Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

So I only just remembered - back in September you provided an xedit script (https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-256/page-54?do=findComment&comment=228495) for finding waterfall nodes that DyndoLod can replace with optimized versions (that was added for the Dreamborne Isles fix).

I've been using it since then and only just remembered that I never reported back on it it actually worked.

It did, and I have not noticed any visual issues with any waterfalls.

• +1 1

So I only just remembered - back in September you provided an xedit script (https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-256/page-54?do=findComment&comment=228495) for finding waterfall nodes that DyndoLod can replace with optimized versions (that was added for the Dreamborne Isles fix).

I've been using it since then and only just remembered that I never reported back on it it actually worked.

It did, and I have not noticed any visual issues with any waterfalls.

Better late than never, eh. Thanks for letting us know.

Install a legal copy of the game, start it once through the launcher, then start the tools in the correct game mode.

Does "legal copy of the game" mean "SkyrimSE.exe" this file needs the latest version? 
And then I should start dyndolod with Mod Organizer?

Does "legal copy of the game" mean "SkyrimSE.exe" this file needs the latest version? 
And then I should start dyndolod with Mod Organizer?

No, legal copy does not mean SkyrimSE.exe.

No, the version of the supported games does not matter.

Yes, everything needs to be started from within MO if you want it to be able to use the mods managed by MO, obviously .

No, legal copy does not mean SkyrimSE.exe.

No, the version of the supported games does not matter.

Yes, everything needs to be started from within MO if you want it to be able to use the mods managed by MO, obviously .

I'm so sorry to bother you. 
Does "legal copy" mean a game purchased through regular channels? 
If so, then my game was purchased through the steam store. 
The problem with my screenshot is really starting dyndolod with MO.

I'm so sorry to bother you. 
Does "legal copy" mean a game purchased through regular channels? 
If so, then my game was purchased through the steam store. 
The problem with my screenshot is really starting dyndolod with MO.

Please read carefully what I wrote: Install a legal copy of the game, start it once through the launcher, then start the tools in the correct game mode.

In other words, the problem is either a messed up game installation or you are not starting the tools in the correct game mode.

Starting the legal game from the launcher once will set the windows registry settings to point the the game installation path.

xEdit/DynDOLOD, like every other tool, looks up the installation path of the game in the windows registry.

The log tell us the game data folder is supposedly installed to D:\The.Elder.Scrolls.V\[2017-12-22]\TESVLECHS\data. This is not a normal installation path of any Bethesda game.

The log also tells us there are no modules (ESM, ESP, ESL plugins) at that path.

Either the path is that wrong because the game is not a legal copy, or the launcher has not been started yet to set things to the path of the legal copy, or DynDOLOD was not started in the desired game mode - it defaults to Skyrim, set the appropriate command line parameter to start it in other game mode.

Do not install DynDOLOD into Mod Organizer folders. I suggest to carefully read the included manual after fixing the game installation issue.

Please read carefully what I wrote: Install a legal copy of the game, start it once through the launcher, then start the tools in the correct game mode.

In other words, the problem is either a messed up game installation or you are not starting the tools in the correct game mode.

Starting the legal game from the launcher once will set the windows registry settings to point the the game installation path.

xEdit/DynDOLOD, like every other tool, looks up the installation path of the game in the windows registry.

The log tell us the game data folder is supposedly installed to D:\The.Elder.Scrolls.V\[2017-12-22]\TESVLECHS\data. This is not a normal installation path of any Bethesda game.

The log also tells us there are no modules (ESM, ESP, ESL plugins) at that path.

Either the path is that wrong because the game is not a legal copy, or the launcher has not been started yet to set things to the path of the legal copy, or DynDOLOD was not started in the desired game mode - it defaults to Skyrim, set the appropriate command line parameter to start it in other game mode.

Do not install DynDOLOD into Mod Organizer folders. I suggest to carefully read the included manual after fixing the game installation issue.

Thank youï¼

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I updated dyndolod to the new version and I don't why my Dragonsreach disappeared. It the first time that happens.

Nope, I'm not using Open Cities (I read this plugin cause that bug but I'm not using it). 

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

WM Flora Fixes.esp

Skyrim Supplemental Patch.esp

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

Cutting Room Floor.esp

SkyUI.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

FNIS.esp

UIExtensions.esp

AddItemMenuLE.esp

WM Trap Fixes.esp

FISS.esp

Semi-Open Guard Helmets.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

XPMSE.esp

Insignificant Object Remover.esp

RemoveAmbientInteriorFog.esp

RevampedExteriorFog.esp

Dead Body Collision.esp

SMIM-Merged-All.esp

Beautiful Whiterun.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

RealisticWhiterun.esp

RedMountainErupts.esp

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

RealisticWaterTwo.esp

RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Dark Dungeons for Skyrim-Dawnguard-Dragonborn.esp

Immersive Citizens - ELE patch.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

DynDOLOD.esp

Post/upload/pastebin the log

Hi again, I figured out what was the problem.
I don't know why Semi-Open Guard Helmets makes Dragonsreach invisible. I generated a new LOD without it and now is working fine. 

I been using that mod for years and for the first time it conflicts with DynDOLOD anyways I replaced it with Improved Closefaced Helmets.

Hi again, I figured out what was the problem.
I don't know why Semi-Open Guard Helmets makes Dragonsreach invisible. I generated a new LOD without it and now is working fine. 

I been using that mod for years and for the first time it conflicts with DynDOLOD anyways I replaced it with Improved Closefaced Helmets.

Ah same problem as here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-258/page-87?p=234110&do=findComment&comment=234110

Will be fixed next version.

• +1 1