Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I agree, which is partly why I'm looking at LH's Soul Cairn HD - COMPLETE Overhaul before Soul Cairn HD .  I also like that LH's mod appears to be (I haven't actually seen it yet) an HD rendition of the Soul Cairn's original look.

OK, DarkladyLexy, I'll do a "side-by-side" comparison of vanilla Soul Cairn and with LH's mod today, and post the results here.  LH has already been asked about a 2K version for the mod, and said that would be done soon, but it may not be necessary.  I'll also do a "side-by-side" comparison of vanilla Raven Rock and with Raven Rock HD (might be tomorrow before I get that done).

Take care of yourself. :thumbsup:

My PC walked from the Soul Cairn entrance (top of the stairs) to where Serana reconnects with Valerica twice: once in a vanilla Soul Cairn environment (screenshots), and once in LH's HD version of the Soul Cairn (screenshots).

The FPS was usually between 59-60, with occasional dips down to 55, for both walks.

For the vanilla Soul Cairn walk, the lowest VRam usage was 401MB and the highest was 3343MB.

For the LH's HD Soul Cairn walk, the lowest VRam usage was 499MB and the highest was 3825MB.

From what I saw, having a 2K version of LH's Soul Cairn HD - COMPLETE Overhaul mod will further reduce VRam usage, but isn't necessary on a good machine.

Edited by Decopauge123

So I just finished following this guide word for word up until the end of DynDOLOD. However, whenever I start SKSE through Mod Organizer 2 I get a black screen for a few seconds and then it crashes. I've only added Customizable Camera and another converted armor mod for UNP, but it still crashes even if I disable those. I can't even get to the main menu. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: It loads just fine through the Vanilla SSE profile which means it's a mod that is causing it. What steps should I take to troubleshoot it?

Edited by CyanSol

I should note that I get no warnings, and all my plugins have the appropriate master files. I've done every prerequisite step, run every program, and edited everything exactly as the guide says.

Edit: I just realized that I may have been converting plugins with CK wrong. I'm going to go back through and download those specific esp's again and convert them. Then I'll test SKSE again.

Edited by CyanSol

My PC walked from the Soul Cairn entrance (top of the stairs) to where Serana reconnects with Valerica twice: once in a vanilla Soul Cairn environment (screenshots), and once in LH's HD version of the Soul Cairn (screenshots).

The FPS was usually between 59-60, with occasional dips down to 55, for both walks.

For the vanilla Soul Cairn walk, the lowest VRam usage was 401MB and the highest was 3343MB.

For the LH's HD Soul Cairn walk, the lowest VRam usage was 499MB and the highest was 3825MB.

From what I saw, having a 2K version of LH's Soul Cairn HD - COMPLETE Overhaul mod will further reduce VRam usage, but isn't necessary on a good machine.

Probably due to image compression, but i dont see much improvement vs vanilla. What is your opinion?

I should note that I get no warnings, and all my plugins have the appropriate master files. I've done every prerequisite step, run every program, and edited everything exactly as the guide says.

Edit: I just realized that I may have been converting plugins with CK wrong. I'm going to go back through and download those specific esp's again and convert them. Then I'll test SKSE again.

If that doesn't work, try checking your merges. I've had it happen twice that merge plugins just didn't quite process correctly and I ended up with an esp that crashed me before the main menu. No warning in Merge Plugins or otherwise. When I went back into MO I noticed that mousing over that particular mis-merge esp (as you would do to see the masters of a normal plugin) in the right pane crashed MO. When I rebuilt the offending merge, all was well. 

Possibly something to check out if you're still having problems after converting everything.

If that's not it either, the classic troubleshooting method is to disable everything and make sure you can start it with just cleaned esps and no mods. Then enable half your mods (watch out for mods with patches whose masters come later; don't enable anything whose master isn't also loaded and in proper load order above). See if it loads. If it doesn't, then disable half of what you just enabled. Check if it loads. Carry on til you've found offending mod.

If it does, start enabling the rest of your mods in blocks until it crashes. Once it does, disable that block and re-add one by one til you find what's making it crash.

Edited by Tzefira

Probably due to image compression, but i dont see much improvement vs vanilla. What is your opinion?

