Not looking realistic

Razernok

Question

• Answers 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Welcome Unreal.

Some of those screenshots are certainly interesting. If you get your mods/presets to a state you're happy with and release them, do let us know.

Thanks =)

I'll only release the grass mod and enb preset with some tweaked weathers, but when they're finished.

There isn't nothing special on them, as ive stated, there are some similar grass mods and "my" ENB preset is only Opethefeldt's one with some minor tweak.

Hey Unreal! Nice to see you! We get this issue pop up from time to time but this is the first one that has said "STEP can do this". :teehee:

I know :P , i usually read this forum because as i said, i get some visitors from here but i can't answer all the questions from every web/forum that uses my screenshots and that's why i wrote "Skyrim Mods" for my blog.

Some people try to mod Skyrim like i do and they think i only use the mods from STEP or the mods from my list, i know my english sucks (im spanish) but i tried to explain it many times and i don't know why some don't understand me.

I think many people don't realise that the right ENB config for taking beautiful and/or interesting screenshots will most likely not be the preferred one for playing the game.

And it's more than achievable to reproduce the quality similar to the video linked to by the OP, using full STEP and a few tweaks.

I think many people don't realise that the right ENB config for taking beautiful and/or interesting screenshots will most likely not be the preferred one for playing the game.

Of course, im more interested in screenshots than gameplay and it's also easier to tweak for this.

Thanks =)

I'll only release the grass mod and enb preset with some tweaked weathers, but when they're finished.

There isn't nothing special on them, as ive stated, there are some similar grass mods and "my" ENB preset is only Opethefeldt's one with some minor tweak.

It's your tweaked weathers and SweetFX setup that interest me most.  You seem to have sunny days looking very good through ENB, which I have found hard to achieve.

I've installed the mods several times in the exact order as on the guide and it still looks like crap. I'm starting to think you need to select better mods for the various graphics. The default ones in this guide are very weak.

If you think it looks like crap, then by all means don't use STEP. Our 3200+ endorsements and 153,000+ unique downloads would disagree with you. However, if you see that it's better than vanilla Skyrim, then STEP is doing it's job. If you haven't, you need to read this entire thread as we have suggested several things that would improve the look of your game. Turning up settings, installing an ENB, using a lighting mod, etc.

Posted Image Posted Image

If you say these shots, which are from my setup with 2.2.1, look like crap, then I think you are playing the wrong game or need some more experience in modding.

I'm starting to think you need to select better mods for the various graphics.

The texture mods used in STEP are pretty much the highest quality available and if you don't like them then you might as well stop modding because Skyrim will never look good to you. One thing you definitely won't get with STEP is the "glamorous" men/women. Those mods are not lore-friendly and are thus not included. You'll have to do your own research for those.

I installed all the mods in the correct order, did my settings and ini changes correctly, and installed ENB. still looks like crap.

I think this forum is not the best place for you, since you can't provide any constructive feedback, not to mention that you're rude and thick as hell.

I installed all the mods in the correct order' date=' did my settings and ini changes correctly, and installed ENB. still looks like crap.

Do you not realize that Skyrim's engine was built on Windows XP era technology? You're not going to have a beautiful, glamorous game like you get with newer games. As JudgementJay said, that's as good as you're going to get. If you don't like it, you should consider moving on from Skyrim and wait for Elder Scrolls VI to come out.

The only major differences in his screenshots are the ENB, a grass density mod, and the grass textures which are custom and unreleased. I'm sure a vast majority of his textures are very similar to STEP.

Oh, and he also uses the the aforementioned "glamor" mods that make males and females look like supermodels.

Also worth mentioning is that if you're hoping for your game to both look like his and be playable you're going to be very disappointed.

This is what I want it to look like and was told that STEP can do it:

Where did you read that? :><:>

As i said:

1.1.17 I can't get the same aspect as your screenshots/videos, why?

Because you need ALL the mods i used for each screenshot/video scene and of course, the SAME ENB preset.

I recommend STEP because has lots of recommended mods for beginners, that's all.

I didn't say i only used the mods from that guide, i wrote a small list with more mods but as i also said, i have around 1000 mods and i change/mix the mods for almost each screenshot so you can't get the same aspect as ALL my screenshot with only ONE MIX OF MODS.

So read STEP, try some mods from my list and make your own mix.

PD: i've just registered because i saw many visits from this thread to my blog :P

Welcome Unreal.

Some of those screenshots are certainly interesting. If you get your mods/presets to a state you're happy with and release them, do let us know.

Thanks =)

Hey Unreal! Nice to see you! We get this issue pop up from time to time but this is the first one that has said "STEP can do this". :teehee:

I know :P , i usually read this forum because as i said, i get some visitors from here but i can't answer all the questions from every web/forum that uses my screenshots and that's why i wrote "Skyrim Mods" for my blog.

Some people try to mod Skyrim like i do and they think i only use the mods from STEP or the mods from my list, i know my english sucks (im spanish) but i tried to explain it many times and i don't know why some don't understand me.

Unreal has already proven that you can make the game look very real with the right mods. Step must not be using the right mods in order to achieve this.

You are not paying attention. I asked for you do read the entire thread. Unreal, himself, has addressed your issues. Enough said.

@MontyMM

Awesome shots!