Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I actually don't know not had a chance to look at and won't get time until next week due to family being here for the weekend.

No Worries Lexy, you have a great weekend with your family, real life comes first. I could have found out myself but I was just lazy to load up SSEEdit and look for myself.

I keep getting a CTD at the same area while walking up the steps halfway between Ivarstead and High Hrothgar. Anyone know what could be causing this or how I can troubleshoot it?

j135 hi! No i haven't read or heard anything in that area..so just a random thought! Climbing the stairs you often meet bear, wolves and other creatures, so in your mcm skyrim immersive creatures menu, have you turned off goblin spawns etc in creature toggle section....a lot of people encounter ctd with goblin spawning on SE, as said just a thought

I posted this same error over in the Relinker forum:

I need to know Mod Organizer's root folder [e:\Mod Organizer 2]
---> e:\Mod Organizer 2
I need to know Mod Organizer's Mods folder [e:\Mod Organizer 2\mods]
---> e:\Mod Organizer 2\mods

Alright, let's get started.

First, search the Mods folder for merged plugins.
  File "<string>", line 222, in <module>
  File "configparser.py", line 778, in get
  File "configparser.py", line 1138, in _unify_values

<class 'configparser.NoSectionError'>: No section: 'General'
Press Enter to exit...

Shadriss posted this in response to someone who had the same problem:

Same thing I was seeing recently. Here's what's happening - It's looking in the MO folder you provided for the profiles folder... which isn't there in one version of the MO2 install. Instead, point that one at the folder where the profiles are kept (in my case, C:\Users\(user name)\appdata\local\modorganizer), and it should work fine.

My profiles are in the MO2 folder, not the filepath Shadriss has that works for him.   Any ideas what is causing my error?  Some folks on Discord tried to walk me thru troubleshooting but they said I followed the guide correctly (using 64 bit version 40, MO2 is closed).

Rescorla hi! I'm not sure what that error reflects, but...just to verify, you are using version 40 of relinker and you are not running it through MO2?. Secondly did you deactivate SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm, before running relinker. Thirdly try re downloading relinker in case of a corrupt download

I keep getting a CTD at the same area while walking up the steps halfway between Ivarstead and High Hrothgar. Anyone know what could be causing this or how I can troubleshoot it?

meh321 has put up a new mod that will definitely help with troubleshooting. I had a similar issue just outside Dawnstar a few days ago - crash approaching from any direction. I installed .NET Script Framework Framework , booted up, headed for the bad area and crashed. I looked at the crash report and the formid with the bad mesh causing the crash was sitting at the top of the stack. 21 minutes from install to fix. 

• +1 1

meh321 has put up a new mod that will definitely help with troubleshooting. I had a similar issue just outside Dawnstar a few days ago - crash approaching from any direction. I installed .NET Script Framework Framework , booted up, headed for the bad area and crashed. I looked at the crash report and the formid with the bad mesh causing the crash was sitting at the top of the stack. 21 minutes from install to fix. 

Ahh this is good to know..thank you for the feed back..i will look at that

I actually installed this yesterday but I wasn't sure exactly how to use the Crash Log. The error seems to be occurring at 0x7FF74FBFB363 on Thread 14140. Do you know how I can figure out which mod this is?

I posted this same error over in the Relinker forum:

I need to know Mod Organizer's root folder [e:\Mod Organizer 2]
---> e:\Mod Organizer 2
I need to know Mod Organizer's Mods folder [e:\Mod Organizer 2\mods]
---> e:\Mod Organizer 2\mods

Alright, let's get started.

First, search the Mods folder for merged plugins.
  File "<string>", line 222, in <module>
  File "configparser.py", line 778, in get
  File "configparser.py", line 1138, in _unify_values

<class 'configparser.NoSectionError'>: No section: 'General'
Press Enter to exit...

Shadriss posted this in response to someone who had the same problem:

Same thing I was seeing recently. Here's what's happening - It's looking in the MO folder you provided for the profiles folder... which isn't there in one version of the MO2 install. Instead, point that one at the folder where the profiles are kept (in my case, C:\Users\(user name)\appdata\local\modorganizer), and it should work fine.

My profiles are in the MO2 folder, not the filepath Shadriss has that works for him.   Any ideas what is causing my error?  Some folks on Discord tried to walk me thru troubleshooting but they said I followed the guide correctly (using 64 bit version 40, MO2 is closed).

