iNeed - Food Water and Sleep Skyrim Special Edition invisible snow patch.

Question

DynDOLOD changes the Activators from iNeed - Extended for some object making them in some cases become invisibile, removing the "Has Distant LOD" tag solves the problem.

3 answers to this question

Interesting that this is supposed to be a problem all of sudden after 3 years of DynDOLOD doing this type of overwrite on Skyrim. I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another new bug related to large references.

I checked a random reference (0006a50e) using that modified ACTI from iNeed and it shows fine in my Skyrim SE.

Something else might be going on in addition for your load order.

Does that happen for a new game or did you update a save game?

It may be a combination with settings on the reference you are not seeing. Check if other references using this ACTI have the same problems. Let me know the reference form id of one that doesn't show.

If it happens for all references I am wondering if you have a mod changing the full model for that ACTI. Unlikely long shot though.

Maybe I need to change setting for iNeed and it only happens related to some scripting of iNeed? Unlikely too, though.

Edited by sheson

I was able to trace this back to a another problem with large references.

Large references only work for STAT and MSTT base records, while iNeed changes Snow Drifts to ACTI by changing the references. This results in the typical large reference texture flicker just for the fact that iNeeds overwrites large references.

Using anything but STAT and MSTT base records also always causes texture flicker, even if all records are added by master files. So technically the large reference bug cause problems twice already.

DynDOLOD sets the Has Distant LOD, because references that do not have Has Distant LOD flag set can load ahead of time in the LOD area if they touch cell borders of loaded cells causing the same type of texture flicker in adjacent cells in Skryim and Skyrim SE with large references turned off.

Setting the Has Distant LOD flag on non STAT/MSTT base records which are used by large references causes the model not be loaded when cells/large reference are attaching , but they load fine for the current area when fast traveling.

Disable/Enable invisible large references through script could be a potential workaround.

For now, DynDOLOD 2.36 beta 6 and newer will not set the Has Distant LOD flag on non STAT/MSTT base records used by overwritten large references.

This means users of iNeed are ****ed twice by the game breaking bugs of Skyrim SE.

1) Large references are overwritten, so there will be texture flicker for every large reference in every cell that has one of those Snow Drifts.

2) If not using large references there will be texture flicker for every Snow Drifts that sits on cell border and load ahead of time, because we can not use the Has Distant LOD flag anymore. This is much fewer objects with problems and might be less noticeably because the LOD for Snow Drifts is organic enough to not share exactly the same 3D spaces/planes like the full models.

Skyrim SE is fubar.

Edited by sheson