Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

Hello! I have an issue with fake lights, i guess:

i was trying with vanilla, with ELFX and with Relighting Skyrim, with each of them i had that. It's not only in blackreach, but here is most clearly to see.

The real lights are loaded before the fake lights are unloaded. The normally dim fake lights are briefly illuminated by the real lights. It is not trivial to change the timing and I am not aware of any good tricks to make the fake light meshes not receive real light. Just don't check the fake light in child world option. 

Edited by sheson

• 3 weeks later...

I am just gonna post here and with better direction I will post their. I have been on xlodgen-suport for a matter where I am trying to learn how to make my own lod dds files for my own textures in order for texgen and dyndolod to process and create actual LOD models for. I know that once I do it and do it right, I will learn and flourish from that understanding where I see my results. Right now its just how too for me. I have tried several tools other then texgen to make my atlas from particular textures. I have attempted on texgen but I am not do in GB it right. The textures are loose dds files not linked or hooked to a plugin of any kind. Need to create a /textures/Lod/whatINeedLod01.dds from the loose textures located at example twxtures/architecture/whiterun/all 20 textures.dds. Any assistance will help me out. Thankyou very much in advance

I am just gonna post here and with better direction I will post their. I have been on xlodgen-suport for a matter where I am trying to learn how to make my own lod dds files for my own textures in order for texgen and dyndolod to process and create actual LOD models for. I know that once I do it and do it right, I will learn and flourish from that understanding where I see my results. Right now its just how too for me. I have tried several tools other then texgen to make my atlas from particular textures. I have attempted on texgen but I am not do in GB it right. The textures are loose dds files not linked or hooked to a plugin of any kind. Need to create a /textures/Lod/whatINeedLod01.dds from the loose textures located at example twxtures/architecture/whiterun/all 20 textures.dds. Any assistance will help me out. Thankyou very much in advance

This is a bit hard to decipher.

I am assuming you are replacing existing full textures that are used by existing models for which LOD models already exist.

Many of the Whiterun town LOD models use pre-rendered LOD textures. They are not a simple version of the full textures, but a rendered side view parts of the model.

To update those LOD textures you need to manually edit them. You can try to use NifSkope in a similar fashion like doing screenshots of trees to create billboards and then edit the LOD textures in Gimp/Photoshop.

If that does not match what you did or trying to do, then try explaining with one example what you have and what you need it to do.

Edited by sheson

I am basically trying to make one of these but doing so the correct way. I tried manipulting one replacing the textures with my own. The circled areas i removed in gimp. Then i imported my texture i wanted to add, scaled it down in size and layer merged down onto the lod atlas and saved. I generated my lods and checked in game. It works but i know theirs better ways to go about this

https://imgur.com/a/5a7EB0I

Its those compiled textures in the /textures/lod/ directory that texgen processes. If i have loose textures in example textures/architecture/solitude (or wherever) / all textures.dds. But are not put together in a lod.dds file like i sent a link up above of, then the lods wont be made for the loose textures

I am basically trying to make one of these but doing so the correct way. I tried manipulting one replacing the textures with my own. The circled areas i removed in gimp. Then i imported my texture i wanted to add, scaled it down in size and layer merged down onto the lod atlas and saved. I generated my lods and checked in game. It works but i know theirs better ways to go about this

https://imgur.com/a/5a7EB0I

Its those compiled textures in the /textures/lod/ directory that texgen processes. If i have loose textures in example textures/architecture/solitude (or wherever) / all textures.dds. But are not put together in a lod.dds file like i sent a link up above of, then the lods wont be made for the loose textures

From /DynDOLOD_TexGen.html

This is a bit experimental and doesn't work for pre-rendered textures like the town LOD textures, distant mountain peaks or glaciers for example. Having a look at the object LOD source textures like textures\lod\wrbuildingslod01.dds for town buildings and comparing them to tileable landscape textures makes it clear. The town LOD textures are rendered from the full models and not a simple derivative of a full texture. They were then processed with an image program to create the final LOD textures.

If there would be an easier way to update the existing pre-rendered LOD textures then TexGen would do it. xEdit does not support displaying/rendering of models/textures, yet.

The easier way is to sreenshot the side views in NifSkope or render them in a proper 3D application.

You can always create your own TexGen rules as explained in DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html to create a new mini atlas texture of the roof for example.

I believe the lower roof is actually done by TexGen already as a 4x4 mini atlas Textures\lod\wrroofslate01lod.dds

But that would only save a couple seconds work in Gimp in this case. You still have to manually update the pre-rendered textures for the LOD models that use them.

Edited by sheson

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to move the error checking to before the preset screen pops up? It's very frustrating loading your list, making changes to the preset, and then getting a 'you have so-and-so, disable and restart DynDOLOD' message

Edited by myztikrice

hello sheson, how do i get this snow on mountain to get the same color as the terrain lod snow? https://imgur.com/z2rFqkF i'm using hyperborrean snow, run xlodgen terrain, texgen and dyndolod high in this picture. i also use snow shader fix mod and northfire's photoreal mountain. edit: majestic mountains blends better because it have built in snow shader, so i think snow shader fix doesnt touch LOD? 

