Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey DarkladyLexy,

I was so excitied to find this thread this morning! I ran through the pre-req's and I found one edit for you in the below section.

Installing Mod Organizer 2

• A 5th popup should appear asking if you want see the tutorial. Those who are new to Mod Organizer 2 should select Yes those who are very familiar with it should Select No.
  • On the "Instance" pop up be sure to select "Portable"

10694-0-1499007443.png

I chose "New" on that popup and because of it, ran into the problem linked below where the Merge Plugins settings won't detect MO 2's path and therefore won't let you save the settings; 

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11848-having-issues-with-merge-plugins-standalone/?do=findComment&comment=195999

I'll run through the DynDoLOD section(s) next.

I'm SO excited about this project!!!!

-Xaxilis

Ok guys I have switched the guide to use the portable mode of MO2 hopefully didn't missing anything if I did give me shout and I'll sort it out.

Darklady_Lexy, I initially installed MO2 using the Portable option because of what Xaxilis posted.  That apparently truly means portable, because I've copied my 'Mod Organizer 2' directory, renamed it 'ModOrganizer2-LexySSE', and pasted it in my Steam Common directory.  My original MO2 directory is still there in my SSE directory, as a backup.  So far no problems: MO2 knew about the directory change, all the tools directories are still in the SSE directory, and everything seems to function as needed.  I've had my Downloads directory on a different drive for space management and to separate that busy directory from the rest of the game.  The new MO2 instance found it without a problem because of the '%BASE_DIR%' construct used in MO2.

The changes to the Prerequisites Page look good.  I look forward to seeing more of the Main guide.

Darklady_Lexy, I initially installed MO2 using the Portable option because of what Xaxilis posted.  That apparently truly means portable, because I've copied my 'Mod Organizer 2' directory, renamed it 'ModOrganizer2-LexySSE', and pasted it in my Steam Common directory.  My original MO2 directory is still there in my SSE directory, as a backup.  So far no problems: MO2 knew about the directory change, all the tools directories are still in the SSE directory, and everything seems to function as needed.  I've had my Downloads directory on a different drive for space management and to separate that busy directory from the rest of the game.  The new MO2 instance found it without a problem because of the '%BASE_DIR%' construct used in MO2.

The changes to the Prerequisites Page look good.  I look forward to seeing more of the Main guide.

Yes Xaxilis did mention that but like I said I originally had issues redirecting my downloads folder cos I don't want that taking up space on my SSD which is why I went the way I did. I realized what I was doing wrong plus I didn't have both the 64 bit and the 32 bit of the C++ redistributable but I do now. That why this a pre-alpha test build cos I still learning things as i go along there maybe some silly errors but we'll iron them out over time ^_^.

Yes Xaxilis did mention that but like I said I originally had issues redirecting my downloads folder cos I don't want that taking up space on my SSD which is why I went the way I did. I realized what I was doing wrong plus I didn't have both the 64 bit and the 32 bit of the C++ redistributable but I do now. That why this a pre-alpha test build cos I still learning things as i go along there maybe some silly errors but we'll iron them out over time ^_^.

Understood.  ::):

Darklady_Lexy, the Vivid Weathers Definitive Edition Collapsible FOMOD Instructions need some updating.  'Alternative Rain Effects' is no longer an Alternative Addons option, and 'Sounds of Skyrim' has been added as an option to the Compatibility Patches section.  Maybe SoS will be added to the build.

Edited by Decopauge123

Darklady_Lexy, the Vivid Weathers Definitive Edition Collapsible FOMOD Instructions need some updating.  'Alternative Rain Effects' is no longer an Alternative Addons option, and 'Sounds of Skyrim' has been added as an option to the Compatibility Patches section.  Maybe SoS will be added to the build.

attachicon.gifVividWeather2.15.jpg

fixed I actually haven't planned on you sound of skyrim.

FYI, I posted to TechAngel85's thread and asked him to clarify about the shortcuts.  They just didn't make sense to me.  Here's the update;

Xaxilis, on 18 Jan 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Hi  TechAngel85,

I'm not understanding the below process DarkladyLexy asked about.  Why create the shortcuts with the "-sse" arguments then, in Mod Organizer 2, link to the executables  and add "-sse" in the MO 2's Argument field?  It would appear to me that the shortcuts are never being used and the needed argument is being passed by MO 2?

Ah, I guess I misread that. No, the shortcuts are no longer necessary with MO back in the picture. I'll remove that from the guide.

Edited by Xaxilis

Okay so I have being testing of SMIM & Ruins clutter improved.

Mainly the changes made to the candles over the last 2 versions of both mods and if it will cause any issues.

For anyone that is not aware RCI used the default path for candles_01 textures up until the current version.

This was okay when those textures were the same shape as vanilla.

Comparison shot https://i.imgur.com/rr4WMu7.jpg Top left vanilla, bottom left RCI 2.8, right RCI 2.9 & 3.0 (texture path changed in 3.0).

And those textures using the default path were carried over to the last version of smim, including some meshes.

Some shots of problems it causes depending on whether SMIM's version candle textures are used or overwritten.

Leanwolfs Enchanting table with smim candle01 https://i.imgur.com/RpCMZeX.jpgwith 

and here it is RUSTIC ALCHEMY and ENCHANTING TABLES https://i.imgur.com/8ty0zS6.png which overwrites candle01

Smim lantern with rustic alchemy candle01 https://i.imgur.com/aU4GLs4.png

SMIM meshes with RCI 2.9 candle01 dependency, I have found so far. 

Easiest fix so far is make sure you don't overwrite the smim candle01 textures. But you will still have issues with meshes that use the default candle01 shape. You could also let RCI overwrite SMIM, but then you would be losing some mesh improvements.

And I'm not sure if RCI covers all those meshes anyway.

I think the better fix is to change the meshes to use the new RCI candles texture path.

I have this done for the above meshes.

I would upload the fix, but I'm not sure what the permission are when both SMIM & RCI changes are included in said meshes.

Edited by cptmcsplody