Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

I am brand new to Skryim LE modding and just downloaded and attempted to use DynDOLOD tonight for the first time. I got the following error message:

Exception in unit userscript line 331: Can not copy [REFR:1A0259DC] (places FarmLumbermill01WaterWheel02 [MSTT:000F3E43] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFIrontreeMill [CELL:00009389] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -23,17)) from Cutting Room Floor.esp into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13810)

However no log was generated. The only thing in the DynDOLOD/logs folder is the becauseofreasons.txt that is blank. My only option was to close the window, which generated the "closing files" message.

I tried searching the forums for related issues, and see something about how windmills and waterwheels are processed and am wondering if it's because this particular item is from the Cutting Room Floor mod. I'm afraid I simply don't know enough about DynDOLOD to parse out what exactly I need to do to fix this error.

Any help would be appreciated, and please let me know if more info is needed.

FAQ: DynDOLOD.exe: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: Can not copy xxxx from xxxx.esp into xxx.esp

A: Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer Wrye Bash version to create the patch or do not use the merge patches option. 

A: There might be plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

The log is saved when the program is closed. Otherwise it can be copied and pasted from the Messages window.

If runs through with Based Patch disabled, then you know you have a broken patch that should not be used.
Edited by sheson

FAQ: DynDOLOD.exe: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: Can not copy xxxx from xxxx.esp into xxx.esp

A: Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer Wrye Bash version to create the patch or do not use the merge patches option. 

A: There might be plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

The log is saved when the program is closed. Otherwise it can be copied and pasted from the Messages window.

If runs through with Based Patch disabled, then you know you have a broken patch that should not be used.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. You were absolutely right about the broken bashed patch. I checked for plugin errors first and reran DynDOLOD but got a different error message. (This time for something near the Blackbriar Lodge.) So I disabled my bashed patch, re organized everything and reran DynDOLOD. Worked like a charm. 

My problem now is that I needed the bashed patch to alleviate some leveled list injection issues, and now I'm not so sure a couple of my mods are going to play nice together. I'll tinker with it a bit more. 

Again, thanks for the response and for being so nice to a complete noob.

Edited by KabukiSalmon

Thanks so much for the quick reply. You were absolutely right about the broken bashed patch. I checked for plugin errors first and reran DynDOLOD but got a different error message. (This time for something near the Blackbriar Lodge.) So I disabled my bashed patch, re organized everything and reran DynDOLOD. Worked like a charm. 

My problem now is that I needed the bashed patch to alleviate some leveled list injection issues, and now I'm not so sure a couple of my mods are going to play nice together. I'll tinker with it a bit more. 

Again, thanks for the response and for being so nice to a complete noob.

Using the latest version from the Wrye Bash Discord should be fine.

I'm using the latest DynDOLOD 2.54 + Resources and redid WazaLang's YouTube tutorial for Ultra Trees. In the past everything worked fine (Dyndolod v2.43). But with the new version i have an issue and i can't figure out were the problem is. I'm pretty sure everything else is the same, and apart from some textures, only the Dyndolod suite is new.

Tried with Oldrim and SSE versions of Enhanced Vanilla Trees. On first glance everything works, but Vurts tall trees (the mod where you have to copy files from SFO) are not 3D models but billboards, no matter what i try. All trees are Ultra Trees (3D models), but Vurts stay billboards.

I'm pulling my hair out... I just don't know were to start looking for the issue.

eai3by7.gif

Edited by jjensson

I'm using the latest DynDOLOD 2.54 + Resources and redid WazaLang's YouTube tutorial for Ultra Trees. In the past everything worked fine (Dyndolod v2.43). But with the new version i have an issue and i can't figure out were the problem is. I'm pretty sure everything else is the same, and apart from some textures, only the Dyndolod suite is new.

Tried with Oldrim and SSE versions of Enhanced Vanilla Trees. On first glance everything works, but Vurts tall trees (the mod where you have to copy files from SFO) are not 3D models but billboards, no matter what i try. All trees are Ultra Trees (3D models), but Vurts stay billboards.

I'm pulling my hair out... I just don't know were to start looking for the issue.

I can not support 3rd party instructions. 

You start looking for the issue by reading DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

If no 3D LOD model exists for a tree it will fall back to use a billboard by default. 

Fair enough. (But you did recommend this video in the Dyndolod manual. :)

The thing is, though, i *have* a 3D model for those trees (NIF file), Dyndolod just stopped generating 3D LODs for them with v2.54. And it did work with v2.43. Very strange. I did even try defining an extra rule for those exact trees (LOD4=Static LOD4, LOD8=Billboards, etc), but no success.

I'll look into the documentation again, and if nothing helps, i'll go back to v2.43 (which is twice as slow, but oh well...)

Fair enough. (But you did recommend this video in the Dyndolod manual. :)

The thing is, though, i *have* a 3D model for those trees (NIF file), Dyndolod just stopped generating 3D LODs for them with v2.54. And it did work with v2.43. Very strange. I did even try defining an extra rule for those exact trees (LOD4=Static LOD4, LOD8=Billboards, etc), but no success.

I'll look into the documentation again, and if nothing helps, i'll go back to v2.43 (which is twice as slow, but oh well...)

Copy and paste the part of the old log were it shows that is uses the 3D LOD model for LOD level 4 for that tree and then the same part from the new version were it doesn't. 

Maybe the full model NIF is different now, then its CRC32 changed. Maybe you just have to copy the 3D LOD model to the new filename.

