Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

hey guys sorry been out of it for a few days still suffering my "Girl flu" so really been up for doing much lately but I am on the mend.

AOS aMidianBorn Book of Silence is not needed since we only use Texture of Meshes there no esp.

OK the Royal Armory is just a type i'll get that when I get around to it.

Ugh, flu is awful. Feel better soon.

Realistic Water Two has been updated to v1.4.4

I have finished building Lexy's LoTD SE.  Most of the instructions were straight forward.  However, I did have trouble with the "Report Master Script (Use this Method if you have the esp plugin downloaded) under the Troubleshooting section.  Since this was something that I had not done before, it took me several hours to figure out what needed to be done.  If I wanted to communicate to people that had not done this before I would have written the instructions this way:

1. Open SSEdit.  Right click in the pop-up window and select none.  Now click the box to the left of the ESP from which you wish to delete a master.
  2. When the files have completed loading, this can take some time, right click on the ESP.  Click on ‘Apply Script’.  Select the “Report masters†script and click OK.
  3. From the pop-up window click on the box of the master file you wish to remove from the ESP and click OK. If you look at the bottom of the right pane you will see that a script has been run and there is a list of the Form ID(s) that need to be removed from the ESP.
  4. In the left pane expand the ESP.  Locate the Form ID in the left pane that needs to be deleted.  Right click on the Form ID and select “Removeâ€.
  5. If there are other Form IDs that need to be removed from that master file repeat steps 2 through 4 until all of the Form IDs have been deleted.
  6. Once the form IDs have been deleted, right click on the ESP and click on ‘Clean Masters’.  Exit SSEdit by clicking the red X in the upper right corner.  A new pop-up box appears.  If you do not check the “Backup†box in the lower left corner, your new ESP file with the dependency(s) on the master file(s) removed will be in the overwrite file. The original ESP will have been deleted from its folder so you can just copy the ESP from the overwrite file to the original ESP folder.  There is no need to create a new folder.

In the second part of the Troubleshooting section I also had trouble.  In Wrye Bash I click on the Conflict Resolution mod and then click on ‘file’.  The “Create Dummy Masters…†is greyed out.  Is this something that has been disabled in the current version of Wrye Bash or do I have some other problem.  I have reinstalled MO2 and Wrye Bash but that did not help.  Thank you for your assistance.

I have finished building Lexy's LoTD SE.  Most of the instructions were straight forward.  However, I did have trouble with the "Report Master Script (Use this Method if you have the esp plugin downloaded) under the Troubleshooting section.  Since this was something that I had not done before, it took me several hours to figure out what needed to be done.  If I wanted to communicate to people that had not done this before I would have written the instructions this way:

1. Open SSEdit.  Right click in the pop-up window and select none.  Now click the box to the left of the ESP from which you wish to delete a master.
  2. When the files have completed loading, this can take some time, right click on the ESP.  Click on ‘Apply Script’.  Select the “Report masters†script and click OK.
  3. From the pop-up window click on the box of the master file you wish to remove from the ESP and click OK. If you look at the bottom of the right pane you will see that a script has been run and there is a list of the Form ID(s) that need to be removed from the ESP.
  4. In the left pane expand the ESP.  Locate the Form ID in the left pane that needs to be deleted.  Right click on the Form ID and select “Removeâ€.
  5. If there are other Form IDs that need to be removed from that master file repeat steps 2 through 4 until all of the Form IDs have been deleted.
  6. Once the form IDs have been deleted, right click on the ESP and click on ‘Clean Masters’.  Exit SSEdit by clicking the red X in the upper right corner.  A new pop-up box appears.  If you do not check the “Backup†box in the lower left corner, your new ESP file with the dependency(s) on the master file(s) removed will be in the overwrite file. The original ESP will have been deleted from its folder so you can just copy the ESP from the overwrite file to the original ESP folder.  There is no need to create a new folder.

In the second part of the Troubleshooting section I also had trouble.  In Wrye Bash I click on the Conflict Resolution mod and then click on ‘file’.  The “Create Dummy Masters…†is greyed out.  Is this something that has been disabled in the current version of Wrye Bash or do I have some other problem.  I have reinstalled MO2 and Wrye Bash but that did not help.  Thank you for your assistance.

Create Dummy Masters only works if you do not have the plugin you want to remove from the master list downloaded (ie it's missing altogether). If you do have the plugin you're trying to remove as a master then either use report masters or select the plugin you're working with, right click on the missing master in Wrye's right pane, 'change to' something else (an empty plugin, preferably), and save. Then open in xEdit and check for errors, remove whatever you need to.

@sirjesto

I was messing about in the LOTD building last night and noticed I seem to have a heck of a time with my followers in there. Toccata for example frequently gets stuck at the entrance arch and won't come up the stairs to the main building. She may or may not reappear when I go inside (often have to summon her). Both she and Inigo get 'lost' as I'm moving around the safehouse and won't appear if I book-travel from one area to another, or even just walk through doors (worse with book traveling). Usually after a bit of running from HoH to library to a safehouse stop and back to main I've totally lost both of them and have to summon.  They also sometimes won't follow me out the main door either.

It's a very minor thing and I don't mind just summoning them around, but thought I'd mention it. I haven't tried using any vanilla followers in there yet.

It's the same with Lydia as well.  This also happens with leaving the Safe House through the back door directly to Solitude.

Going to try resetting the "bUseNavMeshForMovement" to 1 in my ini file and see if that helps.

Yeah followers have a hard time getting out of the armory once they are in there too.

Not much we can do about this. The areas are navmeshed.

What I usually do is just ask followers to wait while I go about my business.

