Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Ostegun I have had the same issue. I actually can't even find where the heck xLODGen put its output and am having trouble finding it in the logs. This has never happened before; it always goes right to SSELODGen_Output just like the arguments say, and I haven't changed anything. I don't think it's an antivirus issue; in fact I thought that it maybe had to do with the new Skyrim update? I've obviously left my game at the old version until the mods catch up, but I thought maybe the newest version of xLODGen was updated to work with the new version of Skyrim? Is xLODGen even a program that needs to be updated with the game? I don't know but the problem only started since this damn update.

As I mentioned before, xLODGen (after the update) put the files into a new folder "skyrim" in the root path of my drive where I have xLODGen installed.

It was all there, just not where it's supposed to be.

Hello everybody, hope you are doing great.

Im busy right now doing the last adjustments to my modded SSE, full guide and some mods I like on top of it.

My first mistake was not being aware that those esl files doesnt count for the 255 limit, so now Im unmerging some of my owns merges to use them loose and including a few more since I have the slots for it.

But, concerning the guide itself, i have two questions because my eternal pursuit of perfomance, since Im using a RX 580 4 gb:

1) Does someone used the Grass FPS booster mod?: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20082?tab=files

It has a pretty clear walktrough, how to make it work with Verdant, so wondering if can get some extra fps for it.

2) Now, the second one question is a tricky one, because involve reinstalling Enhanced Vanilla Trees, and any lod/patch necessaries, for two reasons, the first is that I really dont like the extremely crowded view of the Whiterun landscape, so I want to install the smallest trees that comes with the mod, and second want to save a few vram mb in the process, but in my efforts I ended up with some trees supposely covered with snow showing the infamous purple missing texture thing, and no matter how I tried to re install the mod, always those tress were affected, while all others were just fine, at least the ones I could find around.

Can a merciful soul could give me some instructions how to proper install the enhanced vanilla trees and proper lods for smaller trees?, and then also: do I have to keep not using the [Lexys LOTD Billboards] and the [beyond Skyrim - Bruma Tree LOD billboards] if I use the smaller version?

Thanks in advance, and what amazing guide, and how much work from everyone involved, really, this community never stop amazing with their generosity in time and talents.

Kudos.

Edited by Electronauta

As I mentioned before, xLODGen (after the update) put the files into a new folder "skyrim" in the root path of my drive where I have xLODGen installed.

It was all there, just not where it's supposed to be.

In my case it says Skyrim.ini not found. So the actual files are not even created.

I've tried copying the ini from the MO2 profiles to different locations see if XLODGen would find it but nothing. I know it was a crazy wild try to fix it.

So still stuck at that point of the finish line. checked online and no solutions yet found.

In my case it says Skyrim.ini not found. So the actual files are not even created.

I've tried copying the ini from the MO2 profiles to different locations see if XLODGen would find it but nothing. I know it was a crazy wild try to fix it.

So still stuck at that point of the finish line. checked online and no solutions yet found.

sound like you need to launch Skyrim through STEAM to setup the orginal ini files

I've seen that "SSEEdit Cache" folder pop up in the logs too. When I check it, it's always empty. I was just planning on waiting it out until the guide is updated, but seeing as I'm not the only one with this problem there has to be something going on...

The SSEEdit Cache is created by SSEEdit (go figure right?) as a set of files, on a per mod basis, that has all the information that SSEEdit collects on load for that mod. In short, it helps SSEEdit load up quicker once you select the mods you want to look at. It can be safely deleted if you wish, but otherwise, what I (and others) have done is create a mod folder for it and move the data from Overwrite into that mod. It won't affect your game doing that, but it will speed up SSEEdit load times significantly.

Since xLODGEN and DYNDOLOD are both built off of SSEEdit, it's likely that the folder shows up as a result of running those programs. If it's empty, again, no worries, and it can be safely ignored.

Edited by Shadriss

I’ve been away from Skyrim for years and am excited to get back into it. My first act? Seeking this guide. You guys are amazing!

I have a few questions. I’m not that far through the whole process, and am wondering if it’s okay to leave out certain mods? Mostly things like quests I have no interest in. Certain weapon and armour packs. Would that do terrible things?

Also, if I intend to add mesh or texture replaces can I just layer them over my final version? How about adding things like ApachiiSkyHair, or different npc visual overhauls? I imagine npc visual influencers would need to installed long before I start the merging stuff at th end of thenguide?

After spending the time writing this I realize that I didn’t think to look for an FAQ... really hope I didn’t miss it.

Thanks so much for all the teams hard work and if you’re able to find the time to respond!

I’ve been away from Skyrim for years and am excited to get back into it. My first act? Seeking this guide. You guys are amazing!

I have a few questions. I’m not that far through the whole process, and am wondering if it’s okay to leave out certain mods? Mostly things like quests I have no interest in. Certain weapon and armour packs. Would that do terrible things?

Also, if I intend to add mesh or texture replaces can I just layer them over my final version? How about adding things like ApachiiSkyHair, or different npc visual overhauls? I imagine npc visual influencers would need to installed long before I start the merging stuff at th end of thenguide?

After spending the time writing this I realize that I didn’t think to look for an FAQ... really hope I didn’t miss it.