Edited by sheson

Touche! ::): I don't have logs stored. The only thing that makes me certain is a couple thousand older screenshots that show it working.

The full models were not changed BTW, i kept them.

But, in case i'm wrong, the only thing i can think of is that the billboards were so good that they looked very much like 3D LOD.

In the next days, i'll restore the backup of my mod folder, TFC, and look at them closely. That should solve the mystery.

Edited by jjensson

Hey Sheson, i think you helped me with that suggestion. I indeed found log files, and look what i dug up:

With Dyndolod 2.43:

TreePineForestSnowL03 [TREE:0005D2D9] meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnowl03.nif
Billboard found, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <treepineforestsnowl03_28C45985> fallback Full Model
LOD4: meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnowl03.nif
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds

With Dyndolod 2.54:

TreePineForestSnowL03 [TREE:0005D2D9] meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnowl03.nif
Billboard found, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <treepineforestsnowl03_28C45985> fallback Billboard
LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds using internal
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds using internal
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds using internal

Can you tell what did go wrong? AFAIK i used the same settings in both cases (i don't change the settings if they work once).

Am i right in my assumption that (as a workaround) i just can set a custom rule for that tree model to use "full model" for LOD4?

Edited by jjensson

Hey Sheson, i think you helped me with that suggestion. I indeed found log files, and look what i dug up:

With Dyndolod 2.43:

Billboard found, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <treepineforestsnowl03_28C45985> fallback Full Model
LOD4: meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnowl03.nif
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds

With Dyndolod 2.54:

Billboard found, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <treepineforestsnowl03_28C45985> fallback Billboard
LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds using internal
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds using internal
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9.dds using internal

Can you tell what did go wrong? AFAIK i used the same settings in both cases (i don't change the settings if they work once).

Am i right in my assumption that (as a workaround) i just can set a custom rule for that tree model to use "full model" for LOD4?

It seems in the past you changed the setting TreeFullFallBack= in the DynDOLOD INI that controls the automatic fallback to Billboard to fallback to the full model instead. So you can either use that again, but head the warning.

As you suggest, you can also add specific mesh rule for the tree treepineforestsnowl03.nif and set LOD4 to Full Model and LOD8/16 to Billboard and thus set it for only the tree that requires it.

As per Waza's video, i explicitly set TreeFullFallBack=1 in both cases. That's what makes it so strange - somehow v2.54 doesn't respect the setting in case of that exact tree model.

And BTW, i apologize for confusing the terms. I'm a bit of a noob with this stuff. When i wrote 3D-LOD, i meant full tree model. That's what i had i the past when i had nice far away trees, with EVT and the SFO addition - i think i have just one tree type as hybrid LOD and it's hard to spot.

I'll try with the custom rule sometime in the next days, and report the outcome.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by jjensson

Interestingly, no. As per Waza's video, i explicitly set TreeFullFallBack=1 in both cases. That's what makes it so strange - somehow v2.54 doesn't respect the setting in case of that exact tree model.

I'll try with the custom rule sometime in the next days, and report the outcome.

Thanks for your help.

Let me point out the text that is right above the setting which says:

; 0 -> FullModel; 1 -> Billboard, 2 -> Billboard2, 3 -> Billboard3 etc. 
; NOTE: This setting changed meaning in version 2.44

I suggest to read the included manual and documentation. At least the explanations in the INIs right above the settings ;)

Edited by sheson

Dammit, you're right! I have read parts of the manual in the past, and usually pay attention to the comments in the INI's, but this i have missed. I watched the video and changed the settings on the fly.

Well, i feel bad now for wasting your time. But maybe i learned a thing or two in the process.

Thanks again. Firstborn is shipping out as we speak. :P

Edited by jjensson

Hi Sheson:
i was sent here from GamerPoets Discord:

i was wondering if anyone here could please help me with DYNDOLOD (skyrim LE).

because dyndolod and tex gen wont open up on my laptop.
i can get teslodgen to work.

im getting this kind of thing in game, and cant seem to fix it, even starting multiple new games wont work.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283413938530549762/531499028983316510/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283413938530549762/531499132062269440/unknown.png

dyndolod and tex gen sits in my taskbar like this

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283413938530549762/531743614598905856/unknown.png
but never opens up

any help will be great and appreciated thanks :)

Hi Sheson:

i was sent here from GamerPoets Discord:

i was wondering if anyone here could please help me with DYNDOLOD (skyrim LE).

because dyndolod and tex gen wont open up on my laptop.

i can get teslodgen to work.

im getting this kind of thing in game, and cant seem to fix it, even starting multiple new games wont work.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283413938530549762/531499028983316510/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283413938530549762/531499132062269440/unknown.png

dyndolod and tex gen sits in my taskbar like this

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283413938530549762/531743614598905856/unknown.png

but never opens up

any help will be great and appreciated thanks :)

No program window ever shows up regardless if starting the x86 or x64 version?

Is there an icon in the Taskbar?

Hold Shift while executing to reset settings to default or manually delete c:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Skyrim\DynDOLOD_settings.ini

You made sure not to install DynDOLOD Standalone into a game, MO or Program Files folder and that no UAC or Antivirus is interfering?

Did you try run as admin?

The "kind of thing" is explained in the DynDOLOD FAQ as "trees textures cut off". The only proper solution is to generate tree LOD for the load order and to make sure none of it is overwritten.

Edited by sheson