Open Cities and SR:LE Extended LOTD - has anyone ever attempted it?

First time poster here.

I recently decided to follow the SR:LE ELOTD guide but this time around I really wanted to have an Open Cities (OCS) playthrough. I understand that OCS has some compatibility issues but I'm not really sure what's really defined as 'incompatible' when it comes to OCS. 

Doing a forum search for 'Open Cities' all I've gotten was this:

Open cities is nice but it's a compatibility challenge for some mods. Most of the city overhauls have compatibility patches for the mod but some dont. But for example if a mod you install places an item into the city worldspace you wont be able to see it only if you enter that worldspace and not in the Open Cities one. There are hidden "portals" to enter those from within Open Cities but i think it's not immersive. Anyway it's up to you if you want to go the trouble. For me the loading into cities is not an issue.

I've found an OCS patch page but it hasn't been updated in years. I would give up on OCS but the concept of OCS is something that, I believe, every TES player would want to have. The questions I have are:

1) Has anyone in these forums attempted to add OCS to SR:LE ELOTD?

2) If so, was it very difficult?

3) If I had to make compatibility patches for OCS, what would be the fastest way to identify what needed to be patched (I'm assuming through xEdit)? 

Thanks for reading and I hope to maybe get something started for those that share my interests.

I had found the near-perfect combination of Immersive Citizens AI and OCS with Dawn of Skyrim (Original) and Arthmoor's villages (minus Darkwater Crossing) but compatibility could be a nightmare. I'm not sure if it's worth the work - although I enjoy modding my game I'm a below-amateur-grade Skyrim modder. If compatibility is simply a few xEdit modifications, however, I would definitely try to make OCS work with SR:LE ELOTD.

Hopefully I could get in contact with the mod author who was working on making these patches to begin with.

Edited by SIMONTOYOU

I had found the near-perfect combination of Immersive Citizens AI and OCS with Dawn of Skyrim (Original) and Arthmoor's villages (minus Darkwater Crossing) but compatibility could be a nightmare. I'm not sure if it's worth the work - although I enjoy modding my game I'm a below-amateur-grade Skyrim modder. If compatibility is simply a few xEdit modifications, however, I would definitely try to make OCS work with SR:LE ELOTD.

Hopefully I could get in contact with the mod author who was working on making these patches to begin with.

Hishy has a script for automating the creation of OCS patches but you need to have an understanding of what's going on in order to correct anything it gets incorrect.

OCS patching is easy and pretty straight forward. I may revisit the script in the future but no promises.

Generally speaking, an OCS patch is moving all the refs in the city worldspace into the tamriel worldspace.

Of course, there is a bit more to it than that.

OCS doesn't create instability, Skyrim just runs like **** with so many refs on screen.