The LH walk looked better than the vanilla walk (not as good as I thought it would look, but it did look better).  If DarkladyLexy decides to not include it in the Build, that OK.  I'll leave the LH 4K version installed, even if a 2K version is posted, since it doesn't seem to tax my system too much.

If that doesn't work, try checking your merges. I've had it happen twice that merge plugins just didn't quite process correctly and I ended up with an esp that crashed me before the main menu. No warning in Merge Plugins or otherwise. When I went back into MO I noticed that mousing over that particular mis-merge esp (as you would do to see the masters of a normal plugin) in the right pane crashed MO. When I rebuilt the offending merge, all was well. 

Possibly something to check out if you're still having problems after converting everything.

If that's not it either, the classic troubleshooting method is to disable everything and make sure you can start it with just cleaned esps and no mods. Then enable half your mods (watch out for mods with patches whose masters come later; don't enable anything whose master isn't also loaded and in proper load order above). See if it loads. If it doesn't, then disable half of what you just enabled. Check if it loads. Carry on til you've found offending mod.

If it does, start enabling the rest of your mods in blocks until it crashes. Once it does, disable that block and re-add one by one til you find what's making it crash.

Actually, that reminds me. When doing the AAE merge I noticed that Lexy's LOTD SE - AAE Patch.esp had two errors that Merge Plugins couldn't fix. Is that supposed to happen? Or was that a faulty .esp?

Also before I go through the trouble of reconverting everything, the error I made was not checking the master files of the plugins that I set as active. Wrye Bash seemed to read them just fine, and the merged ones didn't have any issues. Would not checking the master files mess up anything? I did esmify all the esps properly.

Edited by CyanSol

Merge Plugins Standalone - Lexy's Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition Profile

Idiot Check: Make sure you have extracted the Creation Kits scripts archive to your Data folder.

In this section we will be creating a new profile in Merge plugins standalone so we can create new merged mods separate from SRLE base.

Well I made it this far and now I have a stupid question below-

Creation Kit scripts, I am assuming the scripts.zip file which is sitting in my Skyrim SE data folder needs to be extracted in place?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Merge Plugins Standalone - Lexy's Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition Profile

Idiot Check: Make sure you have extracted the Creation Kits scripts archive to your Data folder.

In this section we will be creating a new profile in Merge plugins standalone so we can create new merged mods separate from SRLE base.

Well I made it this far and now I have a stupid question below-

Creation Kit scripts, I am assuming the scripts.zip file which is sitting in my Skyrim SE data folder needs to be extracted in place?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, extract the scripts.zip file which is sitting in my Skyrim SE data folder in place.

• +1 1

So I'm getting crashes from VRAM and Memory overload. Should I lower DynDOLOD to low and decrease textures to 2k? Is there a fast way to do this aside from reinstalling every 4k texture mod?

I have a GeForce GTX 970 4GB and 16 GB of RAM.

Edited by CyanSol

So I'm getting crashes from VRAM and Memory overload. Should I lower DynDOLOD to low and decrease textures to 2k? Is there a fast way to do this aside from reinstalling every 4k texture mod?

yes the guide a been benchmarked and I am hitting 4.7GB First thing I would recommend you try is drop DynDOLOD Ultra trees and just generate Traditional LOD.

1. Change the line TreeLOD= to "1"
  2. Change the line TreeFullFallBack= to "0"

I really should add some sort of note about that.

So I was testing out AH Hotkeys and noticed that Simple Auto Unequip isn't working, my arrows aren't unequipping when I unequip my bow. Is anyone else having this issue or could it just be because my save is dirty? 

I also did notice that Simple Auto Unequip is missing the SAUA_CleanUpQuestScript.pex

I have a GeForce GTX 960 4GB and use the ultra trees setting on DynDolod medium, but with all textures at 2k and my game runs fine. If dropping DD to traditional still doesn't cut it then yes dropping to 2k does work, at least for me.

So I was testing out AH Hotkeys and noticed that Simple Auto Unequip isn't working, my arrows aren't unequipping when I unequip my bow. Is anyone else having this issue or could it just be because my save is dirty? 

I also did notice that Simple Auto Unequip is missing the SAUA_CleanUpQuestScript.pex

Interesting, my arrows do indeed unequip. I did notice in forum and some posts on reddit that AH Hotkeys may have an issue with user-enchanted items though. I haven't tried putting any in my swaps to test yet.