Photo

Main Menu has no text, only spinning logo.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NumberXer0

NumberXer0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:51 AM

Hey guys, I need some help here. I've been running a very heavily modded Skyrim over the past few years and it eventually imploded on me. Too much bloat. I decided to come back to it after a year or so. I completely wiped everything and started new, this time following STEP as a base. I've followed all instructions in the guide, but my main menu has no text. I can't start a new game.

I have only STEP mods installed, minus a few changes. Such as a different body mod and a lack of lanterns and fog, because those mods were pulled from the Nexus. All STEP Extended patches installed just fine with no errors, LOOT has zero errors and zero warnings, no dirty edits, loot order is perfect. I also have a bashed patch with zero errors, FNIS and DSR are also both ran and successful with no errors. There doesn't seem to be a single thing wrong, nothing is saying I have a problem. I followed the guide to a T. 

I know it isn't my specs, I run Skyim at the absolute maximum at all times. My rig is well above maximum requirements. I haven't done any extra INI tweaks, nothing that wasn't in the guide. My enblocal.ini is also to guide specifications. I did everything by the books. I did a search and found another post with someone who had this same issue, but it was a while back and no solution was found. At least he never posted it. I have no idea what could be causing this issue, any ideas?

LOOT Load Order

As you can see, I haven't even started putting in my own personal mods. Just the STEP base. I've made sure to re-run LOOT, FNIS, Wyre Bash and Dual Sheath Redux before launching the game, but still no luck. No issues are popping up. SKSE launches, I see the ENB Boost stuff in the upper left corner, the emblem spins and spins, but the menu options never appear. I tried leaving it for a while, tried alt tabbing, nothing seems to work.

#2 NumberXer0

NumberXer0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:21 AM

I have an update. It's somehow caused by Mod Organizer. If I launch SKSE, TESV or Launcher through MO, it doesn't work. But launching any of those 3 direct from the folder, it works. Any ideas on how to fix that?

#3 NumberXer0

NumberXer0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

Can't seem to find an edit button, but..it seems like it's my Bashed Patch. Everything works fine until I toggle it on. Wyre Bash gives me no errors and everything is green.

#4 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

The only think I can think of is the main font replacement mod. This should be fine if your language is English, but you shouldn't install the main font replacement mod if Skyrim's language is set to anything other than English.

#5 elenhil

elenhil

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

I can confirm it's the Bashed patch. And I use no font replacements, mind you.

Workaround: use an older version (307.201612232300 in my case) to recreate the patch and you'll be OK.

P.S. Too lazy to report it to the WB team

Edited by elenhil, 26 December 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#6 Scavver

Scavver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

Is there any other workaround besides an older version of WryeBash or even just skipping the Bash Step in general? I had roughly the same issue only mine wouldn't even spin. Just hang there.

Edited by Scavver, 21 January 2018 - 01:12 AM.

#7 Crimson13

Crimson13

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:15 AM

I just of now have this problem as well with the Bashed Patch. It's the first time it's ever given me this issue and I'm at a loss how to fix it because it worked earlier. Rebuilding it didn't solve the problem and I didn't add any new mods. The only thing I did change was merging some mods together but they worked fine when they were alone. Running LOOT doesn't change anything either.

#8 pc1

pc1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

Hey guys, sorry Im late to the party, figured I would give my 2 cents,

I had this same issue and it was 100% due to my batched patch.  I would recommend going through and disabling certain mods your bashed patch is telling you to merge,(especially "old form" mods that havent been updated) and probably remove those new mods you merged, for now at least.  I managed to fix by trial and error and found the culprit but now everything is working fine.  Best of luck

Edited by pc1, 12 February 2018 - 11:26 AM.

#9 Lauren

Lauren

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

I just set up STEP again after having been out of the game (haha) for a few years, everything was testing OK (full STEP extended) but then I realized I'd missed a few things and enabled them (reran LOOT, rebuilt bashed patch). started the game up and had the same issue. I ended up removing DesyncBirdsofPrey.esp and my menu returned.

#10 DarkladyLexy

DarkladyLexy

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

I just set up STEP again after having been out of the game (haha) for a few years, everything was testing OK (full STEP extended) but then I realized I'd missed a few things and enabled them (reran LOOT, rebuilt bashed patch). started the game up and had the same issue. I ended up removing DesyncBirdsofPrey.esp and my menu returned.

I will bet the issue is not DesyncBirdsofPrey.esp but actually your Bash Patch the Main Menu has no text, only spinning logo issue is a recent problem mostly caused by Wrye Bash 307 Beta 2 it is well document on there Nexus page. It is cause by certain mods that merge into the Bash Patch but they haven't been through the CK (cos they were made in xedit and thus didn't need to be). I suggest you try adding a "NoMerge" tag to DesyncBirdsofPrey.esp

#11 Lauren

Lauren

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

I will bet the issue is not DesyncBirdsofPrey.esp but actually your Bash Patch the Main Menu has no text, only spinning logo issue is a recent problem mostly caused by Wrye Bash 307 Beta 2 it is well document on there Nexus page. It is cause by certain mods that merge into the Bash Patch but they haven't been through the CK (cos they were made in xedit and thus didn't need to be). I suggest you try adding a "NoMerge" tag to DesyncBirdsofPrey.esp

Yea I was going to add that I didn't investigate -why- it was doing that (cause I normally do)... I figured it was because of the bashed patch but I was about to go to bed and just wanted to get it working again Gosh Darn It. It's like not going to bed angry - can't go to bed when your game is broken. (I have a 3 day weekend now though so I can work on it properly!)  Since I did get STEP:E working I'm now piling on more mods, so I'll go back and fix it per your advice when I rebuild the bashed patch :thumbsup:

#12 donpaul

donpaul

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:18 AM

I have the same problem.

#13 Lauren

Lauren

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

I ended up merging the DynDOLOD plugins into one according to the SRLE instructions. In going through the whole SRLE guide I did see (much later) the note about WB 307.2 :;): I tried using the newest version like the Nexus thread suggested, but that one crashed immediately for me, so I went back to 307.1 and rebuilt the bashed patch. No issues. (Also I've been testing a throwaway character, and I was crashing just before Riverwood, town slogan: "Small town, big problems!" I installed Crash fixes - as in SRLE - and no more issues.) So thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users