Is it FNIS or MO?

Tomack13

Question

After installing an animation mod I ran FNIS.  This went off without a hitch.  I returned to Mod Organizer and the overwrite tab and created a new mod, naming it FNIS(Generated).  It seams to have excepted this BUT.  No "FNIS(Generated)" file as I labeled it appears in the mod list as it has done in the past.  In searching I do find a "FNIS(Generated) mod in the mod folder located in: C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods.  Also the animations do not work in game now.  I have gotten the same results after running FNIS several times.  Before today I have absolutely no issues like this one.

What am I to do???

14 answers to this question

Next time zip it into an archive or use PasteBin.

All that I can deduce from this is the Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS mod is where the new FNIS output stuff has gone.

Unrelated. You have a lot of unmanaged stuff which indicates mods installed outside of MO. Also a number of mods are named in such a way that requires MO to fudge their names. e.g. Shezrie's Hearthfire Kitchens and Greenhouses which is done to fix the use of apostrophes in your names. As I mentioned before try to avoid the use of extended ASCII in names.

Lastly what is: SKSE (Overwrite)?

None of this is important to finding where your FNIS output has gone, just observations in my part.

If you still have animation issues, remove FNIS completely and install a fresh copy and redo them.

After installing an animation mod I ran FNIS.  This went off without a hitch.  I returned to Mod Organizer and the overwrite tab and created a new mod, naming it FNIS(Generated).  It seams to have excepted this BUT.  No "FNIS(Generated)" file as I labeled it appears in the mod list as it has done in the past.  In searching I do find a "FNIS(Generated) mod in the mod folder located in: C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods.  Also the animations do not work in game now.  I have gotten the same results after running FNIS several times.  Before today I have absolutely no issues like this one.

What am I to do???

In hindsight I thought I should include a copy of the log.

16:41:25 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method

16:41:25 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
16:41:25 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
16:41:25 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
16:41:25 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
16:41:25 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
16:41:25 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name
16:41:25 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve EC_KEY_free
16:41:25 [D] ssl support: 1
16:41:25 [D] Working directory: C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer
16:41:25 [D] MO at: C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer
16:41:25 [D] initializing core
16:41:25 [D] initialize plugins
16:41:25 [D] looking for plugins in C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "bsaExtractor.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "checkFNIS.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "diagnoseBasic.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "gameFallout3.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "gameFalloutNV.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "gameOblivion.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "gameSkyrim.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "iniEditor.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "installerBAIN.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "installerBundle.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "installerFomod.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "installerManual.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "installerNCC.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "installerQuick.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "NMMImport.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "previewBase.dll"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "pyCfg.py"
16:41:25 [D] loaded plugin "proxyPython.dll"
16:41:25 [D] downloads after refresh: 135
16:41:25 [D] game path: C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim
16:41:25 [D] managing game at C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim
16:41:25 [D] setting up configured executables
16:41:25 [D] configured profile: Anila
16:41:25 [D] mod "FNIS(Generated)" (profile "C:/#1 - GAME - STEAM -/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Mod Organizer/profiles/Anila") not found
16:41:25 [D] C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Anila\modlist.txt saved
16:41:25 [D] validating login cookies
16:41:25 [D] initializing tutorials
16:41:25 [D] loaded language en-US
16:41:26 [D] interface Local Area Connection seems to be up (address: fe80::b498:da9b:f250:cc74%12)
16:41:26 [D] displaying main window
16:41:26 [D] retrieving credentials
16:41:26 [D] user is not premium
16:41:28 [D] failed to open C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SKSE\Interface\fontconfig.txt
16:41:29 [D] C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Anila\initweaks.ini saved
16:41:29 [D] C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Anila\plugins.txt saved
16:41:29 [D] C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Anila\loadorder.txt saved
16:41:29 [D] C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Anila\lockedorder.txt saved
16:41:29 [D] C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Anila\archives.txt saved
16:42:38 [D] failed to open C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SKSE\Interface\fontconfig.txt
16:42:50 [D] failed to open C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SKSE\Interface\fontconfig.txt
16:43:05 [D] C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Anila\modlist.txt saved
16:43:08 [D] failed to open C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SKSE\Interface\fontconfig.txt
 [] 

I have to question your use of extended ASCII in your path and file names. C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM - seems like a very bad idea IMO.

It is quite possible that MO or even Windows itself is having difficulties parsing that path name. Likewise FNIS(Generated) may need to be renamed to just FNIS - Output, or similar.

