release (2.47) of DynDOLOD as a Trojan carrier:

avm1c7.pngHello, 

Check that out in case other users get the same behavior.

Best Regards

Edited by johanlh

I'm getting back into Skyrim with a new videocard coming today since my old one died. Unfortunately I'm getting an error on the latest version with regular Skyrim. This is what it looks like:

[00:27] Exception in unit userscript line 234: Can not copy [REFR:000B7365] (places PlaneMarker [sTAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25)) from Skyrim.esm into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13189)
[00:00:02.437]    [00:27]  
[00:00:02.437]    [00:27] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:00:02.438]    [00:27] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:00:02.438]    [00:27] Error during Applying script "DynDOLOD Worlds": Can not copy [REFR:000B7365] (places PlaneMarker [sTAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25)) from Skyrim.esm into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13189)

I'm getting back into Skyrim with a new videocard coming today since my old one died. Unfortunately I'm getting an error on the latest version with regular Skyrim. This is what it looks like:

[00:27] Exception in unit userscript line 234: Can not copy [REFR:000B7365] (places PlaneMarker [sTAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25)) from Skyrim.esm into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13189)

[00:00:02.437]    [00:27] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

[00:00:02.438]    [00:27] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/

[00:00:02.438]    [00:27] Error during Applying script "DynDOLOD Worlds": Can not copy [REFR:000B7365] (places PlaneMarker [sTAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25)) from Skyrim.esm into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13189)

FAQ: DynDOLOD.exe: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: Can not copy xxxx from xxxx.esp into xxx.esp

A: Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer Wrye Bash version to create the patch or do not use the merge patches option. 

A: There might be plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

This may also be caused by having old DynDOLOD Resources SE or *.patch files, however it is hard to tell without the entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt

Edited by sheson