Skyrim Creation Club Beta, Survival Mode

CovertSlinky

As I mentioned, the if it's not Chesko, then whoever developed this ripped the ideas straight from mods like Frostfall, Campfire, iNeed, and a winter overhaul mod. If so, this might as well be Bethesda/developers taking from the modding community, altering a few things, and selling it for profit instead of coming up with their own ideas.

Good ol'Sims. I have the entire Sims 2 collection on Origins. Got it from an On The House. Haven't played it once. Haha! Though I used to play it back in the day. I actually own quite a few games that I've never played.

I mean I was being just cautious in saying 'seems highly likely'...

Chesko released Last Seed just a month or two before the CC was announced.  He has consistently been a really active modder, had Last Seed brewing for a couple years, releases it, calling it a beta... and hasn't been heard from since.  

Now this Survival mod for CC that has features directly from Frostfall & Last Seed, with a couple additions and a little simplification... 

As I mentioned, the if it's not Chesko, then whoever developed this ripped the ideas straight from mods like Frostfall, Campfire, iNeed, and a winter overhaul mod. If so, this might as well be Bethesda/developers taking from the modding community, altering a few things, and selling it for profit instead of coming up with their own ideas.

Under the CK EULA, Bethesda have been granted a right to use said mod anyway:

"You automatically grant to Bethesda Softworks the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, sublicensable right and license under all applicable copyrights and intellectual property rights laws to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, perform, display, distribute and otherwise exploit and/or dispose of the New Materials (or any part of the New Materials) in any way Bethesda Softworks, or its respective designee(s), sees fit."

While I don't agree that it's taking from the modding community, it doesn't make it any less palatable.

Under the CK EULA, Bethesda have been granted a right to use said mod anyway:

"You automatically grant to Bethesda Softworks the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, sublicensable right and license under all applicable copyrights and intellectual property rights laws to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, perform, display, distribute and otherwise exploit and/or dispose of the New Materials (or any part of the New Materials) in any way Bethesda Softworks, or its respective designee(s), sees fit."

While I don't agree that it's taking from the modding community, it doesn't make it any less palatable.

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up what I was getting at. The EULA allows this and, if it's not Chesko, it'll be the first time we're seeing them taking action on it. If they are doing it, I know a few modders who's attitudes will likely are going to go through the roof.

I opted in to the beta but haven't played it yet. Might try it this evening. Here's a first impression from someone:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6027068-survival-mode-thoughts/

Another Bethesda facepalm moment however: it costs $8, but you can only buy credits packs for $7.50 and $15... :clap:

Would free up a couple of esp slots, no...?

Greed my friend. Greed!