Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey guys I decided to immeditately push through the recent STEP DEV changes to the NEXUS Version. This means both versions should be update wit the latest SKSE.[/size]

Hi Lexy! In the STEP dev guide nothing is indicated as having to be regenerated (merges etc). Previous updates have indicated this. Simple omission or is it actually not necessary?

Hi Lexy! In the STEP dev guide nothing is indicated as having to be regenerated (merges etc). Previous updates have indicated this. Simple omission or is it actually not necessary?

it did not need this time as this was only to update SKSE plugins to the latest versions. Now due to USSEP and Ultimate Combat you could if you wanted to update FNIS, BASH, SMASH, zEdit but the wife has said it is not strictly necessary this time around. 

it did not need this time as this was only to update SKSE plugins to the latest versions. Now due to USSEP and Ultimate Combat you could if you wanted to update FNIS, BASH, SMASH, zEdit but the wife has said it is not strictly necessary this time around.

Super, thank you! Good news :)

Oh, also: It seems fomr looking at the merge page that those merges are custom, so leaving out mods wont affect merge patches... it would only be a problem if they're necessary in the CR patches the bottom of the main page? And even those I could fix by removing them with SSEEdit?

Just adding a couple of quick notes that you may want to consider (or not) tho what Shadriss said. The first is that, while the procedure to remove masters from the CR files works in most cases, in some cases it may not: what it does is let you find references to the master files that you're removing and remove those, so you can remove the master file as well with 'clean masters'. However, the CR plugins may have other edits that were made to account for the mod you're removing from your load order, that do not explicitly link to a record in that mod. These will probably not be game breaking, but could result in things like odd visuals. The second is that in some merges you build with Merge Plugins Standalone the records from the original plugins get renumbered. If you have a merged plugin that's referenced in a later file provided by Lexy, like a CR or smash override, you could have broken references if you build it differently. Not saying you will have, but you could. I started, like you, by adding and removing things at will, but it became much more convenient to just include everything that's either referenced in CR or included in merges. My load order has become more stable as a result. I'm not exaggerating... It's true that you can add and remove what you want as long as you can do your own conflict resolution, but it's also true that the full guide is what's been tested, corrected, tweaked and made to work. If I had known better, I would have followed the guide exactly at first, play it and get the feel of it and then make my own adjustments - which is what the devs recommend. I say this, not just because of game stability but because of game content and mechanics as well. I've kept most of the combat, immersion and gameplay section out of my builds for years and after trying them out, I can't go back.

That said, you have a lot of people in this community doing all sorts of experiments - which means if you ask about some non-guide mod you'll probably find someone who's running it. The truth is, however, that those people's experience with non-guide mods is based uniquely on their personal load order, and no guarantee that it would work for you as well. I'm sorry, I do sound like I'm championing the particular load order and the choices made in the guide over any others, and I don't mean to do that. Just want to emphasize the practical aspect of the fact that this guide is not a simple load order suggestion, like many other guides I've seen. It's a full recipe for a very stable game and the only sure way to achieve that result is to follow it thoroughly. With knowledge and experience, you can adapt everything, but it does take extra work.

O my god. Finally sorry about this. Apparently I had deleted the files previously. Launched the launcher of the game and it created them again.

I tend to delete folders when I think they are irrelevant. Bad me bad me.

When I launched the skyrim launcher again it created skyrim.ini where it was supposed to be.

So I ran XLODGEN64 but it crashed again.

Now stuck at wondering what the issue is.

Could it be because the Skyrim.ini is new? Shouldn't be that so no idea what is going on.

Closed MO2, opened it. Ran Loot. Sorted plugins. Checked that they where all checked including SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.

Launched XLODGEN64.

Still crashed checked that the Skyrim.ini wasn't blank. Just in case.

Checked that overwrite was empty.

Looked over my files and folders to see if all looked good.

Stopped pulled out some hair. Smiled. Decided to bother you all a bit more.