I had the same thing happen with Toccata: she get's stuck at the entrance.  Sofia seems to have no problem at all. 

There is also a new BSA extractor called BSA Auto Extractor.  I haven't tried it yet but it looks simpler to use.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13486

I'll give this new BSA extractor a try.  Mod's short Description: "This application will extract all the files from BSA or BA2 files into the same folder as the BSA.  The folder hierarchy of the files from the archive is maintained.  After all files have been extracted the BSA or BA2 file will either be moved or deleted depending on the option you choose."

I extracted 6 Archives (Ask Innkeepers To Show Room SE v1.0-5990-1-0.7z/Gildergreen Regrown-348-2-0.7z/Go On Ahead-4779-1-0-0-.7z/High Resolution Texture Pack-11802-3-3.7z/Horns Are Forever SE-1139-1-1.rar/Terrain Lod Redone-9135-1-3.7z) using BSA Auto Extract and compared the results to BAE's output made during Build installation.  Testing was performed on a different HD than Build installation.  Output (number of files/number of folders/size) for the first 5 archives was exactly the same for BAE and BSA Auto Extractor.

BAE's output for Terrain Lod Redone-9135-1-3.7z was 1 file (686,256 bytes) smaller than the output for BSA Auto Extractor.  BAE was used to extract the BSA on the testing HD, and the results were the same as for BSA Auto Extractor.  A re-extraction using BSA Auto Extractor produced the same results as the 1st extraction.

Sounds like it works.  That is good news. Thanks for checking it out.

No problem.

I agree with your initial comment, BuddyKidd, BSA Auto Extractor is (IMO) definitely easier to use than BAE: (1) biggest improvement is that it defaults to extracting BSAs in the directory where they need to be put, (2) it defaults to 'Moving' the BSAs to an optional, select-able directory (deleting the BSAs is an easily select-able option); (3) it is able to process more than one BSA at a time, making extraction of multiple BSAs for a mod much easier.

... and it seems to remember your last extraction.

Edited by Decopauge123

I had a very quick go at BSA Auto Extractor one thing i did note which a bit a disadvantage you can't select what files or folder inside the BSA you want to extract. While this in general isn't an issue it becomes a issue when it come to things like RS Children. Cos from the Fomod we select 2K Aventus and Wanderer Outfit but when you extract the BSA this files get overwritten unless you decided not to extract those files. 

for this reasons alone the think BAE is better

• +1 1

So this just happened o.O Another picture here.

Anyone know what might be causing this? It's happened twice, once while walking uphill to Kynesgrove and once up in the mountains between Windhelm and Riften. Both at night just before dawn. I'll be playing and suddenly lights become brighter and hair/eyes go white.

If I turn off ENB hair's no longer white but Skyrim is still overly bright and fuzzy for 3am or whatever time it is, definitely does not look right. Fast forwarding time doesn't fix it; hair and eyes still white. Only way to get around it is to back up a save and avoid going into the triggering area right before sunrise.

I've run my game with Skyrim Performance Monitor and noticed VRAM usage hovered near the max 6 gigabytes of vram I have for the 980ti. Memory also was near 6 gigabytes, which I assume is the max allocated to skyrim se by default? Could the vram or memory be the cause of crashes? I've been trying to run the game with dyndolod on high settings so I think that might be the root of the problem.

Edited by Leonidous

So this just happened o.O Another picture here.

Anyone know what might be causing this? It's happened twice, once while walking uphill to Kynesgrove and once up in the mountains between Windhelm and Riften. Both at night just before dawn. I'll be playing and suddenly lights become brighter and hair/eyes go white.

If I turn off ENB hair's no longer white but Skyrim is still overly bright and fuzzy for 3am or whatever time it is, definitely does not look right. Fast forwarding time doesn't fix it; hair and eyes still white. Only way to get around it is to back up a save and avoid going into the triggering area right before sunrise.

what ENB are you using? cos i i have not spotted this before.

I've run my game with Skyrim Performance Monitor and noticed VRAM usage hovered near the max 6 gigabytes of vram I have for the 980ti. Memory also was near 6 gigabytes, which I assume is the max allocated to skyrim by default? Could the vram or memory be the cause of crashes? I've been trying to run the game with dyndolod on high settings so I think that might be the root of the problem.

in that case yes you are hitting you VRAM Limit you need to reduce some of the larger textures in quality. This is also why i recommend the Medium Setting of DynDOLOD I would start by reducing DynDOLOD to medium. Last time i tested i was hitting 4.5GB (ish).

Create Dummy Masters only works if you do not have the plugin you want to remove from the master list downloaded (ie it's missing altogether). If you do have the plugin you're trying to remove as a master then either use report masters or select the plugin you're working with, right click on the missing master in Wrye's right pane, 'change to' something else (an empty plugin, preferably), and save. Then open in xEdit and check for errors, remove whatever you need to.

Thank you for the explanation. I understand now.  It would be helpful to add the above quote to the dummy masters section as it is possible that other people will misunderstand as I did.

"in that case yes you are hitting you VRAM Limit you need to reduce some of the larger textures in quality. This is also why i recommend the Medium Setting of DynDOLOD I would start by reducing DynDOLOD to medium. Last time i tested i was hitting 4.5GB (ish)."

Do you run your game at 1080p or 1440p?

I had a very quick go at BSA Auto Extractor one thing i did note which a bit a disadvantage you can't select what files or folder inside the BSA you want to extract. While this in general isn't an issue it becomes a issue when it come to things like RS Children. Cos from the Fomod we select 2K Aventus and Wanderer Outfit but when you extract the BSA this files get overwritten unless you decided not to extract those files. 

for this reasons alone the think BAE is better

OK.  :thumbsup: