Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

This video is of someone who has the same bug with archery in 1st person that I am experiencing. You can never hit the target in 1st person with this bug. 3rd person works just fine.

Yesterday in Discord several people tried to help me fix this bug to no avail. The first suggestion was to rerun FNIS which I did. While troubleshooting I noticed that XPMSE.esp is not checked in the right pane. Everyone who was trying to help me said that plug-in was enabled for them. I enabled the plugin to run a test with Wrye Bash. When I selected Rebuild Patch, Wrye Bash disables XPMSE.esp. I stopped there and did not rebuild my bashed patch.

This morning I found that video linked above and in a couple of the replies someone said the bug is related to XPMSE. I’m guessing the bug may be happening because XPMSE.esp got disabled by Wrye Bash when it shouldn’t have. Here is my plan to try and fix the bug.

1. Archive my current bashed patch file

2, Rebuild the bashed patch without disabling XPMSE.

3. Enable XPMSE.esp in right pane.

4. Launch game to see if that fixed it.

5. If not rerun FNIS and then launch the game.

6. If it still isn’t fixed, delete the skeleton.nif file in the XPMSE mod and launch the game.

Anyone see any issues with that plan?

I ask because the WICO version in the guise doesn't have a not-nude version.

Then don't worry about it. Trust me - for any mod that does present the option, select the SFW options, and all comes out safe on the far end. The ones that don't have the option get overwritten by those that do. As I said, I run the same kinds of options.

I haven't played Skyrim in half a decade so I don't know what I want; so I'm asking if people think that all the must-have mods have made it to this guide, or if I should wait till they have. I would be happy making updates to my game but someone said that I should restart my campaign after any update to avoid messing my game up. so I won't update if that's the case. thx 4 da reply

Ask ten people about must have Skyrim mods, get ten different answers. That said, apart from the ones that Lexy mentioned, it's just about all here, though there are at least two major changes on the horizon (A rebuild of LoTD and another one called Odyssey of the Dragonborn) that will change things up a bit.

As to the second half - that's SORT of true. In general, if you are adding a mod or updating a mod, it's safe to do so mid game (exceptions exist, but the mod authors generally make that clear). Removal of mods is far more problematic, and should definitely be avoided midgame. As with all things mod related, YMMV.

When doing the Wyre Bash Patch .... some of the Merged Files created can be merged in the Wyre bash patch .... should this be allowed ?

In short - Yes.

This video is of someone who has the same bug with archery in 1st person that I am experiencing. You can never hit the target in 1st person with this bug. 3rd person works just fine.

Yesterday in Discord several people tried to help me fix this bug to no avail. The first suggestion was to rerun FNIS which I did. While troubleshooting I noticed that XPMSE.esp is not checked in the right pane. Everyone who was trying to help me said that plug-in was enabled for them. I enabled the plugin to run a test with Wrye Bash. When I selected Rebuild Patch, Wrye Bash disables XPMSE.esp. I stopped there and did not rebuild my bashed patch.

This morning I found that video linked above and in a couple of the replies someone said the bug is related to XPMSE. I’m guessing the bug may be happening because XPMSE.esp got disabled by Wrye Bash when it shouldn’t have. Here is my plan to try and fix the bug.

1. Archive my current bashed patch file

2, Rebuild the bashed patch without disabling XPMSE.

3. Enable XPMSE.esp in right pane.

4. Launch game to see if that fixed it.

5. If not rerun FNIS and then launch the game.

6. If it still isn’t fixed, delete the skeleton.nif file in the XPMSE mod and launch the game.

Anyone see any issues with that plan?

The plan looks good - ensure that XPMSE is turned off in the LEFT pane, as otherwise if WB was merging it before, it will continue to do so if you anly disable it in the right. I'd be far more concerned about the fact that it's marked for merging in the first place. Knowing I'm likely repeating the guys on Discord, have you marked XMPSE as NoMerge in WB and tried it that way? Would take less effort if it works.

Shadriss,

The guys in Discord raised the same concern because for them WB did not merge XPMSE and it was checked in their right pane as a stand-alone ESP. I used the version of WB linked in the guide 307 beta 3. I believe I followed the guide as written when it comes to creating the Bashed patch so I didn’t do anything related to XPMSE to tag it as NoMerge.

Aside from this problem that XPMSE.esp should not have gotten merged in the Bashed patch, I now wonder if there were any other mods that got included but shouldn’t have. I selected OK when WB displayed a pop up window notifying me of the mods (a lot) that would get merged and disabled in the right pane.

Lastly, after I create a new Bashed patch, will I also need to create a new Smashed patch and run Zedit?

Shadriss,

The guys in Discord raised the same concern because for them WB did not merge XPMSE and it was checked in their right pane as a stand-alone ESP. I used the version of WB linked in the guide 307 beta 3. I believe I followed the guide as written when it comes to creating the Bashed patch so I didn’t do anything related to XPMSE to tag it as NoMerge.

Aside from this problem that XPMSE.esp should not have gotten merged in the Bashed patch, I now wonder if there were any other mods that got included but shouldn’t have. I selected OK when WB displayed a pop up window notifying me of the mods (a lot) that would get merged and disabled in the right pane.

Lastly, after I create a new Bashed patch, will I also need to create a new Smashed patch and run Zedit?

As I said - figured it had been mentioned. If you haven't tried it, it's worth the effort - if it works with the NoMerge, then you don't have to remember to take all those extra steps every time you rebuild the Bashed.

As to the other, yes, any time you rebuild Bashed, Smash and zEdit should be redone as well, as their information is based on Bashed's as well, to a degree.

there will never be an actual "v1.0". The idea of the Nexus version is to just have a place that doesn't get updated as regular so users can install without having to constantly go back over cos I constant tweaking.

Some of you have been asking for this sort of thing and now I have done some aren't happy I have done it. So Basically, pick a version and stick with it.

Good enough! I understand your point then...

Anyone know how to make the Fog more transparent? The fog seems too solid white and it's really distracting during rainy/foggy weathers especially combined with blowing snow. It seems like it pops in too close as well when i'm running and looks bad when it pops in. It could just be me though, I'll post a video if i don't find a solution soon.

Bruma Patches for CH has been updated to 1.4 .... the 1.3 is not available for download !

Yes that's right I'm just updating now! I guess you should juts select the convenient horse one.  Once installed, if you look into explorer in MO2 you should have this only one esp which is "CH Bruma Patch.esp" plus the others folders/directories for related contents.

Hey Lexy, Lightning during storms updated to v2.0 and Desmera update the compatibility patch for it, do we need a new obsidian consistency patch from you or de we need to update the previous two?

not being impatient just throwin it out there.

I actually don't know not had a chance to look at and won't get time until next week due to family being here for the weekend.