Mod Organizer Can't Run any FOMOD installer

TheFerries

Question

So yeah this is quite a problem, so im following the STEP guide for fallout new vegas (Fear and Loathing) and everything was going fine until the point where I have to install Project Nevada

Everytime I tried to run the FOMOD installer, I just could not run it, it always gives the same error after it tries to load the fomod installer

I've attached a pic.
Incase you can't see the pic, the error says "The Type initializer for "SevenZip.SevenZipLibraryManager" Threw an Exception", then it says "installation Failed (errorcode 5)"

And it happens with every FOMOD installer, like the Flashlight mod and User Interface Organizer

At first i tought it was Winrar (cus it said Sevenzip) so i uninstalled and decided to install 7z, but nope, it fixed nothing
Later I decided to install them manually.. and everything was going well, until I reached Fallout Character Overhaul, and that is a whole different beast to treat manually!

So yeah, I Need help here

Any way to fix this?

post-11990-0-11123100-1509260556_thumb.png

Edited by TheFerries

6 answers to this question

Double post!

And a little update, so somebody had this problem and tannin send a link about this same error, but in Fallout Mod Manager, where karbuke gave a solution:

https://sourceforge.net/p/fomm/discussion/999686/thread/35b4171a/

but i'll be blunt, Since i have next to no knowledge about .net (apart from installing it), I dont know what to exactly do!

In essence the discussion is about doing a repair on the effect .net installs. You may be able to open up program manager and select the effected .net installs and choose repair and see if that helps your issue or you could follow the directions from Microsoft, From an elevated command prompt run the following:

In the meantime, you should be able repair your install by running:
"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\ServiceModelReg.exe" /r /x
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\WFServicesReg.exe /c

Each line is it's own command, Hope that helps

Thanks for the help, sadly its giving me another problem with the 2 commands

On the first command its giving me an error and telling me that: Web.Config. does not exists
and on the second command its telling me that: Machine.Config. does not exist

Since .Net framework 3.0 and 3.5 uses the configs from 2.0
when I see the config folder for 2.0 i have the following files (in the image attached):

As you can see I Have:

Web.config.default
Machine.config.default

But not the ones that the Commands are asking for.
Is there like, Any way to create the Web.Config and Machine.config file?

post-11990-0-60428000-1509476281_thumb.png

Edited by TheFerries

You should have both machine.config and web.config in %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG. If this is the folder you took the screenshot from, you might try running a repair of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5 to see if this fixes the issue.

The screenshot shows that folder indeed

I tried of course running the Framework 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 installer, but since this is Windows 7, it doesnt work cus all those frameworks already comes with windows 7

Also ran the sfc /scannow command, and while it did fix some stuff the machine.config and web.config files are still missing