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.  I have taken your lead and tried to create a new mod from the Overwrite and named it "FNIS - (Output)".  It has excepted it and placed it in C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods.  It has done this before but it still does not show up in the mod list on the right side of the page.  Another thing that is strange to me is quite often the Overwrite file on that page is not located at the bottom of the page, as it has been.  It can be found at times half way up.  I will test what I have just done to see if it works in game.  I will let you know what the result is.

I have been using that same path for at least two years with no problem but I suppose things change.  

Thanks for now.

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.  I have taken your lead and tried to create a new mod from the Overwrite and named it "FNIS - (Output)".  It has excepted it and placed it in C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods.  It has done this before but it still does not show up in the mod list on the right side of the page.  Another thing that is strange to me is quite often the Overwrite file on that page is not located at the bottom of the page, as it has been.  It can be found at times half way up.  I will test what I have just done to see if it works in game.  I will let you know what the result is.

I have been using that same path for at least two years with no problem but I suppose things change.  

Thanks for now.

In trying to fly, in game that is.  My character runs in the sky.  this usually happens if I have not run FNIS.

Now I would normally delete the old FNIS(Generated) file and then run FNIS again and create a new one.  Now there is no "FNIS - (Output)" file to delete.  It is in the mods folder.

Not sure what you mean by a FNIS FILE. When you run FNIS there should be a lot of files generated in the 'Overwrite' folder from which you create a new mod via the context menu and that mod is a folder listed in the left-hand pane. You should either delete it and run FNIS again or simply overwrite it with the new FNIS output.

Not sure what you mean by a FNIS FILE. When you run FNIS there should be a lot of files generated in the 'Overwrite' folder from which you create a new mod via the context menu and that mod is a folder listed in the left-hand pane. You should either delete it and run FNIS again or simply overwrite it with the new FNIS output.

I understand this and that is exactly what I do.  When creating the new FNIS output it is not being placed in the mod list on the left side of the page.  It is being placed in the Mod Folder within Mod Organizer located in  C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods.

Edited by Tomack13

C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods is the left-hand pane!

If it's there it is also in MO's left-hand pane. You may need to refresh the pane to make it visible immediately after creation.

I make it a habit to close Mod Organizer and reopen it whenever making changes.  Also refreshing.  I have done this and it is still not here.

Post your logs please.

10:59:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
10:59:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
10:59:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
10:59:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
10:59:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
10:59:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
10:59:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name
10:59:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve EC_KEY_free
10:59:52 [D] ssl support: 1
10:59:52 [D] Working directory: C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer
10:59:52 [D] MO at: C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer
10:59:52 [D] initializing core
10:59:52 [D] initialize plugins
10:59:52 [D] looking for plugins in C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "bsaExtractor.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "checkFNIS.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "diagnoseBasic.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "gameFallout3.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "gameFalloutNV.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "gameOblivion.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "gameSkyrim.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "iniEditor.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "installerBAIN.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "installerBundle.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "installerFomod.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "installerManual.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "installerNCC.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "installerQuick.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "NMMImport.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "previewBase.dll"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "pyCfg.py"
10:59:52 [D] loaded plugin "proxyPython.dll"
10:59:52 [D] downloads after refresh: 135
10:59:52 [D] game path: C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim
10:59:52 [D] managing game at C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim
10:59:52 [D] setting up configured executables
10:59:52 [D] configured profile: Anila
10:59:52 [D] validating login cookies
10:59:52 [D] initializing tutorials
10:59:52 [D] loaded language en-US
10:59:52 [D] interface Local Area Connection seems to be up (address: fe80::b498:da9b:f250:cc74%12)
10:59:53 [D] displaying main window
10:59:53 [D] retrieving credentials
10:59:53 [D] user is not premium
10:59:55 [D] failed to open C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SKSE\Interface\fontconfig.txt
10:59:55 [D] C:\#1 - GAME - STEAM -\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Anila\modlist.txt saved
 [] 

Thanks!

I have made no changes in the names of the mods.  That is how they where downloaded.  The way some people who create mods name mods has always been a wonderment to me.

I have no clue where the SKSE (Overwrite) came from.  

All in all I appreciate your help and knowledge.  I hold Mod Organizer and all of the fine people like yourself whom offer so much help in high asteem.  Thank All of You.

I think at this point I have decided to uninstall everything.  Start from scratch.  Too many things seem to be a little off in my setup at this point.

Thanks Again