Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

make sure you are using my replacer ESPs for Immersive Weapons and the LOTD Immersive Weapions Patch. 

Thanks for your reply.  I had reinstalled Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches SE and failed to reinstall your .esp replacer for DBM_IW_Patch.esp.  I failed a pre-Idiot Check there:) Thanks again.

Dirks

General question re: merges - when we have a merge created, and place it in the MO Left Side according to instructions, in order to deactivate the merged .esps, I've been going through each Mod that has a merged .esp and moving the .esp to the 'Optional .esps' section in the MO information tab.  That leaves the Mod activated, but the .esp is hidden from the load order.  Is this the correct method, or should we be disabling merged mods entirely?  The reason I thought to left them activated was that I wondered if some assets would still be required by the merge..

Thanks,

Dirks

General question re: merges - when we have a merge created, and place it in the MO Left Side according to instructions, in order to deactivate the merged .esps, I've been going through each Mod that has a merged .esp and moving the .esp to the 'Optional .esps' section in the MO information tab.  That leaves the Mod activated, but the .esp is hidden from the load order.  Is this the correct method, or should we be disabling merged mods entirely?  The reason I thought to left them activated was that I wondered if some assets would still be required by the merge..

Thanks,

Dirks

you can just move the esp to optional many users do that or you can just deactivate the mods post-merge dealers choice.

Hey Lexy, thank you so much for the incredible guide, it's super easy to follow and super intuitive. I also finished the guide recently using skse 1.5.53 and was wondering if it was worth it at all to upgrade to the new one and if it is, how should I do it? Thank you so much again your work is super appreciated!

Hey Lexy, thank you so much for the incredible guide, it's super easy to follow and super intuitive. I also finished the guide recently using skse 1.5.53 and was wondering if it was worth it at all to upgrade to the new one and if it is, how should I do it? Thank you so much again your work is super appreciated!

Virtulox,

The change log for updating to SKSE 1.5.62 is at https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE_Changelog.

Updating from 1.5.53 to 1.5.62 will have minimal impact. Nothing needs to be regenerated...a new start is not required.

Thanks,

Dirks

you can just move the esp to optional many users do that or you can just deactivate the mods post-merge dealers choice.

Another simple and working option is to use the merge plugin hide script for MO2 available at https://github.com/deorder/mo2-plugins

Saves a lot of time filtering and checking/unchecking mods

Hi.  I'm workign my way through the guide and at the very last of the prerequisites I'm getting an error with the nvidia inspector.  I couldn't find the correct version - not sure if the download link still points to the correct file but the version 2.13 inspector that I found is giving this error when I try to load the .nip file and again wehn I try to save any changes:

drs_savesettings failed "nvapi_access_denied"

anyone else have this problem?

Question re: wrye bash tags.  I've been setting them by right clicking on the bottom right pane in wrye bash and checking the appropriate tags.  Do I also need to add them to the description?  With one of the merge mods apparently the description was too long to add bash tags, so I'm wondering if it's necessary for the functioning of wrye bash and/or LOOT to have them there. 

Thx in advance.

Dirks

The .csv files are in the Compatability Patches file under Optional Files.

Thank you. That helped a lot.

First of all Lexy great guide and so much hard work. Much appreciated.

Secondly, I was able to follow all the steps, the Relinker did hit me up, but switching to version 40 worked out well. Now I have a stable game. The place where you first wake up could use a bit of light. I just console the Candlelight spell.

Now if I can just figure on how to install some nice looking Racemenu presets that would be golden. With your world that you created with this guide, I am the only hideous looking person in it. :-D

Good Evening Lexy,

I followed your guide to kryptopyr's Patch Hub. It seems that the Inigo_CACO patch is corrupted. SSEdit doesn´t let me load the .esp (it is greyed and crossed out). The CK shows that the .esp needs an unknown master file?

Nevermind. The initial Inigo mod was not active >.<

Hi.  I'm workign my way through the guide and at the very last of the prerequisites I'm getting an error with the nvidia inspector.  I couldn't find the correct version - not sure if the download link still points to the correct file but the version 2.13 inspector that I found is giving this error when I try to load the .nip file and again wehn I try to save any changes:

drs_savesettings failed "nvapi_access_denied"

anyone else have this problem?

no problem on my end https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-profile-inspector-download.html

Question re: wrye bash tags.  I've been setting them by right clicking on the bottom right pane in wrye bash and checking the appropriate tags.  Do I also need to add them to the description?  With one of the merge mods apparently the description was too long to add bash tags, so I'm wondering if it's necessary for the functioning of wrye bash and/or LOOT to have them there. 

Thx in advance.

Dirks

that is how I add them too you can also add via LOOT no need to add to the description in xEdit unless you really really want to.

Another noob moment here; realized that I've been generating merged patches on new profiles where the vanilla esms were active (forgot to activate the cleaned_esms mod).  Should I regenerating my merges or does it matter?

Thanks!

no having the Cleaned ESM activate or not will have no impact on the merges

I was confused by the instructions in the Wrye Bash section, as there are some double-negatives:

A popup asking to deactivate mods prior to patching may appear. If a mod is marked "NoMerge", simply uncheck the box next to it then click [Ok]. This will deactivate the mod files not marked "NoMerge" and they will be merged into the bashed patch.

The popup I get is called 'Deactivate these mods prior to patching', but then the Sub-box is titled 'Mergeable', and then the description above talks about mods that are marked as 'NoMerge'.  On the one hand, based on the outer window title I think I should deactivate these mods, but on the other hand the sub-box seems to indicate that these are mergeable (i.e. not NoMerge).  I see no other mods that are marked 'NoMerge'.  Anyway, if you could give me some direction here I'd be grateful. 

Thanks!