Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm having an issue with Dyndolod causing a pre-load CTD. I finished my build, ran through all the steps in the Finishing Line section, and my game loads and appears to run fine... except when I activate Dyndolod. It appears to crash right before the game would normally open up from the load screen. Every time.

I had dyndolod working just fine last week (got a character up to level 14 before too much tinkering finally did me in). But now I can't seem to get it working.

I've tried deactivating all the other finishing line mods and Dyndolod still causes a CTD. I've rebuilt the entire finishing line section three times now - carefully following the instructions - and no dice. I looked at the handful of location-type additions I've made since my previous build. There were a couple with unoptimized nifs, so I ripped them out of my load and reran the finishing line section again. No luck.

SSELodgen, TexGen, and Dyndolod all completed successfully every time. I'm not sure what to try next. How do I pinpoint what's causing this?

P.S. I'm just testing it using COC Riverwood from the menu screen. Haven't even made my character yet, so there's no save issue going on.

Hello TheOnceler,

That might not be the best testing idea to COC to Riverwood directly without letting every mod to first initialize properly, thus explaining the crash not being related to DYNDOLOD nor xLODGen. I have never heard of any issue from these mods. Make sure everything is updated to the last version.

Try to launch the game normally, go to the alternate start cell and wait for the mods to run in the background. Then set the MCM as instructed by Lexy and any other you want (nothing to do with the DYNDOLOD MCM). Choose your path and go to bed to start the game. If you choose an outside start DYNDOLOD should initialize automatically I believe.

Alkira.

Are you deleting all the files except "Because of Reasons.Txt" in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache before you rerun it?  If not, that is your problem with it.

Yes I deleted them. The only other file in there when I run Dyndolod is the one mini atlas TexGen creates. I leave that because there are no instructions in the guide to delete it after running TexGen and I don't know if Dyndolod uses or needs it.

Hello TheOnceler,

That might not be the best testing idea to COC to Riverwood directly without letting every mod to first initialize properly, thus explaining the crash not being related to DYNDOLOD nor xLODGen. I have never heard of any issue from these mods. Make sure everything is updated to the last version.

Try to launch the game normally, go to the alternate start cell and wait for the mods to run in the background. Then set the MCM as instructed by Lexy and any other you want (nothing to do with the DYNDOLOD MCM). Choose your path and go to bed to start the game. If you choose an outside start DYNDOLOD should initialize automatically I believe.

Alkira.

Thank you. I will give that a try.

UPDATE: You were right, Alkira! I started a new game, let everything load in the alt start cell, and then just selected camping outside and it worked, no CTD. And here I thought I was doing good with all that testing - I guess it did work up to a point, just Dyndolod was the last straw that broke it.

Thank you so much!!!

Hi! I am baffled by the Prerequisites section, specifically setting up mod groups in LOOT:the instructions say to link up some nodes or other mod groups but since I don't have any mods installed yet, the only group showing up is "default" so it doesn't look like the beginning of the video linked in the guide. Should I revisit this section when I install all the mods or am I misunderstanding something?

UPDATE: You were right, Alkira! I started a new game, let everything load in the alt start cell, and then just selected camping outside and it worked, no CTD. And here I thought I was doing good with all that testing - I guess it did work up to a point, just Dyndolod was the last straw that broke it.

Thank you so much!!!

Glad it helped.

Alkira.

Hi! I am baffled by the Prerequisites section, specifically setting up mod groups in LOOT:the instructions say to link up some nodes or other mod groups but since I don't have any mods installed yet, the only group showing up is "default" so it doesn't look like the beginning of the video linked in the guide. Should I revisit this section when I install all the mods or am I misunderstanding something?

Hello Muzinzafrika,

I don't remember exactly but the first time you click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of LOOT's interface, you should see pre-created groups (which you cannot delete BTW, the grey ones). The pre-requisites page instructions only tell you to create the groups the plugins will be linked to later in the guide. In the guide for some plugins you will be told to add these to certain groups you've created at this pre-step.

I do also remember that the video is only showing you how to create a group and link it to another, not how the beginning of your installation should look like (we can easily guess the guide is done by the mods numbers in the left pane of MO in the video).

Hope it helps.

Alkira.

As Lexy has said you run LOOT outside of MO2 at least once so the master list updates and also populates the mod groups also make sure your firewall isn't blocking I know Windows 10 can do that sometimes.

Thanks for your help Alkira and Darth_mathias, it turns out running LOOT outside MO2 also meant sorting my load order, once I did that the mod groups populated as expected

I will sort out the wording on that cos you are not the first to comment maybe cos it an instinct for me I usually install LOOT, run LOOT sort load order all before I install MO2 and by sorting your load order LOOT auto updates (unless you turn that off).

Edit: Have updated the notice at the top of LOOT to also sort load order outside MO2 so the master list update properly.

In case anyone cares, the audio issue I was having earlier appears to have been caused by the Unofficial High Definition Audio Project's Music file. Once deactivated, the sounds for footsteps, weapons, doors, music...it all returns! Since this obviously isn't happening to everybody, I will re-download the mod and see if maybe it was just a corrupted file.

Do you have your MO2 mods and Skyrim running on a fast SSD? Audio files get loaded all the time and are possible causes of crashes or stutter. I've also had no audio before during testing but that got fixed once I went through with the finishing line.