TO be clear, that particular bit of advice was when I was not running MO2 in portable mode - that was in instance. Even so (as we talked about today in Discord) this should be working. A complete reinstall, as suggested, may be the next thing to try.

I actually installed this yesterday but I wasn't sure exactly how to use the Crash Log. The error seems to be occurring at 0x7FF74FBFB363 on Thread 14140. Do you know how I can figure out which mod this is?

I've looked at most of the crash logs that got posted on the mod's site, and couldn't interpret all of them. meh321 said that most simple issues (ones that aren't game engine errors or dll type mods) will have the formid of the offending record at the top of the 'stack'. That's towards the end of the crash log. The top of the stack for my crash had (TESObjectREFR*) [0xC607E091 (Reference)] (BaseForm):[0xC605A55A (Static)] . C605A55A was the formid for a mesh in my merged No Snow on the Roof. I'd unticked the mod in the left pane in error at some point so I crashed when the game tried to load a mesh from that mod.

If it's not that simple you can try posting your crash report on the mod.

Edited by nickrud

Hello people, Hi Lexy, hope you are doing great along with your loved ones, you rock as usual.

Questions for anyone out there, after 2 years of pause playing Skyrim (rl and Lotro kept me busy), now Im back, but with a humble card, the rx580, 4 gb, so Im choosing downgraded versions of all mods whenever is possible.

1) Legacy Of The Dragonborn - High Resolution Textures: how much stress those textures put on a system?, I dont remember this as a thing, since they are or should be only artifacts and not buildings or entire places. Any experience on it?, I know I can ask in the mods page at Nexus, but I rather prefer to do it here.

2) Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover: is not available at the link, it seems the author has again hide it... should be ok to install the LE edition, edite with CK and then run nif optimizer?, any experience with it?, it seems that DarkLadyLexy prefers it over Verdant, which btw I dont know if is a valid alternative, since there is some patches and merges around and Im so early in the guide that Im afraid that if I switch to Verdant SSE I would have a headache later trying to make it work.

Thanks in advance everybody! :)

Edited by Electronauta

Hello people, Hi Lexy, hope you are doing great along with your loved ones, you rock as usual.

Questions for anyone out there, after 2 years of pause playing Skyrim (rl and Lotro kept me busy), now Im back, but with a humble card, the rx580, 4 gb, so Im choosing downgraded versions of all mods whenever is possible.

1) Legacy Of The Dragonborn - High Resolution Textures: how much stress those textures put on a system?, I dont remember this as a thing, since they are or should be only artifacts and not buildings or entire places. Any experience on it?, I know I can ask in the mods page at Nexus, but I rather prefer to do it here.

2) Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover: is not available at the link, it seems the author has again hide it... should be ok to install the LE edition, edite with CK and then run nif optimizer?, any experience with it?, it seems that DarkLadyLexy prefers it over Verdant, which btw I dont know if is a valid alternative, since there is some patches and merges around and Im so early in the guide that Im afraid that if I switch to Verdant SSE I would have a headache later trying to make it work.

Thanks in advance everybody! :)

1. it shouldn't tax you system too much the biggest will be DynDOLOD, xLODGEN and the ENB.

2. yes i will likely be swapping back to Verdant next update it can used as direct replacement for Veydosebrom. If you really want Veydosebrom download the LE verison run the esp through the CK and nif optimize the meshes.

What do we do with the Bashed Patch? Turn it into a mod?

Yes.

1. it shouldn't tax you system too much the biggest will be DynDOLOD, xLODGEN and the ENB.

2. yes i will likely be swapping back to Verdant next update it can used as direct replacement for Veydosebrom. If you really want Veydosebrom download the LE verison run the esp through the CK and nif optimize the meshes.

Thank you DarkladyLexy!, will stick with Verdant but also will let the Veydosebrom LE correctly ported rest in my list, so will give a try later in game.

BTW, Performance optimized textures for SSE... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21166?tab=posts, has now being modified to just one set, instead of two sets, one High Res and the other Low Res, now is just one set, that in the words of the modder: "both high & medium resolution packs were replaced, there are now only two parts to the files now". They have no correlation with the previous ones in size, so i guess is a new approach, luckily or not, I got the previous on my list, :)

... and Noble Skyrim Mod HD-2K, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21423?tab=description, the author (Shutt3r) has ported it to SSE, so no longer is needed the workwrounds for the LE edition. Just my two cents and my regards to DarthMathias