Forum Software Campaign

TechAngel85

I might be misunderstanding the $400+, but shouldn't it be $500+....? Unless you're saying we've exceeded target by $400, therefore raised over $600...?

I just updated it as soon as I could and that was what my fingers hit...half asleep still. I will have an actual count as soon as Z can total everything up. Currently the donations go into his account. We'll be changing that in the future so that all admin have access to this information.

Has STEP been receiving sufficient donations to cover the cost of hosting or is staff still covering the hosting costs out of pocket?

Yes, we've been getting enough support to stay afloat. Though costs are about to go up for a few months as we're working with the dev server, therefore the overage from the campaign is appreciated.

I usually respond personally to all donators via email, but we have 46 donations, and I ache at the thought of doing so for the rest of the evening, so I will say:

THANK YOU all for donating to the campaign!

Total campaign donations: $1,508.41

We now have $ to purchase the forum software and begin purchase of the production and dev server space that we need to facilitate team development! We will keep the community updated as to progress and expenses under the new setup in order to estimate how long this will keep us going ... long time!

I will leave it to Tech to update the OP!

PS: we had 7 VERY generous donations (single donation >= $50) ... to those folks, I will respond personally, as these amounts constitute eligibility for peer recognition by way of our "Contributors" group here on the forums ;)

Thanks again!

Archived