Brows (by Hvergelmir)

Hvergelmir

Discussion thread:

Brows by Hvergelmir

Wiki Link

I suppose it was about time I started posting my own mods around here.

Brows by yours truly.

This mod is part of a WIP series I'm in the progress of making called Hvergelmir's Aesthetics which aim to improve vanilla facial textures such as beards, eyebrows, tint masks (makeup), complexion, war paint and so forth all in high resolution (with optional "normal" resolution downloads as well).

All my textures (not limited to this mod) has been optimized with DDSopt and my BSA archives (if available) is always optimized and packed with BSAopt.

Brows looks stunning using ENBseries but should be quite the looker as well without it.

These look really great in game. The screenshots really do them no justice.

It's the normal map adding the light, detail and realism. It is nearly impossible to showcase that in an image with the exception of maybe doing animated .gifs - even then I doubt that kind if images would do the brows justice. As always, I recommend checking out my textures in game to judge.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post / bump. It am just interested in the opinions of this mod over other eyebrow mods? I may have lost the discussion / comparison in the change log? Anyway, with fear of sounding just a tiny bit over confident, I'd dare say these brow textures are among the best out there available that still keep the look of vanilla eye brows, but look much better.

Opinions?

I think the quality is so much superior to any other brows that we don't have much to discuss about it.

Only think I don't like now is hairs, where on earth we gonna find fine hairs to match these awesome beards and brows?

Wait, maybe Hvergelmir will make some for us x)

I think the quality is so much superior to any other brows that we don't have much to discuss about it.

Only think I don't like now is hairs, where on earth we gonna find fine hairs to match these awesome beards and brows?

This is a big issue. I don't like most of the hair texture replacers out there.

There's no reason to even indirectly ask for it. That has already been covered in the mod description of Beards and Brows that I intend to also do hair textures at one point.

I'd like some opinions on whether or not Brows would be a note worthy entry for next version of STEP, and if too late, the one after it.

For me it is.

I am using it already, I mostly follow Neo's guide.

Those two are already in that one and I prefer yours over HQ versions.

Would love to see what you do with hairs, cos now we only have AOF that kinda goes a bit the right way.

And apachii is nice but it is not it and for me gives CTD's and most of them dont fit good enough on the head of the body and face mod I use.

While the standards do (AOF too)

There's no reason to even indirectly ask for it. That has already been covered in the mod description of Beards and Brows that I intend to also do hair textures at one point.

I'd like some opinions on whether or not Brows would be a note worthy entry for next version of STEP, and if too late, the one after it.

My personal opinion is your aesthetics series so far is amazing and I won't play without. I know this version of STEP is locked down but honestly think it will be a staple in the next one. (Pending updated comparison screens to existing STEP being submitted by someone eventually)

Can't wait to see more.

My personal opinion is your aesthetics series so far is amazing and I won't play without. I know this version of STEP is locked down but honestly think it will be a staple in the next one. (Pending comparison screens to existing STEP being submitted by someone eventually)

Can't wait to see more.

Actually rpsgc actually posted some in the change log for both Brows and Beards just recently. I can't say that I personally like this comparison as the screenshots doesn't do the textures of any of the mods justice. I am aware for comparison reasons they must be compared without ENB and AA, but that unfortunately only do more harm than good. (especially on Beards as AA quickly becomes a necessity here). I am compelled to do my own comparison screenshots for both mods against my own will and morale with better close ups and detail.