DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I installed all the most current prerequisites, however, I keep getting the following errors:

"Dyndolod requires dyndolod plugins version 2.30"

"Requires Papyrus Util64 3.3"

Update papyrus, I had the same today, papyrusutils got updated

I wish it was just that... unfortunately, I have 3.4b the newest version installed (and ran dyndolod after installing) and still get this error :(

The error message indicates that either the PapyrusUtil SE DLL is not updated or loading or because the PapyrusUtil SE scripts are not updated.

There is also a chance that not all SKSE scripts exist in the load order or are outdated.

I am trying to get ultra trees to work. I read a few different guides and they all say the same things. So I did them:

changed dyndolod_sse.ini treelod=0 treefullfallback=1, installed my mods in correct order, ran tex gen with the -sse argument, installed texgenoutput, ran dyndolod with -sse argument hit advanced and here is the issue: The bottom right area is not grayed out. Every guide I go read on how to do this says this area needs to be grayed out for ultra trees to be properly setup. Is the newest version of Dyndolod not graying that section out anymore? I did a 100% fresh install "formatted my hdd, installed windows etc etc..." just 3 hours ago. Papyrus is the new one, MO2 is fresh install, all my mods are the newest cuz fresh install. Not sure why the area is not gray =( 

ps. using ver 2.36 resources and standalone

edit: also if I just leave that area unchecked, select all top left, hit high top right, leave 512 bottom left and hit start....the "save and exit" option pops up when there is still a command promt type window open doing stuff. It was doing some sort of "finished LOD level 4 coord....." stuff. Should I just let that cmd window keep doing its thing BEFORE clicking save and exit? or is it ok to just hit save and exit?

Edited by rogueangel

I am trying to get ultra trees to work. I read a few different guides and they all say the same things. So I did them:

changed dyndolod_sse.ini treelod=0 treefullfallback=1, installed my mods in correct order, ran tex gen with the -sse argument, installed texgenoutput, ran dyndolod with -sse argument hit advanced and here is the issue: The bottom right area is not grayed out. Every guide I go read on how to do this says this area needs to be grayed out for ultra trees to be properly setup. Is the newest version of Dyndolod not graying that section out anymore? I did a 100% fresh install "formatted my hdd, installed windows etc etc..." just 3 hours ago. Papyrus is the new one, MO2 is fresh install, all my mods are the newest cuz fresh install. Not sure why the area is not gray =( 

ps. using ver 2.36 resources and standalone

edit: also if I just leave that area unchecked, select all top left, hit high top right, leave 512 bottom left and hit start....the "save and exit" option pops up when there is still a command promt type window open doing stuff. It was doing some sort of "finished LOD level 4 coord....." stuff. Should I just let that cmd window keep doing its thing BEFORE clicking save and exit? or is it ok to just hit save and exit?

If you are following a third party guide and have problems with it I suggest to ask its author. It seems outdated and not cover the latest beta version.

However, I would rather suggest to carefully read the included manuals instead, including DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html to make sure you fully understand the settings, especially treefullfallback=1 before mindlessly setting it.

2. Open '..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE].ini' in notepad and set TreeLOD=0

This will turn off traditional tree LOD generation in DynDOLOD.exe

So the only checkbox that gets disabled when setting treelod=0 is the checkbox "Generate tree LOD" as that will disable traditional 2D tree LOD generation.

If you wonder about other options, they are explained in DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html and DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html or you can hover the mouse pointer for hints.

I wish it was just that... unfortunately, I have 3.4b the newest version installed (and ran dyndolod after installing) and still get this error :(

Are you launching the game via the SKSE64 executable? And not Skyrim.exe? Trivial mistake, but can sometimes happen inadvertently.

Heya, what's the best way to see which mod is buggering my DynDOLOD run?

Was using the latest DynDOLOD resources but was getting a constant CTD on Windhelm bridge. Once I dropped DynDOLOD it would work fine. Turn on instant reproducable CTD

I thought it was JKs (for some reason) but after re-running DYnDOLOD without JK it would CTD again.

So what's the best way to figure this out? What should I check out?

Heya, what's the best way to see which mod is buggering my DynDOLOD run?

