Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

You cannot do it in CK with all plugins that are part of LOTD patches. Due to array size limit, CK will simply truncate data, and that's why you're having all these errors.

The NAVI conflict is between Helgen Reborn and Solitude Skyway, so you need to create a CK patch for just these two separately. Or just dont merge either of them in, NAVI will get merged at runtime automatically

If you actually go to the affected areas of this conflict, though, nothing bad happens in game, so you don't technically need to worry about it at all.

If there was a crash or NPC's couldn't move through the area then it would be something to worry about.

@jesto - are you sure? Not to give too much credit to "a bunch of people on the internet," but it sounds like a bad NAVI screws with transitions between cells. Something like that would explain why my followers refuse to cross the threshold between Solitude Row and the Museum. Not exactly game-breaking, but annoying. (I'm doing the rebuild because I removed SAFO, not to fix that particular problem)

@sm0kem - well, crap.

The NAVI conflict is between Helgen Reborn and Solitude Skyway

Thankee!

Side note: The Creation Kit is a real POS, huh?

@jesto - are you sure? Not to give too much credit to "a bunch of people on the internet," but it sounds like a bad NAVI screws with transitions between cells. Something like that would explain why my followers refuse to cross the threshold between Solitude Row and the Museum. Not exactly game-breaking, but annoying. (I'm doing the rebuild because I removed SAFO, not to fix that particular problem)

Pretty sure.  There are no navmesh records to doors in those plugins that would be affected, which are the main culprits.

As for the Threashold issue, that isn't Helgen Reborn and Skyway either.  That is a completely different issue you are having with a different mod that is Editing SolitudeRow.

For v4.0 though, I am going to look at making changes so that navmesh error doesn't happen when merging those plugins because people are so scared of it.

Ok boys and girls.....correct me if my understanding here is wrong please. This update is the first I'm experiencing and the work around is straight forward!(THANK YOU B00MER9) My question is this: If the esm's and bsa's in data folder are changed, with the update, as well as the exe in main folder, changing back the exe(only) to a version skse64 can read(i.e fooling it) in order to play and allow mods needing the skse64 to play....does this still mean then that the issues "Fixed" by Betheasda are carried through in game still...am i going to hear a wolf howl? it vitally essential i have this(slight tongue in cheek). Or are the esm's, bsa's NOT changed with an update and thus not require cleaning again?

Ok boys and girls.....correct me if my understanding here is wrong please. This update is the first I'm experiencing and the work around is straight forward!(THANK YOU B00MER9) My question is this: If the esm's and bsa's in data folder are changed, with the update, as well as the exe in main folder, changing back the exe(only) to a version skse64 can read(i.e fooling it) in order to play and allow mods needing the skse64 to play....does this still mean then that the issues "Fixed" by Betheasda are carried through in game still...am i going to hear a wolf howl? it vitally essential i have this(slight tongue in cheek). Or are the esm's, bsa's NOT changed with an update and thus not require cleaning again?

The .esm's require cleaning again.

Yeah, I figured it was a thin hope, but it's a small enough issue that I've never bothered trying to nail it down.

Loading all your plugins in xEdit, you should be able to find the offending mod.  Then you can deal with it from there with a navmesh change.

Edited by sirjesto

Yeah because people on forums always know what they are talking about. ;) lol

I here ya, but like I said, I did my own testing and found that I wasn't getting corrupted saves when I played without frost fall. It's not included in this guide, so I figured it may not be frost fall it's self, but some conflict with the other mods. My only reason for mentioning it was to bring up that I have been using ReSaver to clean my save files, just in case that had something to do with my CTD issues around those areas. I'm brand new to modding so I'm not aware of what issues that tool may have.

I here ya, but like I said, I did my own testing and found that I wasn't getting corrupted saves when I played without frost fall. It's not included in this guide, so I figured it may not be frost fall it's self, but some conflict with the other mods. My only reason for mentioning it was to bring up that I have been using ReSaver to clean my save files, just in case that had something to do with my CTD issues around those areas. I'm brand new to modding so I'm not aware of what issues that tool may have.

No worries.  It's hard to know what is legit information and what is Bull$h!t these days.

New to modding huh? have fun man.....  :P

I've done that. It was only a few: LOTD, Solitude Skyway, Solitude Sewers, Books of Skyrim, LOTD Patches. The winning result looks to be identical to the LOTD entry.

At that point, I'm left with a giant list of triangle numbers which mean nothing to me, and I remember that I can just unload Lydia at the doorstep, or fast-travel to the door.

@shandrakor you'll have an huge headache if you are gonna re-do the NAVI in the CK. I wouldn't bother. I had exactly the same issue as you. It comes from just having a metric **** ton of mods from LoTD. I merge all my patch plugins but left out Skyway & Helgen Reborn as those two combined with the rest cause the error. I can live with an extra plugin or too if it means I don't have to esmify ALOT of mods and then de-esmify them.

Only to have to do it again when an update comes around.

FYI for a nice QoL tip I leave the patch for Skyway and Helgen reborn inside the mod folder for Skyway and Reborn respectivily and have them load lower down the mod order in the left panel. That way once they are LOOTed when selecting - delselecting your 'Patches FOlder' it'll place all patches down the bottom for easy merging and I'll leave the two aforementioned plugins out so you don't have to move them around.

There ya go

• +1 1

New to modding huh? have fun man.....  :P

Thanks. It was kinda silly at first. I was using NMM and screwing around. Then I found Lexy's guide and realized just how amazingly intricate modding could be. I've been obsessed with getting it right, while all my Eve friends have been telling me to come back to them. I am truly amazed at the work that has been put into this guide and other mods in general. Maybe some day I'll learn how to make my own.

Classic!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Absolutely Classic!

I'm with Decopauge!  This was classic!!  I roflmao'd for 5 minutes.  This should be pinned on the main S.T.E.P. Skyrim forum.  F'ing Epic Natstar!!!!!

Aw thanks  :redface: 

Between being a noob modder I also dabble in writing.

And this update killed my plan to rebuild the guide again from scratch.

(practice and working out what caused issues to my game)

It was an opportunity too good to miss. 

@shandrakor you'll have an huge headache if you are gonna re-do the NAVI in the CK. I wouldn't bother. I had exactly the same issue as you. It comes from just having a metric **** ton of mods from LoTD. I merge all my patch plugins but left out Skyway & Helgen Reborn as those two combined with the rest cause the error. I can live with an extra plugin or too if it means I don't have to esmify ALOT of mods and then de-esmify them.

Only to have to do it again when an update comes around.

FYI for a nice QoL tip I leave the patch for Skyway and Helgen reborn inside the mod folder for Skyway and Reborn respectivily and have them load lower down the mod order in the left panel. That way once they are LOOTed when selecting - delselecting your 'Patches FOlder' it'll place all patches down the bottom for easy merging and I'll leave the two aforementioned plugins out so you don't have to move them around.

There ya go

Yep. What he said.

Basically, since navi records cannot be merged by anything other than ck, but do merge nicely at runtime, you have three options:

1. Merge just these two plugins in ck then merge them into the rest (or keep em separate)

2. Do not merge them at all. Engine will take care of navi at runtime based on LO

3. Merge only one of them into main merge while keeping second one separate

• +1 1