Realistic Lighting Overhaul (by The Realistic Lighting Team)

Kelmych

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros/cons of RLO vs. Enhanced Lights & FX?

Night and Day?

They may do the same things, but they are completely separate mods and there was a reason that RLO stopped supporting EL&FX compatibility patches. RLO is superior in my opinion when it comes to realistic lighting and performance.

I think the nights are too bright. Some of the interiors don't have enough contrast in them' date=' a bit to well lit. Otherwise I really enjoy it. Some of the falmer caves I have visited look really nice.[/quote']

It's all about monitor calibration and other light sources in the room you are playing. And honestly, during clear nights visibility is pretty good.

I think the nights are too bright. Some of the interiors don't have enough contrast in them' date=' a bit to well lit. Otherwise I really enjoy it. Some of the falmer caves I have visited look really nice.[/quote']

Exterior weathers are unedited, but I'm working on them.

Hello! This is Daemonui from the Nexus.

Just to let people know, but I am currently modding weathers back into Realistic Lighting.

Awesome! How will it compare to CoT v3?

Well, right now, I do not have any cloud textures to compare to CoT. And it's edits of the vanilla weather, where CoT replaces the Vanilla weather with it's own.

Colour and lighting-wise, I think/hope I might give CoT some impressive competition.

Hi DaemonWhite. Send a PM on Nexus to Farlo and you'll get our nice Mod Author badge :)

Better send to me and Farlo on the Nexus as standard practice. Farlo is swamped with academic responsibilities intermittently.

Okay, I'll search you up then. Ah, academic responsibilities. I'm guessing college, or University then? I'm going through College for 3D animation and Game Design.

Along with RLO, I've been the main editor and keeper of Better Forests and Environments https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10144 (Originally started by 3Amt, owner of The Joy of Perspective aka "Real 1st Person View" https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6002 )

The only other real mod I have is Castle Brennenburgh https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13965 It's an attempt at bringing Amnesia: The Dark Descent into Skyrim. I wouldn't look to far into it, it's mainly an atmospheric showcase that I did, although I will most likely return to editing it in the future. Maybe doing a complete re-write of the lighting and enemies.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be the wrong place, but it has to do with RLO and an issue I'm having. I had everything working perfectly and it looked great. Last night I had an issue with my hard drive and had to get a new one. So, I reinstalled everything from scratch. I used the exact same mods in the exact same install and load order. It appears that RLO is not working at all. I switched to my vanilla profile, copied it, added Just RLO and it still makes no difference in the lighting anywhere. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2