Weapons of the New Millenia, CaliberX, and a big patch

MrBrightside

Question

Alright so I'm at the weapons portion of the guide and I'm going to be trying something on my own in conjunction with this. First, a few questions

1. Is it possible to modify the Weapons of the New Millenia mod to only include certain weapons within it to the game? Or am I better off downloading the individual weapon mods and merging them? Reason I ask is because while Millenia does amazing work I feel that some of the weapons break immersion and I'd like to narrow down what WotNM adds.

2. Is it possible to modify the CaliberX patch for WotNM to only work for certain weapons (maybe going into xEdit) or would it be better to do it manually through GECK and xEdit? This may become redundant due to my future plans.

3. How many esps can be merged at once?

4. If I were to make a patch utilizing CaliberX's resources, can I still use GECK and xEdit on esps inside merged plugins?

Reason I'm asking this is because I'm going to be attempting a massive patch utilizing CaliberX that will eventually include every firearm in the game. I did this once before a few years ago and it mostly worked, but I'm going to get it right this time. What I do remember is using the resources in CaliberX in conjunction with modding tools to change everything from the ammo and casings for weapons to the ammo boxes in the game. This whole thing eventually blew up because of updating mods and being unable to keep up with the patch, but most of the weapon mods haven't been updated for a while so I think I'm safe.

Thanks for the input, however I am still not fond of the vanilla way that certain poses are with weapons. If I only install some of the basic poses (probably the idle ones), that won't make or break it right? Also kudos for linking a diagonal movement mod, I've always wanted to try one.

I guess I can try downloading the mod and seeing if I can make a quick profile for NV on MO2 to see if the installer runs for WARS.  I have FNV and FO3 installed for the day TTW 3.0 releases just in case. 

Edit: The installer ran correctly and installed the files.  Albeit it took longer than MO1 did but it installed fine.  Folder's properly packaged and everything.

Edited by ZidanReign

My standard policy is to download the archive, open the folder in Explorer, right-click the archive file, select Properties, click Unblock, then extract the unblocked archive. The basic gist here is that Windows 7 (and I assume Windows 10) tags all extracted files blocked if the archive is blocked and unblocking the archive is a lot easier than unblocking all the extracted files one by one.

I finally tired of this masquerade so I disabled saving zone information in group policy, although the usual caveats, warnings, and disclaimers that you do this at your own risk apply here.

I hit unblock, but I still can't download the zip in MO2. If I extract the files manually, how can I then get them into MO2?

Edit: What I mean by still can't download is that after unblocking the WAR zip, I attempted to download it into MO2 and got an error code 5 again.

Edited by MrBrightside

The files that need unblocking are those *.dll files in the MO2 install, specifically the FalloutNV.dll which is referenced in the error dialogue.

Error 5 is a Windows error for a missing driver or DLL file, so that is what the message is telling you.

You have installed your MO2 into the Steam library under the FalloutNV game folder. Even though that is probably not a UAC folder as it it would be if it was in Program Files, it is never a good idea to install MO/MO2 into the game subsystem structure. Move it away to a completely removed location as you were instructed in previous posts. Additionally it is in a needlessly long and verbose folder:

Mod Organizer 2 (Standalone Version)-6194-2-1-1\

MO2 is all it needs to be. I have no definitive proof but I'm always wary of using long folder names with MO/MO2 as it may mean reaching the Windows path limit of 256 characters if it is calling mods from equally long locations.