Any hints welcomed :) otherwise I'll sleep on it and see if any better ideas come my way tomorrow.

So close yet so far.

Just checked and made sure the Skyrim.ini in My Games had the same values as at the end of the prerequisit page. Then I checked the skyrim.ini in my profiles and realized they had some weird values like grass fade was at 13500 instead of 18000 like in the prerequisite page.

Can someone point me out what parts I might need to redo to make sure the Skyrim.ini in my mod profiles is correctly modified? I believe this might be due to me by mistake deleting the skyrim.ini in the late part of the modding guide.

Or did we do something later in the guide that would result in my profiles Skyrim.ini to have grassfade at 13500 instead of the original 18000?

Edited by Ostegun

Just checked and made sure the Skyrim.ini in My Games had the same values as at the end of the prerequisit page. Then I checked the skyrim.ini in my profiles and realized they had some weird values like grass fade was at 13500 instead of 18000 like in the prerequisite page.

Can someone point me out what parts I might need to redo to make sure the Skyrim.ini in my mod profiles is correctly modified? I believe this might be due to me by mistake deleting the skyrim.ini in the late part of the modding guide.

Or did we do something later in the guide that would result in my profiles Skyrim.ini to have grassfade at 13500 instead of the original 18000?

I really don't get what is going one with xLODGEN for you at the point i say skip it and move on to DynDOLOD.

Hi Lexy! First time xlodgen ask for privilege escalation in MO2. Seems not recommended to do so... any idea what's going on ? I'm on win7-64bits.  I just replace the files in my xlodgen folder which is on the "C:\" root.  Thank you for your help!

Let it have escalated privileges that is s recent change Sheson added.

DarkladyLexy and team: thank you for this wonderful guide.  I can't wait to play the game but have to pace myself so I don't make mistakes along the way. 

I'm deep in the merge section..

I've had a problem with the LOTD Patches Merged process, and can't find reference to it in the forums so wonder if you could help me. 

When I run the 'check for errors' function on merge plugins for my new LOTD Patches Merged merge, it comes up with an error on the DBM_IW_Patch.esp.  When checking this .esp in SSEEdit, indeed there is an unresolvable reference at:

IWLIBestWarhammer [LVLI:06040CF7]

'LVLI \ Leveled List Entries \ Leveled List Entry \ LVLO - Base Data \ Reference -> [0604125C] < Error: Could not be resolved >'

When I look into the records there I find that references to all but the second last item are valid.  I wonder if this means i neglected to install a mod, but all the masters for DBM_IW_Patch.esp are indeed loaded. 

I'd be grateful for any help you can provide and again - thanks for an _amazing_ modding journey thus far.

Dirks

DarkladyLexy and team: thank you for this wonderful guide.  I can't wait to play the game but have to pace myself so I don't make mistakes along the way. 

I'm deep in the merge section..

I've had a problem with the LOTD Patches Merged process, and can't find reference to it in the forums so wonder if you could help me. 

When I run the 'check for errors' function on merge plugins for my new LOTD Patches Merged merge, it comes up with an error on the DBM_IW_Patch.esp.  When checking this .esp in SSEEdit, indeed there is an unresolvable reference at:

IWLIBestWarhammer [LVLI:06040CF7]

'LVLI \ Leveled List Entries \ Leveled List Entry \ LVLO - Base Data \ Reference -> [0604125C] '

When I look into the records there I find that references to all but the second last item are valid.  I wonder if this means i neglected to install a mod, but all the masters for DBM_IW_Patch.esp are indeed loaded. 

I'd be grateful for any help you can provide and again - thanks for an _amazing_ modding journey thus far.

Dirks

make sure you are using my replacer ESPs for Immersive Weapons and the LOTD Immersive Weapions Patch. 

Let it have escalated privileges that is s recent change Sheson added.

You're always helpful!   I tried it and got errors (that's why I asked) so I decided to go back to previous version. I' ll try again when a new version will be released. It doesn't matter really a lot I guess!  Thank you Lexy.