Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

While we're at it, on the Finishing Line page you refer to "Scarcity SE - 4x Merchant Item Rarity.esp" as "Scarcity SE - 4x Merchant Rarity.esp". I think I saw that name another place too, but I can't find it now.

I am just going to remove LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons SE Skyforge patch saves hassle

Yeah, I forgot to convert the plugin. Did it now, but I can see how that's a hassle. If it makes any difference, the separate aMidianBorn mod adds the exact same plugin, so there would be no need for an additional mod. 

Yeah, I forgot to convert the plugin. Did it now, but I can see how that's a hassle. If it makes any difference, the separate aMidianBorn mod adds the exact same plugin, so there would be no need for an additional mod. 

ok, don't forget about any conflicts the plugin might have. I might actually add it thou just having a moody day girly issue.

On the pre smash steps, #7 says "Navigate to the Skyrim SE DATA Folder and remove Bashed Patch, 0.esp." For me, this was placed in the override folder. I assume this is correct and that the guide is incorrect here.

Also, the FNIS.ini RedirectFiles stuff didn't work; the output still ended up in my override. I just moved it manually to "FNIS - Output". (A comment in the FNIS.ini file says that the ini file must be placed in the real Skyrim Data directory, not in the MO virtual mod folders, perhaps that's the culprit? Haven't tested that myself.)

Edited by MiSP

:cursing: :wallbash: :bat:

“The essence of Christianity is told us in the Garden of Eden history. The fruit that was forbidden was on the tree of knowledge. The subtext is, 'All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your ******* mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions.â€

Edited by Kneph13

Hi Lexy! 

I finally come to the end of this fabulous guide ! 

I have two problems for now : 

- With DynDOLOD, It does not detect BSHeartland I think because i don't have DynDOLOD_Output\meshes\terrain\BSHeartland\ folder after the process.

- With Smash mator, I got the following messages in the smash patch fails file : 

Exception smashing record: MUSCombatBoss03CG [MUST:00000F7E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Exception smashing record: [COBJ:3002393D] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Exception smashing record: [COBJ:3002393E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Exception smashing record: [COBJ:3002393F] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Any idea of what I am doing wrong ?

If we get an alternative to ICAIO I'm 100% down to trying out Dawn of Skyrim and/or JKs Skyrim. I'm definitely interested in them, but I've just never thought it was worth removing ICAIO.

In LE I always used Nazenn's super lite versions of JK's cities with DoS, as well as his lite version of JK's towns. In SSE there's an issue with Dawnstar and NSUTR (JK's Dawnstar repositions some structures). At one point I patiently moved all NSUTR snow patches to their correct positions to match JK's Dawnstar, but have since abandoned that because of - guess what - ICAIO. And I didn't keep my snow patches... Still, it's possible to do it, though my method was really slow. I listed the conflicting structures in game, looked them up in xEdit, "guessed" the corresponding NSUTR snow patch records, compared the coordinates in JK's with the snow patches, adjusted them in the snow patches. With even more patience you could also add snow patches to JK's new structures... But all of this is basically to say, if you don't want this kind of trouble, best stick with JK's cities and DoS, leave the towns out of the picture. Nazenn also only has a merged towns esp, so you'd have to remove Arthmoor's Rorikstead, Dragon Bridge and Ivarstead. There are no conflicting structures but both Arth's and JK's have adjusted navmesh so, unless you know how to rebuild that, it's either one of the other.

- With DynDOLOD, It does not detect BSHeartland I think because i don't have DynDOLOD_Output\meshes\terrain\BSHeartland\ folder after the process.

Can't help you with Smash at the moment but the latest DynDOLOD has added Bruma to the exclusion list, so we don't have to worry about it anymore. Since it ignored that worldspace, the folder isn't there, all is well.

Lexy,

The latest change log shows that Dawnstar - No Snow Under the Roof, Helarchen Creek - No Snow Under the Roof, and Whistling Mine - No Snow Under the Roof have been added to the Arthmoor's Villages group in LOOT, however those three esps are included in No Snow Under The Roof Merged. Which is correct?

Lexy,

The latest change log shows that Dawnstar - No Snow Under the Roof, Helarchen Creek - No Snow Under the Roof, and Whistling Mine - No Snow Under the Roof have been added to the Arthmoor's Villages group in LOOT, however those three esps are included in No Snow Under The Roof Merged. Which is correct?

I would assume so. It will prevent cyclic iteration errors with LOOT if you want test your build prior to building that merge.

Lexy did mention Sthaagg was working on an alterative that seems to have better performance and accomplish a similar effect, although not so all-encompassing. It especially doesn't do navmeshing and marker spamming, which I think are big causes for incompatibility . Myself and, I think, most mod users that can patch a few things lack the knowledge to rebuild navmeshes if there are incompatibilities there, or do CK work. xEdit is simply not enough to fix things for ICAIO.

I agree with you on city mods not being an essential thing, although I don't really like to lose so much flexibility when modding the game. Truth of the matter is, ICAIO is probably one of the mods that's most invasive in this build. I also agree with lexy, it's a pain to mod with it. Still, I could put up with it because ICAIO's really that good - what also makes me feel like dropping it is actually what's posted on the reddit and step threads by Thalassa, Arthmoor, Nazenn and others. On those grounds, I think I'd be pretty happy to stuff in Nazenn's JK ultra light+DoS merge (Legacy will even patch itself if the Blues Skyrim esp is present), the alternative AI Overhaul (needs porting) and maybe Realistic Conversations (if the former doesn't make it redundant; RC is reported to work nicely with RDO). I'm already using PCE which is patched for ICAIO, but works nicely on its own regading court life. Immersive College of Winterhold also takes care of that corner (also patched but does a good job on its own).

Have you tried using JK's Lite & Dawn of Skyrim Classic (the ICAIO compatible files) from LE in SSE? Can I get away with a simple header fix in the CK, or do the navmeshes need some kind of update? Just curious if you've had success.

I'm still a bit confused about Bruma and DynDOLOD. The latest DynDOLOD exludes bruma by default, but the guide hasn't been updated to reflect that yet. Do we want to just keep it excluded or do we want to include it and then delete the object data folder after? Do you still get full tree fallback if you ignore the Bruma world?

Thanks.

Edited by tyrindor