Exception in unit userscript line 305

uncleseano

Question

Mod List

I've done this a good few times in the past so it's nothing new to me but since I've updated to the latest version it breaks down for me when running DyndoLod64.exe

The last few lines are seem to be breaking on the Alikir Desert in the Grey Cowl of Noturnal

Any advice?

Here's my log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2rt0n73ma274sg/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks guys (and mr Mator)

I think this actually is a veri niche crash with a very funny background.

I obviously have it too, that's why I'm replying.

At first I thought that Gray Cowl was the problem since it's the last thing shown in the log.

But when I ran Dyndolod WITHOUT Hybrid Trees, everything worked.

Comparing the logs, I could see why:

The next step that is done after the

Reading Large Reference Data for mannyGFDesert "Alik'r Desert" [WRLD:08200000]

line is that Dyndolod checks the log files of Lodgen to see if everything worked alright.

BUT - when running Dyndolod with hybrid trees, the Tamriel worldspace takes so long that lodgen is not finished for it when dyndolod wants to check its log.

The log is still empty then, which I suspect to be the cause of the crash. Lodgen is still running fine at that point, and waiting a few more minutes it finishes without errors, but sadly after Dyndolod tried to check its log.

This error occured on multiple tries, always at the same point in Dyndolod, and Lodgen was always still running for the tamriel worldspace.

Thanks for checking this!

Extra info: using Dyndolod v2.32 for SSE

and tons of high resolution mods, massive worldspace mods like Bruma, and Beyond Reach, etc.

I have no idea. I'm also still stuck with the error, and my post above is only a suspicion. My point is that running Dyndolod without 3d trees and the same load order works just fine. The lines are also in the log,  but no crash appears then. The NEXT thing that happens is a check for the Lodgen logs (at least that's what's the dyndolod log says). And that log can't be checked in my crash case since the file is still empty because lodgen is not finished with the tamriel worldspace yet.

Basically, my suspicion is that Dyndolod is TOO FAST in comparison to Lodgen.

Well what ya think Mator?

I have a few errors in my L.O but nothing that stopped me before (Read: Enai's mods)

I keep a clean ship so what be fixed is, also I tried using the experimental dyndo.exe but I still get the same error.

I didn't have this issue with the earlier releases though my L.O has changed a lil bit

Well what ya think Mator?

I have a few errors in my L.O but nothing that stopped me before (Read: Enai's mods)

I keep a clean ship so what be fixed is, also I tried using the experimental dyndo.exe but I still get the same error.

I didn't have this issue with the earlier releases though my L.O has changed a lil bit

Who, me?

It's Sheson's code, so I don't have much to say.  What's on line 305 in the userscript unit?  If we can answer that we can start to figure out what the problem is.

Edited by Mator

Make sure none of the plugins has errors in xEdit.

Download the test version and simply replace the exe ..DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe

Set Debug=1 in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Then run the problematic worldspace - DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" - only again. The test version should produce a somewhat better error message at the critical point just above the "Checking for esp overwriting large references causing LOD flicker" log entries.

If it manages to print a form id check that record for anomalies and/or check the plugin for errors in xEdit, etc. If it is a plugin from a mod available for download let me know.

Post the log.

Edited by sheson

That ran perfectly (Saying it completed Successully) so I guess that DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" is not the issue (I'm prolly way wrong). There were no errors

I even ran it with just the Grey Cowls of Nocturnals worlds loaded (I was sure that was the issue but it still completed successfully)

So after that I ran my whole list and it magically worked?

Did you changed something from the last experimental build from 3 days ago?

About the only thing I changed was a few edits in Royal Armoury as the scripts were causing CTDs in the later game so I've no idea why this suddenly worked?

It's not that specific worldspace. I had the error happen 3 or 4 times. Always with different worldspaces (last one was dayspring canyon from dawnguard I think), and the last line was always that Gray Cowl thing. But still, I for myself only have this happening when generating the 3d trees.

Oh, and this is line 305:

fExport := LODGenExportWorldspaceEnd(LODGenWorld, sWorld, sExport, fExport, slExport, slExportAltTextures, slCache, olEDIDFormID, olXCLCCache);

that function LODGenExport... is declared in the obsolete script it seems (which is not imported anymore). At least that's the only other file Ultrasearch found it in.

