Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

Hello!

Can I delete TexGen Output after making a DynDOLOD Output? It seems like all needed textures exist in the DynDOLOD Output atlases.

P.s. I didn't see anything about it in tutorials and manual. Maybe I missed.

Hello!

Can I delete TexGen Output after making a DynDOLOD Output? It seems like all needed textures exist in the DynDOLOD Output atlases.

P.s. I didn't see anything about it in tutorials and manual. Maybe I missed.

No.

DynDOLOD_TexGen.html:

Typically there is no need to change the default formats. These options are for advanced users / mod authors. Since TexGen.exe generates LOD textures that will be later combined into LOD textures atlasses by DynDOLOD.exe, any desired format changes for the final texture atlasses need to be set in '..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE].ini'. However, there is the chance that single LOD textures are also used by models directly in game, for example dynamic LOD. Hover the mouse pointer above the drop downs for more info.

Typically instructions or manuals explains only the things that need to be done and not all the possible things that should not be done. 

Edited by sheson

By the way, I done one experiment and find that it's the working way to hide that ugly black bezels on tree LOD:

[spoiler=Picture]

zyNaQG.jpg

Alpha-Channel stays the same. Background color applied depends only on existing alpha.

Reason of this black bezels is black atlas background. It would be good, if you add a feature to generate tree atlases with correct background, like in TES5LODGen Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards (wherefrom I took these colors).

[spoiler=Full screenshots]

Black BG:

UZz23i.jpg

Colored BG:

NhT8PW.jpg

Edited by MaysSson

It would be good, if you add a feature to generate tree atlases with correct background, like in TES5LODGen Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards (wherefrom I took these colors).

Edit DynDOLOD_TES5.ini and set

TreeLODAverageColor=1

TreeLODDiffuseFormat=202

Heya, I must be doing something wrong or something, but I've been following the STEP guide and got to the page for using DynDOLOD. I got to the point where it's saying to run DynDOLOD.exe through MO, I click Run, and it comes back with "The file "DynDOLOD.exe" seems to be corrupt!" I tried seeing if there was anything in the log, but it seems as if it doesn't even run, as there isn't a log. I looked around and couldn't find a solution somewhere (I might just be overthinking/underthinking it), and I don't know what information to supply or anything, and I'm sorry to bother you, but if I could get some assistance, that'd be great.

Edited by frojo

Heya, I must be doing something wrong or something, but I've been following the STEP guide and got to the page for using DynDOLOD. I got to the point where it's saying to run DynDOLOD.exe through MO, I click Run, and it comes back with "The file "DynDOLOD.exe" seems to be corrupt!" I tried seeing if there was anything in the log, but it seems as if it doesn't even run, as there isn't a log. I looked around and couldn't find a solution somewhere (I might just be overthinking/underthinking it), and I don't know what information to supply or anything, and I'm sorry to bother you, but if I could get some assistance, that'd be great.

Basic first troubleshooting steps would be to see if it starts when executed directly without MO.

Then download the latest archive again and unpack it with the latest version of 7zip to make sure the file is no corrupt.

Tried without MO, still comes up with the same message. 

Re-extracted, when I run it in the initial folder I extract it to -without MO- it opens, gets to the point where it says

"Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core folder... (ect)"

Set the executable in MO to the exe in the initial extraction folder and run it, it seems like it's gone through and works.

The issue I'm guessing was that there was some kind of issue with me moving the folder after I had extracted it, or something along those lines.

Thank you for your assistance.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm having an error on this new version. Here are the log files:

https://gofile.io/?c=GrlOuA

Exception in unit process line 87: Can not copy [REFR:02013CD0] (places PlaneMarker [sTAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC1VampireCastleExterior06 [CELL:000018DE] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -43,37)) from Dawnguard.esm into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13947)
Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum for those errors.

FAQ: DynDOLOD.exe: Can not copy xxxx from xxxx.esp into xxx.esp
A: Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer Wrye Bash version to create the patch or do not use the merge patches option. 
A: There is a plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

• 1 month later...

Hey sheson, first thank you for your continued work on DynDOLOD and xLODGen!

Maybe you can help me with a minor problem I've ran into. I created new tree billboards for the Soul Cairn and Forgotten Vale, which don't have any billboards at all by default. The billboards work and show up fine, but some trees in the Forgotten Vale are for whatever reason statics, not tree records. An example would be DLC1TreeWinterAspenSnow01 [sTAT:0200CE13]. I also created billboards for those statics plus the appropriate text files, but they won't be recognized by DynDOLOD. If I give those statics the flag "Has Tree LOD" DynDOLOD picks up on them and adds them to the texture atlas (with alpha) but the billboards still don't show up. Is there a way to give those statics billboards without replacing them with actual trees?