• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Thane

• Citizen
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

Alrighty, figured out my plan of action with the WOTNM and CaliberX. Another issue, this time with Weapon Animation Replacers. The linked download for WAR can't be picked up by MO2 for some reason (I'm running MO2 due to compatibility issues between MO1 and xEdit). This means that the mod installer version doesn't seem to be working. Will I still be in the clear if I do the manual installation in MO2?

Edit: Guess the real question is will I still be alright with the rest of F&L if I just install the mod manually. Not sure if the mod page has the patch though.

Don't use them. Its honestly outdated and not really an immersion breaker. Its just an animation replacer so it won't be missed.

Feel free to pick up Xilandro's Weapon Inertia https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/64335 and diagonal movement https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/64333 mods though, as that certainly enhance the feel of guns and movement in game. iirc the Guide uses Ragdolls so make sure with Weapon Inertia you have it installed after with its compatibility skeleton.

In the animation part in general, I'd say also add Solid Project for a ton of features you can customize yourself without a hassle and a sprint that is actually animated rather than PN's Sprint, which it will ask to deactivate if you want.  Be wary as NV Enhanced Camera won't work with these mods (double hands with Animated Sprint.) I never really used those mods in any bethesda game but its a personal preference so its your choice after all.

Edited by ZidanReign, 14 January 2018 - 05:37 PM.

#17 MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Thane

• Citizen
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the input, however I am still not fond of the vanilla way that certain poses are with weapons. If I only install some of the basic poses (probably the idle ones), that won't make or break it right? Also kudos for linking a diagonal movement mod, I've always wanted to try one.

#18 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

What do you mean:

The linked download for WAR can't be picked up by MO2 for some reason 

#19 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Thane

• Citizen
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:51 PM

I've never tried MO2 with NV but I remember that there are some features that were removed or aren't working right in it. Have you tried using regular Mod Organizer, those work best with the older Bethesda Titles but that doesn't explain why the installer won't work.

#20 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

@ZidanReign He's using MO2 because, for whatever reason, xEdit just will not function correctly for him when called from MO1.

#21 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Thane

• Citizen
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

I guess I can try downloading the mod and seeing if I can make a quick profile for NV on MO2 to see if the installer runs for WARS.  I have FNV and FO3 installed for the day TTW 3.0 releases just in case. 

Edit: The installer ran correctly and installed the files.  Albeit it took longer than MO1 did but it installed fine.  Folder's properly packaged and everything.

Edited by ZidanReign, 14 January 2018 - 09:48 PM.

#22 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Yeah I also had no issue with it which is why I wanted clarification as to what exactly is wrong.

#23 MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Thane

• Citizen
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:33 AM

https://imgur.com/a/AVTYk

This is the message I'm getting.

Edit: It also says installation failed (error code 5)

Edited by MrBrightside, 15 January 2018 - 12:34 AM.

#24 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

There was a user in the Discord chat with exactly that error message on his sytem and his fix was to "unblock" their execution via Windows context menu. All downloaded DLLs are apparently blocked by Windows unless explicitly told to execute them.

Also this user, @BlackTestament7, has posted the steps in the Nexus page for MO2.

#25 Greg

Greg

High King

• Uber Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

My standard policy is to download the archive, open the folder in Explorer, right-click the archive file, select Properties, click Unblock, then extract the unblocked archive. The basic gist here is that Windows 7 (and I assume Windows 10) tags all extracted files blocked if the archive is blocked and unblocking the archive is a lot easier than unblocking all the extracted files one by one.

I finally tired of this masquerade so I disabled saving zone information in group policy, although the usual caveats, warnings, and disclaimers that you do this at your own risk apply here.

#26 MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Thane

• Citizen
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

I hit unblock, but I still can't download the zip in MO2. If I extract the files manually, how can I then get them into MO2?

Edit: What I mean by still can't download is that after unblocking the WAR zip, I attempted to download it into MO2 and got an error code 5 again.

Edited by MrBrightside, 15 January 2018 - 04:22 PM.

#27 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

The files that need unblocking are those *.dll files in the MO2 install, specifically the FalloutNV.dll which is referenced in the error dialogue.

Error 5 is a Windows error for a missing driver or DLL file, so that is what the message is telling you.

You have installed your MO2 into the Steam library under the FalloutNV game folder. Even though that is probably not a UAC folder as it it would be if it was in Program Files, it is never a good idea to install MO/MO2 into the game subsystem structure. Move it away to a completely removed location as you were instructed in previous posts. Additionally it is in a needlessly long and verbose folder:

Mod Organizer 2 (Standalone Version)-6194-2-1-1\

MO2 is all it needs to be. I have no definitive proof but I'm always wary of using long folder names with MO/MO2 as it may mean reaching the Windows path limit of 256 characters if it is calling mods from equally long locations.

#28 MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Thane

• Citizen
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

Moved MO2 to a completely different drive, still getting error code 5.

#29 MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Thane

• Citizen
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

I have also tried unblocking the .dll files that are in MO2, its still not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users