Thanks so much for all the teams hard work and if you’re able to find the time to respond!

Quick Version Answers:

A) You CAN leave out mods - however, if those mods are masters in the CR files that Lexy provides, you will have to clean those masters out using xEdit. There's a quick guide for how to do that in the Troubleshooting portion of the guide (links at the bottom of the main page, IIRC). As to if it does terrible things or not... who knows? Only way to find out...

B) Straight texture replacements aren't an issue...

C) Meshes MAY be an issue...

and D) NPC stuffs likely WILL be an issue, and will require you to do your own CR'ing. There's a lot of NPC related CR'ing in the base guide and making those play together nicely with anything you may pile on top of that may result in Black Face or any number of other issues. Not saying it can't be done, but *I* wouldn't want to try it. Then again, I'm not a 1337 modder like Lexy and Crew. :)

Edited by Shadriss
  • +1 1

Quick Version Answers:

A) You CAN leave out mods - however, if those mods are masters in the CR files that Lexy provides, you will have to clean those masters out using xEdit. There's a quick guide for how to do that in the Troubleshooting portion of the guide (links at the bottom of the main page, IIRC). As to if it does terrible things or not... who knows? Only way to find out...

B) Straight texture replacements aren't an issue...

C) Meshes MAY be an issue...

and D) NPC stuffs likely WILL be an issue, and will require you to do your own CR'ing. There's a lot of NPC related CR'ing in the base guide and making those play together nicely with anything you may pile on top of that may result in Black Face or any number of other issues. Not saying it can't be done, but *I* wouldn't want to try it. Then again, I'm not a 1337 modder like Lexy and Crew. :)

Thanks for the great answer :)

Do you think armour mesh replacers would be the type to have big issues? If so would it make sense to slap em in amonst a section and in a merge with similar mods according to LOOT organization?

Do you know If I could still slot CBBE in? I really want to be able to use Bodyslide as well.

Also, I think I know the answer but... is there any reason other than modularity not to just merge mods in MO2 with their updates or add-ons? Like ApachiSkyHair and it's plethora of addons?

Oh... one more! I'm noticing that when I right click a mod in the left pane of MO2 and select Visit Web Page it takes me to completely different pages that I recently visited... not even necessarily Nexus... any ideas?

Edited by phrozehn

Thanks for the great answer :)

Do you think armour mesh replacers would be the type to have big issues? If so would it make sense to slap em in amonst a section and in a merge with similar mods according to LOOT organization?

Do you know If I could still slot CBBE in? I really want to be able to use Bodyslide as well.

Also, I think I know the answer but... is there any reason other than modularity not to just merge mods in MO2 with their updates or add-ons? Like ApachiSkyHair and it's plethora of addons?

Oh... one more! I'm noticing that when I right click a mod in the left pane of MO2 and select Visit Web Page it takes me to completely different pages that I recently visited... not even necessarily Nexus... any ideas?

(Deep Breath)

Armor mesh replacers would conflict with Guide instructions, so would need to have the guide solutions removed in favor of yours (or at least have yours loaded after the guide ones to cover any that yours wouldn't). Again, any CR'ing involved in this would be on you.

CBBE can be used, but see previous note on CR'ing. Also, you may want to visit the Discord server - this one has come up there a few times, and so some previous discussions there may be of use to you, as well as other modders' solutions to CBBE WRT this guide.

I don't do a lot of merging, but so long as any mods you merge that use scripts have Relinker (or zMerge if you use that) run on them, there shouldn't be too much in the way of issues... however, there's a lot of ifs/ands involved in that process, and I don't know enough about it to give you a definitive answer.

Aaaaaaaand finally... nope. No ideas. Did you set up your account credentials in MO2 properly? (breathes again)

(Deep Breath)

Armor mesh replacers would conflict with Guide instructions, so would need to have the guide solutions removed in favor of yours (or at least have yours loaded after the guide ones to cover any that yours wouldn't). Again, any CR'ing involved in this would be on you.

CBBE can be used, but see previous note on CR'ing. Also, you may want to visit the Discord server - this one has come up there a few times, and so some previous discussions there may be of use to you, as well as other modders' solutions to CBBE WRT this guide.

I don't do a lot of merging, but so long as any mods you merge that use scripts have Relinker (or zMerge if you use that) run on them, there shouldn't be too much in the way of issues... however, there's a lot of ifs/ands involved in that process, and I don't know enough about it to give you a definitive answer.

Aaaaaaaand finally... nope. No ideas. Did you set up your account credentials in MO2 properly? (breathes again)

Thanks man, you're the best :) Thanks!

One last question...(please don't hate me) There's no problem selecting compatibility options in FOMOD installers and then not using the mod you DL'd the compatibility for right? Just wind up with an extra ESP that I can deactivate? Like right now I"m staring at Burma Compatibility for Campfire and IA. I know this one wont matter because it's very minor if I chose not to DL it, but I'm thinking of potentially bigge rmods.

Thanks again for taking so much time to respond to my long se tof questions :)

Oh, also: It seems fomr looking at the merge page that those merges are custom, so leaving out mods wont affect merge patches... it would only be a problem if they're necessary in the CR patches the bottom of the main page? And even those I could fix by removing them with SSEEdit?