€dit: This time it seems to work alright. Tamriel worldspace finished just a few seconds beofre the log check and Dyndolod waits for Lodgen64 to finishe falskaar.

Edited by Shad0wlife

It is still the same test version from the other post. If it works for you, then just set debug=0 and everything is working as it supposed to.

@Shad0wlife - you are most likely looking at a worldspace reported by another unrelated thread at the end of the log long past where the error actually happened.

For this particular case you need to scroll up and find "Update static LOD data for ..." and check the line right above it "Reading Large Reference Data for ..." to find out which worldspace needs to be tested again.

In case of the logs uploaded by uncleseano, the exception happens when it is doing "Reading Large Reference Data for DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800]" and "Update static LOD data for 3083 large references"

If the next few lines are empty and then show "Checking for esp overwriting large references causing LOD flicker", it means it did not complete the "Update static LOD data for ..." thread and the exception reported happened right there.

In normal operation it should be followed by "Saving objects LOD data to ..."

Yes, I am. But why did my lodgen with the EXACT same load order and the new executable work then? I guess I'll have to do some testing with the old executable again later, but each run of dyndolod takes about 20 minutes for me (on a i7 6700k, mostly at 100% cpu load - props to a well multithreaded software here!).

Also - could you give me a source for the problems with Royal Armoury? I'd like to read about them a bit, because my game keeps crashing as soon as my char gets up from the chopping block and I don't think it's script based as only some thieves guild and dark brotherhood quest scripts are overwritten. (Yes I know, this is the wromg place for this, I'll stop now.)

I will report back with my findings later after running dyndolod some more times and potentially replicating the crash.

Edit from other PC after checking my backupped logs from the beginning:

The first crash happened with the last worldspace being

[00:05:25.010]	    Reading Large Reference Data for arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:09000D62]
[00:05:25.024]	        Update static LOD data for 0 large references

The 2nd time it was with

[00:01:57.663]	    Reading Large Reference Data for Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]
[00:02:05.771]	        Update static LOD data for 34801 large references

--- Insert 2nd Edit ---

found one more crash that wasn't deleted from the current log (the run before the successful one was still in the log)

Crash location here was:

[00:15:14.257]	    Reading Large Reference Data for DLC1HunterHQWorld "Dayspring Canyon" [WRLD:02001DB8]
[00:15:14.344]	        Update static LOD data for 144 large references

--- End insert edit---

I sadly forgot to back up the logs of the following cases of the crash. But if I can reproduce it again, I'll post where it happens then.

Edited by Shad0wlife

Additional info (couldn't edit anymore):

With the last crash (but also in the other cases) there was much more stuff that's not in unlceseano's log.

---

Crash location here was:

[00:15:14.257]     Reading Large Reference Data for DLC1HunterHQWorld "Dayspring Canyon" [WRLD:02001DB8]
[00:15:14.344]     Update static LOD data for 144 large references

But after those lines, I always get the warnings for deleted references like this:

[00:15:14.371]    Deleted references were found.
[00:15:14.371]    
[00:15:14.371]    Below is a list the plugin names and the references:
[00:15:14.371]    
[00:15:14.371]     Update.esm [REFR:0010FB55] (places FXRapids02 [MSTT:00106A1D] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000BCB9] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 32,-23))
[...]

and then

[00:15:14.383]    References with z height = 0.0 were ignored by DynDOLOD.
[...]

and then

[00:15:41.031]    Missing models were ignored by DynDOLOD.
[00:15:41.031]    
[00:15:41.031]    References using base records with missing models can cause CTD.
[00:15:41.031]    Below is a list of base records with missing models which are used by references:
[...]

which is Bruma's missing models only.

Only after that comes the section

[00:15:41.032]    Checking for esp overwriting large references causing LOD flicker
[00:15:41.032]     Reading Large Reference Data for Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]
[...]

which is followed by the thousands of large references.

Yes, I know I have to clean my DLC masters (they are the most of the deleted references).