Was using the latest DynDOLOD resources but was getting a constant CTD on Windhelm bridge. Once I dropped DynDOLOD it would work fine. Turn on instant reproducable CTD

I thought it was JKs (for some reason) but after re-running DYnDOLOD without JK it would CTD again.

So what's the best way to figure this out? What should I check out?

Start by checking the log for missing meshes. Then do the debug mode explained in the readme.txt.

Start by checking the log for missing meshes. Then do the debug mode explained in the readme.txt.

Sorry, classic case of RTFM. Since I posted I went over the readme.

With the debugger active I get this in the bottom of my papyrus log

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject < (DA026D5E)>] Disable #5 [Form < (1206CDAD)>] using dyndolod\lod\clutter\candlelanternwithcandle01_dyndolod_lod.nif

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject < (DA026569)>] Disable #5 [Form < (1206CDAF)>] using Effects\FXrapidsFallsLine01.nif

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject < (DA02657F)>] Disable #5 [Form < (1206CDB1)>] using Effects\FxRapidsRingHeavy.nif

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject < (DA0265B1)>] Disable #5 [Form < (1206CDB1)>] using Effects\FxRapidsRingHeavy.nif

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject < (DA027882)>] Disable #5 [Form < (1206CDC2)>] using lod\farmhouse\smith01glow_lod_0.nif

Actually there's tons like that but I'm guessing this is to do with DynDo initilising and not anything to do with a crash?

Sorry, classic case of RTFM. Since I posted I went over the readme.

With the debugger active I get this in the bottom of my papyrus log

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject ] Disable #5 [Form ] using dyndolod\lod\clutter\candlelanternwithcandle01_dyndolod_lod.nif

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject ] Disable #5 [Form ] using Effects\FXrapidsFallsLine01.nif

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject ] Disable #5 [Form ] using Effects\FxRapidsRingHeavy.nif

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject ] Disable #5 [Form ] using Effects\FxRapidsRingHeavy.nif

[04/10/2018 - 12:10:08PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject ] Disable #5 [Form ] using lod\farmhouse\smith01glow_lod_0.nif

Actually there's tons like that but I'm guessing this is to do with DynDo initilising and not anything to do with a crash?

Typically the last line in the papyrus log would would say "Enable" if that nif somehow caused a crash. "Disable" should be fine, as that means the nif was enabled before.

So if those checked do not reveal anything, you can try to remove references from DynDOLOD plugins while trying to only keep the data that causes the problem. (First run game without the esp - if possible - to see if its in ESM which is more likely)

Then remove batches of worldspace data, like all temporary cells, only keeping the persistent cell 00000D74 or vice versa. Do not remove Tamriem_ShesonObject, Tamriel_Minion* or Tamriel_Firstborn, just the *_DynDOLOD_LOD/GLOWLOD/TOWN (TOWN is typically in temp cells only)

Once you narrowed down a reference it should be clear which mod from its EditorID or from the base record / mesh it is using.

Edited by sheson

Well it loads up fine without the .esp

It just says DynDolod.esp not found but still works fine

I gotta do what you say in the .esp as that's the problem

Question time: When you say remove reference from the plugin you mean make a back-up of the .esp and start pulling the data with xEdit from the Dyndolod.esp till I get to the point where it loads up the bridge?

Question time: When you say remove reference from the plugin you mean make a back-up of the .esp and start pulling the data with xEdit from the Dyndolod.esp till I get to the point where it loads up the bridge?

Yes like that, the idea is to remove all data that is not causing a problem. So if it works after removing some data, go back one step and remove something else, so that in the end you hopefully have one single entry left that is still causing the crash.

Edited by sheson

Well I went through all the things That were in worldspace deleting all the things like a madman but in the end it was THIS lil jerk

Not sure why but my Talos statue from No Snow under roof was causing my game to CTD. I restored everything before I started pulling records and bingo, CTD. Removed just that one record from static and BINGO, no CTD

TLDR: I messed around with some .nifs to mash some mod together and missed one. Working fine now plus Talos gets is nice fancy looking snowy shoulders.

Christ, 3 hours for a Talos in the north to have snowy shoulders. Welcome to Skyrim modding eh?