Realistic Lighting Overhaul (by The Realistic Lighting Team)

Kelmych

ELFX, the last time I check (which was a good while ago), did not have the same "standards" or "views" rather on realism (should as having light sources that created "spotlights"). That is why I've stuck with RLO for so long. Their sense of realism matches up with my own pretty darn well. :thumbsup:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to note that if a mod's coverage is complete, then it is "finished" and does not need to be updated.

I advocate artists and modders that STOP by leaving well enough alone. I have seen too many great works of art ruined by too many edits/changes.

Neither RLO nor ELFX are anywhere near full coverage, but ELFX is improving in that matter, whereas RLO stands still.

ELFX, the last time I check (which was a good while ago), did not have the same "standards" or "views" rather on realism (should as having light sources that created "spotlights"). That is why I've stuck with RLO for so long. Their sense of realism matches up with my own pretty darn well. :thumbsup:

Not sure on that, I did not really spot anything out of place when playing with ELFX, but saying that I'm only level 8 in this new playthrough.

This is why I have not really been interested in most of the lighting mods ... they are not 100% coverage.

Just saying that updates for the sake of newness is just silly IMO (because some people will view your previous statements that way) ... I am sure that you are not one of those update-happy nonsensical types ;)

This is why I have not really been interested in most of the lighting mods ... they are not 100% coverage.

Just saying that updates for the sake of newness is just silly IMO (because some people will view your previous statements that way) ... I am sure that you are not one of those update-happy nonsensical types ;)

I actually wish every single mod would just be done. I hate updating. Everytime I check a mod and it's been updated I curse under my breath because that means I have to reinstall it. Boris and his ENB updates are driving me crazy. 0200 worked great for me. Then he came out with 0201. That was fine, now it's 0202 but apparently 0202 isn't that good so he suggests we stay with 0201 until 0203 comes out and blah bah blah :(

ELFX' date=' the last time I check (which was a good while ago)' date=' did not have the same "standards" or "views" rather on realism (should as having light sources that created "spotlights"). That is why I've stuck with RLO for so long. Their sense of realism matches up with my own pretty darn well. :thumbsup:[/quote'']

Not sure on that, I did not really spot anything out of place when playing with ELFX, but saying that I'm only level 8 in this new playthrough.

I'll have to test! :)

I could be wrong' date=' but it appeared to me that ELFX handles dungeon lighting very well in terms of darkness and shadows. This is built into ELFX whereas for RLO, you have to use the added darker dungeons esp which didn't work too well and is quite oudated. [/quote']

I agree, but this is also being replaced in the next release with a proper solution. The optional was always meant to be a "quick and temporary fix" for the dungeons.

ELFX' date=' the last time I check (which was a good while ago)' date=' did not have the same "standards" or "views" rather on realism (should as having light sources that created "spotlights"). That is why I've stuck with RLO for so long. Their sense of realism matches up with my own pretty darn well. :thumbsup:[/quote'']

I could be wrong' date=' but it appeared to me that ELFX handles dungeon lighting very well in terms of darkness and shadows. This is built into ELFX whereas for RLO, you have to use the added darker dungeons esp which didn't work too well and is quite oudated. [/quote']

I agree, but this is also being replaced in the next release with a proper solution. The optional was always meant to be a "quick and temporary fix" for the dungeons

What ever happened to RCRN? I never hear anyone talk about that anymore. 

I am not a fan of constant updates, I usually refrain from updating, unless it's a major one. When one like that comes out, I then spend a day updating majority of other mods (I only leave the ones that received small, not significant updates. I check every single ESP for conflicts in T5E and create my own custom patches - this is due to the fact that I use circa 400 mods and want to ensure compatibility... It's became a hobby of mine in fact, I find it very relaxing for some reason...

Sacrifice one day in a month or two months for a proper update is not so bad.

Whoa, suddenly comments.

RLO has had updates, but I didn't update the version as the new thing I'm working on isn't finished yet. Remember the weathers from Realistic Lighting with Customization? Well, I'm re-making weathers ad Sydney666 has returned for some light modding as well and is helping me with simple bits in the weathers.

Current weathers version is Release-Candidate 2, and RC3 is close to being done (Just a few more checks when I stop being so dang lazy :P ). Main thing with RC3 is lowered saturation. I liked the saturated look, but Sydney noted that everything was starting to look too colourful, and there was at least one or two comments about how colourful everything was, and in comparison images, they are completely right. So, next release's main thing is the reduction of saturation.

Sydney also wants to do more which will add about 500 new weathers. Although my personal opinion is that it's a bit much for weathers. As while the feature is nice, it will go largely unnoticed by the average-above average user.

I also switched from RLO to ELFX after the previous major update to ELFX. Main reason was... it has proper window lighting.

Palace of the kings in windhelm showed it all to me.

However ELFX does have a bit.... too extreme spot light use.

However nothing that ENB cannot fix! The vital point is that the light source is actually there, and that their intensity is somewhat uniform.

One thing I miss from RLO is the color choice.... ELFX is just a bit too yellow. Even ENB cannot really fix it since curves also alter how bright something becomes so the only option would be CK or Tes5editing all light color values.

As for weathers... I am going to try it out when it hits... might be easier to adjust then CoT is for ENB. There are just a few way too extreme weathers in there.

Also people should really stop saying 500 weathers... since I am 100% sure you do not add 500 unique weatherID´s... rather a few with different cloud combinations which then add up.

I know it is semantics but it really is a bit misleading imo! :)

I honestly have no idea myself.... We had team members that were assigned various jobs, and in the end, only myself and Sydney were the ones doing any work. We have Deathneko returning from his disappearance (Real life took a **** on him, but he's fixing things and getting better), and I'll be continuing weathers with Sydney's support and involvement. I still have to run the suggestion by him that doing the added weathers is a bit overkill.

Deathneko will begin work on Minor Cities Interiors when he's ready and has time for modding. I may do a quick file update, cleaned with the latest version of TES5Edit soon (Will be 4.0.7d). But as for now, nobody has any solid dates on anything because of the instability of team members' current lives.

I agree, but this is also being replaced in the next release with a proper solution. The optional was always meant to be a "quick and temporary fix" for the dungeons

What ever happened to RCRN? I never hear anyone talk about that anymore. 

RCRN...got lost in the wind I think. Haha! I never hear anything about it anymore. I stopped using it ages ago because too many "big name" mods weren't compatible with it, which I think is one of their major downfalls because all the "big namers" make their mods compatible with each other. (CoT, RLO, ENBs, ELFX, etc etc)

I honestly have no idea myself.... We had team members that were assigned various jobs' date=' and in the end, only myself and Sydney were the ones doing any work. We have Deathneko returning from his disappearance (Real life took a **** on him, but he's fixing things and getting better), and I'll be continuing weathers with Sydney's support and involvement. I still have to run the suggestion by him that doing the added weathers is a bit overkill.

Deathneko will begin work on Minor Cities Interiors when he's ready and has time for modding. I may do a quick file update, cleaned with the latest version of TES5Edit soon (Will be 4.0.7d). But as for now, nobody has any solid dates on anything because of the instability of team members' current lives.[/quote']

Sounds very similar to the STEP Team for the past several months.