Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

yes that is normal cos there is a lot to load. Thou I agree 10 mins does sound way too long mine takes a minute at most.

Oh hmm I wonder why mine takes so long to launch, I haven't installed anything outside of the guide and never had this issue with anything else on my SSD.

Anyone know what could be causing my game to take 10 minutes to launch? I tried disabling PrivateProfileRedirector but that didn't help.

Oh hmm I wonder why mine takes so long to launch, I haven't installed anything outside of the guide and never had this issue with anything else on my SSD.

Anyone know what could be causing my game to take 10 minutes to launch? I tried disabling PrivateProfileRedirector but that didn't help 

==================================================================================================

==================================================================================================

Try enabling the Shader Cache within your Video Driver settings ..

The first run using a newly installed ENB takes a very long time, as it has to create this Cache initially ..

Once the Shader Cache has been created .. the Startup Process takes much less time, as it only has to read from the already created Cache ..

You will notice the Tip at the top left of your screen as the Game is loading which advises this process ..

Hopefully this helps ..

Edited by DKZ

Anyone know what could be causing my game to take 10 minutes to launch? I tried disabling PrivateProfileRedirector but that didn't help 

Try enabling the Shader Cache within your Video Driver settings ..

The first run using a newly installed ENB takes a very long time, as it has to create this Cache initially ..

Once the Shader Cache has been created .. the Startup Process takes much less time, as it only has to read from the already created Cache ..

You will notice the Tip at the top left of your screen as the Game is loading which advises this process ..

Hopefully this helps ..

Thanks for the advice, I checked my Nvidia 3d Settings and Shader Cache was already on (Maybe I need to delete the old cache). I tried temporarily removing D3d11.dll and d3dcompiler which i think should determine if it's an ENB issue? Didn't work though still a 10 minute launch without ENB. 

Thanks for the advice, I checked my Nvidia 3d Settings and Shader Cache was already on (Maybe I need to delete the old cache). I tried temporarily removing D3d11.dll and d3dcompiler which i think should determine if it's an ENB issue? Didn't work though still a 10 minute launch without ENB. 

That is a weird one indeed ..

Definitely something going on .. 10 minutes is way too long ..

I'm at the merging stage. In the instruction for creating profiles it says to [Deactivate all mods] but that command isn't there. So do we Disable Visible in the left panel?

Rayhne hi! Simply put, once you have your "Legacy of the Dragonborn - Special Edition" profile done, and you are ready to start merges, create a new profile....under configure profiles tab(looks like credit card)..click Legacy profile, on right copy and rename Animals Merge(for first merge) and exit. Open the Animal profile which will look exactly like your main profile, if left pane right click, in new box..All mods..disable all visible.This will disable all the mods in left pane..ON THIS PROFILE ONLY. Activate the mods under Animal merge as shown only and build your merge. Do the same for each merge. This way if ever you need to rebuild a merge, you just go to that profile WITHOUT IT MESSING your main profile.........I guess a simply YES would have sufficed lol..don't know why i have this compulsion to explain in depth

Got everything working! (Well apart from the 10 minute launch thing). Pretty much the only mod I like that isn't a part of the guide is the plants from the Skyrim 3D trees and plants mod. Some of the trees look out of place but imo the plants meshes and textures are really nice. Was just wondering if anyone knows how I could add the 3D plants to my modlist. If I can get it all working I would be happy to share screenshots

Got everything working! (Well apart from the 10 minute launch thing). Pretty much the only mod I like that isn't a part of the guide is the plants from the Skyrim 3D trees and plants mod. Some of the trees look out of place but imo the plants meshes and textures are really nice. Was just wondering if anyone knows how I could add the 3D plants to my modlist. If I can get it all working I would be happy to share screenshots

We're using Enhanced Vanilla Trees in the guide. From 3D Trees and Plants description:

Incompatible

• any mods altering the meshes and/or textures of any trees like SFO, EVT, RAT, SBT etc

so I don't think it's going to work. I could be wrong however, it has been known to happen.

I was just wanting to confirm as it wasn't entirely clear, for the OMEGA LOTD Patches that we split out, are these `OMEGA MLU LOTD Patch - Lexy LOTD Merged Patch version.esp`, and `OMEGA ZIA LOTD Patch.esp`? (These were the only two `LOTD` patches that were not moved via the MLU patch.

nC7uhF3.png

PBPSw9b.png

If i understand what you are saying.....once you install the guide, you will play it to the end? "then play the game for probably a year", and once done, not visit the game for a few years? All i can say is that the guide will ALWAYS be updated as mod authors change their mods and new one come available. You have to chose a point/place you are happy with i.e you like whats in the guide at that time, and then STOP modding and play. When you come to it again it might be a total different beast, that will require a new install etc. If you are going to wait....SORRY you are in for a very long wait! Just look at the guide and if you like the general feel, install, possibly add a mod or two you like(bear in mind you will need to check for conflicts and fix yourself) and play....worry about tomorrow, tomorrow

I haven't played Skyrim in half a decade so I don't know what I want; so I'm asking if people think that all the must-have mods have made it to this guide, or if I should wait till they have. I would be happy making updates to my game but someone said that I should restart my campaign after any update to avoid messing my game up. so I won't update if that's the case. thx 4 da reply

Edited by xxPYROxxJONESxx

Hey, are there any mods that people are still waiting to come to SSE? (and this guide) (i know many have been replaced with equivalents)

has this guide finally surpassed the legacy edition?

fallout has New California & The Frontier; I'm wondering if Skyrim has any massive mods on the horizon?

congratulations on your recent 'stable' release by the way.

Cheers

Hey, are there any mods that people are still waiting to come to SSE? (and this guide) (i know many have been replaced with equivalents)

has this guide finally surpassed the legacy edition?

fallout has New California & The Frontier; I'm wondering if Skyrim has any massive mods on the horizon?

congratulations on your recent 'stable' release by the way.

Cheers

it hasn't surpassed the LE verison yet still waiting on few things like CCOR, Timing is everything and ESF Companions. I do know Kryptopyr is working on CCOR.

I was just wanting to confirm as it wasn't entirely clear, for the OMEGA LOTD Patches that we split out, are these `OMEGA MLU LOTD Patch - Lexy LOTD Merged Patch version.esp`, and `OMEGA ZIA LOTD Patch.esp`? (These were the only two `LOTD` patches that were not moved via the MLU patch.

nC7uhF3.png

PBPSw9b.png

that is correct. also if you get stuck check out PhoenixSunStar01 he has been doing a full install of this guide on youtube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLVYcme1N7sXo9yzRMi1Izf8jhCnZ1x54