Edited by babix

hello sheson, how do i get this snow on mountain to get the same color as the terrain lod snow? https://imgur.com/z2rFqkF i'm using hyperborrean snow, run xlodgen terrain, texgen and dyndolod high in this picture. i also use snow shader fix mod and northfire's photoreal mountain. edit: majestic mountains blends better because it have built in snow shader, so i think snow shader fix doesnt touch LOD? 

You need to ask the mod author what the mod does. Or simple check the snow LOD shader yoursellf in xEdit.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14930-white-mountain-bug-after-lod-generation

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14577-dark-distant-mountainssnow-lods

• 8 months later...

I'm sorry for bothering you, Sheson, but I'm at my wisdoms end. I can't create 3D trees anymore and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I changed TreeLOD=1 to TreeLOD=0 and deleted everything inside the cache folder. What have I missed? Has something changed in your newest version?

I'm sorry for bothering you, Sheson, but I'm at my wisdoms end. I can't create 3D trees anymore and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I changed TreeLOD=1 to TreeLOD=0 and deleted everything inside the cache folder. What have I missed? Has something changed in your newest version?

Edit: I just tried an older version, and the issue (tree: LOD4 = "Billboard" instead of "Static LOD4") happens after changing the Output path. My game setup is currently on a different hard drive.

There is no requirement or use to delete the cache folder since several years.

I am not sure what the issue is? 

Read ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html how to generate ultra tree LOD.

If you want 3D tree LOD you need to have 3D tree LOD models installed, change the INI setting and change LOD4 to Static LOD4 if it isn't by default (high rules only)

• 2 weeks later...

Running into an odd issue with DynDOLOD 2.90 and 2.91 running with DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.88.  PapyrusUtil SE 3.9 or DynDOLOD.DLL makes no difference.  When I try to generate LOD, everything works fine until it tries to write files.  When it does, I get a "LODGeneratorCMD has stopped working" dialogue.  DynDOLOD continues to run in the background.  If I am generating LOD for multiple worldspaces, this happens for every worldspace.  If I generate for only one, it happens for that one.  Thinking it might be something in my load order, I made a new profile in MO2, and unselected everything in the left panel except for PapyrusUtil, DynDOLOD Resources, Seamless Billboards, with the same results (after making a new TexGen).  I ran into the problem originally after upgrading as part of a new load order on 2.90.  2.91 came out in the interim, and the issue still occurs with that.  I've re-downloaded and reinstalled both DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.88 and DynDOLOD 2.91 with the same result.  In the output folder, a folder structure is created, but no object LOD is written.

To make sure the issue was not something that was preventing DynDOLOD from working at all, I uninstalled DynDOLOD Resources SE and reinstalled version 2.85, Deleted the DynDOLOD Standalone folder for 2.91 and put DynDOLOD 2.85 in its place, and was able to generate LOD for my whole load order without issue.  I would say this proves I am not crazy, but people who know me might disagree.

I then removed the output folders again, uninstalled 2.85 / 2.85, replaced it with 2.88 / 2.91 again, and was able to replicate the issue (in this case, with my full load order in place, but attempting to generate LOD for only DeepwoodRedoubtWorld, but it doesn't matter which worldspace I choose, or if I deselect all mods).

The error in the LODGeneratorCMD command window is: Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt: https://pastebin.com/B60mUtAK

LODGen_SSE_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_log.txt: https://pastebin.com/Aj3bSfe1

LODGeneratorCMD.txt: https://pastebin.com/DUB95N97

Running into an odd issue with DynDOLOD 2.90 and 2.91 running with DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.88.  PapyrusUtil SE 3.9 or DynDOLOD.DLL makes no difference.  When I try to generate LOD, everything works fine until it tries to write files.  When it does, I get a "LODGeneratorCMD has stopped working" dialogue.  DynDOLOD continues to run in the background.  If I am generating LOD for multiple worldspaces, this happens for every worldspace.  If I generate for only one, it happens for that one.  Thinking it might be something in my load order, I made a new profile in MO2, and unselected everything in the left panel except for PapyrusUtil, DynDOLOD Resources, Seamless Billboards, with the same results (after making a new TexGen).  I ran into the problem originally after upgrading as part of a new load order on 2.90.  2.91 came out in the interim, and the issue still occurs with that.  I've re-downloaded and reinstalled both DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.88 and DynDOLOD 2.91 with the same result.  In the output folder, a folder structure is created, but no object LOD is written.

To make sure the issue was not something that was preventing DynDOLOD from working at all, I uninstalled DynDOLOD Resources SE and reinstalled version 2.85, Deleted the DynDOLOD Standalone folder for 2.91 and put DynDOLOD 2.85 in its place, and was able to generate LOD for my whole load order without issue.  I would say this proves I am not crazy, but people who know me might disagree.

I then removed the output folders again, uninstalled 2.85 / 2.85, replaced it with 2.88 / 2.91 again, and was able to replicate the issue (in this case, with my full load order in place, but attempting to generate LOD for only DeepwoodRedoubtWorld, but it doesn't matter which worldspace I choose, or if I deselect all mods).

The error in the LODGeneratorCMD command window is: Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt: https://pastebin.com/B60mUtAK

LODGen_SSE_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_log.txt: https://pastebin.com/Aj3bSfe1

LODGeneratorCMD.txt: https://pastebin.com/DUB95N97

This seems to be a billboard.txt with and invalid entry that is expected to be a number.

Replace LODGenx64.exe in Edit Script. This version should print out which txt file it is.