Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Still having issues getting the game to load to the menu, argh.  I didn't make any changes to my mod load order or anything, so I have a feeling this is going to be a road of grueling cross-checking if I can't sort it out; very frustrating.

Belatedly though, I discovered prior to all this that for whatever reason the Provincial Courier had apparently been holding out on me.  I wandered into the Provincial Courier office by Whiterun for the first time in 70 hours and when I spoke to them they handed me six different letters and deliveries.  Really not sure what the deal is there, but apparently they're not actually making the deliveries in my game.

Edit:  Looks like my zPatch somehow ended up giving the Courier bogus AI packages--no wonder he never delivered my Safehouse key for LotD this playthrough.  All three packages are just listed as 'Error could not be resolved.'  I can't believe I never noticed this in my xEdit check-ups.

Edited by Baubledorst

Hi, im on the yot your own thoughts merge section. which hunterborn esp am i support to use? the one from the main mod or the one from the hunterborn mcm menu mod?

do i active both hunterborn and hunterborn mcm menu?

Edited by itskingx

If you're referring to providing a master so that the components will load, it doesn't particularly matter which version you fire up--merge plugins is just prompting that the masters are there, I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that merge plugins actually references anything -in- the master files you load when merging their subordinates.

Still having issues getting the game to load to the menu, argh.  I didn't make any changes to my mod load order or anything, so I have a feeling this is going to be a road of grueling cross-checking if I can't sort it out; very frustrating.

My last experience with that had something to do with TMB Armors, merged into an "Equipment Merged" plugin and Qwinn's show amulets mod(s) that merged into my bashed patch (non-guide install). Maybe some kind of non-obvious dependency? A shame when those don't make themselves obvious by throwing the whole load order into xEdit, the "disable half your plugins, rinse, repeat" trial & error routine is soul crushing.

As for the Provincial Courier, I'm hoping Lilly is a suitable replacement. I've grown tired of the lad becoming an irish house guest with the Jarl's first letter, and I find the office an eyesore. Belethor's shop is a much better hangout for a creepy court page.

I'm surprised there isn't anything in Mod Organizer throwing off a warning about a missing dependency in that case; the only thing I can think of is that in the process of updating an existing mod to a newer version it inherited some new dependency that MO isn't notifying me about.

I've run into that no loading no crashing limbo/purgatory thing now & again, it seems to baffle xEDIT & MO and to only respond to the brute force troubleshooting approach. Of course there are modders that know far more than I do, maybe there's a better process to resolve those issues? I'd love to see it posted so I could learn more, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I break my game again [modaholic]. 

hey, guys just so you all know my children are off School/nursery for the next 6 weeks so I may not be as active as I usually am so can I ask if you can look after each other.

Caring for the real kids and leaving the virtual ones to fend for themselves!! (Just kidding we all have lives outside of Skyrim, right? Right???  ::|: ) With the amount I use this guide I should try to be more active anyways and not just pop up when I need help.

Hi, im on the yot your own thoughts merge section. which hunterborn esp am i support to use? the one from the main mod or the one from the hunterborn mcm menu mod?

do i active both hunterborn and hunterborn mcm menu?

I have both Hunterborn and Hunterborn MCM checked in the left pane, and according to MO they both reference the same single .esp. I don't know if that is what I'm supposed to do, but I've had no problems with Hunterborn in my tests.

Also thanks to this forum I'm now referring to the "deactivate and test" troubleshooting method as "brute force" because it's the only one I'm capable of carrying out and it is... :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Huh!  Somehow my zPatch.esp is what's giving me the infinite loads.  In fairness, I made manual record forwards to zPatch periodically since it's at the tail end of my load order and I hadn't planned on needing to re-generate it.  I can't recall the most recent edits prior to this happening, so unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be scrapping all those manual forwards for a fresh copy.

Edit:  Wow I'm an idiot; I updated some of the LotD plugins without rebuilding my zPatch and at some point it became riddled with bad references to changes that were no longer present in predecessors.

Edited by Baubledorst

If you're referring to providing a master so that the components will load, it doesn't particularly matter which version you fire up--merge plugins is just prompting that the masters are there, I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that merge plugins actually references anything -in- the master files you load when merging their subordinates.

ooo ok thanks!

Everything is working perfectly in the mod list except for the lighting- specifically the lighting at night in cities, villages, and Riverwood in particular where it's really distracting. I'm running into the problem of having too many light sources in one place that end up having weird effects on the surrounding textures; turning them black. They'll only turn back if I get really close to them. I've run into this problem before when using elfx together with mods that add more lighting sources. Is that the case in this mod pack too? Is that just the trade off for having good lighting in dungeons? Or did I do something wrong somewhere? I'm not sure if it's related, but I'm also having some weird spider wed effects. They seem to be invisible unless I get really close to them or look at them from specific angles. Is that the light refraction messing up? Is that normal, or is that them reacting poorly to my lighting problems? Thank you!

Does anyone have any expertise they can share on this issue? I'd really appreciate it!

As for the Provincial Courier, I'm hoping Lilly is a suitable replacement. I've grown tired of the lad becoming an irish house guest with the Jarl's first letter, and I find the office an eyesore. Belethor's shop is a much better hangout for a creepy court page.

Beware, our Dark Lady doesn't like Lilly ;) I do think she's a good improvement on the junky courier. I wish the author did a simple courier replacer and hadn't added all that 2 in 1 follower crap.

Bear in mind that you need to load the plugin after the CR merged plugin, because there are edits to the courier that will override her. No problem if you load it later. Also make sure that the smashed patch forwards the courier records correctly for lilly. It might not, because of the forced.all tag on the CR. FAIK you can load Lilly after the smashed patch, that's how I use her to save trouble, haven't found anything out of sorts yet.

Edited by godescalcus

• Once ReLinker completes place ReLinker Output folder that appears last in MO right before DynDOLOD - TexGen Output folder then Activate it.  i dont have the dyndolod - texgen output folder in my right plane. did i do something wrong or do i have to create this folder