ESC menu, containers not working

So i've encountered an unusual problem. When I leave vault 101 there is a point where once a walk past the game essentially breaks. Containers will animate when interacted with but not actually open, and the esc menu won't come up. These things all work inside Vault 101 and about 10' outside of it. Once I walk further away then that the problems arise. Also there is a cluster of red and white exclamation marks (missing textures i think) in the Springvale playground that I can see. Any suggestions for where to start would be appreciated.

Edited by Snakes_Militia

Red Exclamation marks indicate that a model (mesh file) is missing. This can happen if the some of the mesh files don't get loaded correctly during installation.

There are not very many mods that change the Springvale playground. Did you try using the console and clicking on the exclamation mark to see which mod owns the missing model; the first two characters of the 8 character FormID are the plugin index for the mod that owns the model? It can be tricky sometimes when clicking on the exclamation point since it is so big and clicking on some parts of it doesn't provide the proper information about the model.

So I ran into the invincible enemy bug, but for whatever reason my game will not launch without CASM.esp now. I made a hard save, I even deleted all of my auto and quick saves, it still crashes on launch. It's definitely CASM though. Check the esp, it launches, uncheck it it crashes. I have no other plugins that are dependent on it, and I even remade my bashed patch. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...